test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

State of the game ( my view )

suburbanz71suburbanz71 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
Let me start off by saying I love this game, I am as of today Sunday Sept 30 975 days Vet, been playing since Beta, so I have seen everything this game has gone through, even the rough times when Cryptic was bought by Atari and Atari wouldn't lift a finger to keep the game going until Perfect World saved Cryptic Studios and put some money in to their games and staff.

What I am upset about is this game is so dead, Content, PVP, Crafting, that I only logging once a day to check on my fleet to make sure they have projects to do to keep them happy, other then that I play other games, not going to say which ones. Yes everyone can say there is so many new players logging in everyday, well they havent been around long enough to know the truth of things for us that have been around since the beginning. I have made 14 characters over 2 accounts I own and played the same content over 14 times. It boring after that many times. Cryptic in my opinion can not keep customers happy with little things like C-store items to keep the game going, new ships, new pets, new uniforms, new whatever, we are all still playing the same content for awhile now, thank goodness for some people there is the Foundry, if Cryptic can spend the time to plan and make things for the c-store then can spend time making content like any other online MMO does to keep their customers happy. Until then Ill spend my money on other MMO games. Hopefully Cryptic will read this and take a hint, but I doubt it.
U.S.S. HONDA ODYSSEY NCC-170001-F-Odyssey Class
Commanding Officer: Vice Admiral Maximus@blueamdgamer
Dedication Plaque: "By Any Means Necessary" -Malcolm X
Post edited by suburbanz71 on

Comments

• Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well if you played this game for 1000 days on 14 characters you can't expect the game to feel new.

But I can totally dig it, I only started playing this summer but after grinding my way to the top ship I wanted, on stf, I sort of feel I have everything and did everything there is to do.

I think what a lot of trek people were expecting was a universe you could interact with and create something, ANY kind of open world gameplay, not just a grinding grand prix for loot with marginally better stats.

Oddly enough I like the combat in itself, which I never would have expected, albeit it gets boring to play the same 6 missions over and over.

One of the weaker points I think is the seperation between the story and the gameplay.
    Whatever took place in the episodes has zero impact on the game and the world never changes.
    I think the first step in creating a trek universe is some type, any type, of actual interaction with the game not just loot farming, which is heavily outdated.

It's like not being able to do anything standing on your bridge, which would seem a natural first step. You just can't help feeling the basics are missing.

2 factions at war! Well all I ever did was show up for stf and say "gg" to the klingons after we get our drops I am not really feeling it you know
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The top MMO in the industry took over two years to add their first significant new quest content bundle, and had to charge full price for it to afford to do so. MMOs run through content droughts; it's inevitable. Use the Foundry while you wait.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    syberghost wrote: »
    The top MMO in the industry took over two years to add their first significant new quest content bundle, and had to charge full price for it to afford to do so. MMOs run through content droughts; it's inevitable. Use the Foundry while you wait.

I hate to be the 'Use the Foundry' person, but there are some epic missions there, and you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't play at least the Spotlight missions.
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    tobar26th wrote: »
    I hate to be the 'Use the Foundry' person, but there are some epic missions there, and you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't play at least the Spotlight missions.

Wonder whether complaints like that will disappear when the new Foundry publicity/reward systems go live soon?
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    walshicus wrote: »
    Wonder whether complaints like that will disappear when the new Foundry publicity/reward systems go live soon?

Yes; to be immediately replaced by complaints that you can no longer complete three Foundry missions in five seconds. :)
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    meeheemeehee Member Posts: 85
    edited September 2012
    I feel the OP's pain, And i do the same.... Barely play the game and seek most of my entertainment elsewhere.

It's not hard to be bored either, after the "year of fail" drought we got the doff system which is very shallow and has the entertainment factor of watching paint dry, then we got the 2280 FE which wasn't really that great when compared to the other FE's and often had a feeling of incompleteness.

Then we had the amazing lack of effort from season 6, the fleet starbase itself is largely a copy and paste job with only one new unique area, then there's the fleet missions themselves which are bland and uninspired "hell i wouldn't be surprised if the space maps took anywhere more than 1 hour to put together. Nukara was nice though, for the 10 mins i played it then realized its another deferi war zone thing and never played it again. With all of season 6 i'm surprised it took then more than a week to make it.

My last hope is Season 7, if it is another let down with Cryptic just doing the bare minimum along with a wallet gouge then im completely done with this game and anything with the Cryptic name attached to it !

As for the Foundry being the "savior of STO", i highly doubt it, most of the missions i have played are utter garbage, but i will say there are a few nice missions, but not worth wading through the garbage for. Also many of them reek of fanfiction and usually stick out like a sore thumb from the flow of the rest of the game. As for the new rewards, i doubt they will be better than MK XI STF gear or MK XII fleet gear, so there will probably be no point to them.
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well you are still sort of missing at least my point, can't speak for OP.

I've never been interested in a story in a game that I can't interactt with.

Say admiral whoever is assassinated or whatever, if I can't prevent it or his death changes nothing in the game, it's just a group of pixels and text on my monitor I have to click past to get to the next, equally dull, event trigger.

That's what you read books for or watch a movie, to follow someone else.

Whereas playing a game I am the story and I create the story, me.

So it won't really matter if they double the rewards of foundry missions I am still just going to point a to press b until the final trigger where I get my loot - same as everyone else.

Do I expect them to totally revamp the same mmo formular that's always been used over night ? No but at the very least recognize it should be done even if you aren't creative enough to get there

/edit

Going back to the war between the 2 factions, where is the interaction in that, the ability to make an impact in the war, heck even just the story moving AT ALL ?
    Have you seen much warfare ?
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited September 2012

First off, I'm guessing you are referring to WoW?

But given my experience with Everquest, what you said is really misleading. Because that MMO had regular expansions once per year, had regular GM and game Events, as well had mini content being added on throughout the year. And with a budget that was en par to Cryptics. Other early MMOs were the same.

But with STO, the content is free, but it's simple missions with a massive grind. And that grind burns people out within a month, two if you are really determined. Not to mention we barely expanded the game as a whole. My word, the potential Cryptic has in expanding this game is massive. Not sure why they want ot keep everyone cooped up within Federation space.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Cryptic in my opinion can not keep customers happy with little things like C-store items to keep the game going, new ships, new pets, new uniforms, new whatever, we are all still playing the same content for awhile now, thank goodness for some people there is the Foundry, if Cryptic can spend the time to plan and make things for the c-store then can spend time making content like any other online MMO does to keep their customers happy. Until then Ill spend my money on other MMO games. Hopefully Cryptic will read this and take a hint, but I doubt it.

well they have been doing it for 2.5 years and have kept people playing so yes it seems they can.

they are making content and they have made content recently, the last season was about 3 months ago and the next season is in november. thats pretty decent pacing for mmo's considering until recently they had about 20 people, and have recently managed to get to 50 or so, which is still not that large of a team compared to what some games have.

considering ALL mission content is 100% free they have to spend time making c-store stuff. it does not matter if players like it or hate it, its totally unavoidable in a f2p game like this.

not that those ships or costumes made will hamper the content team who have little to nothing to do with their production. they will be busy making season 7.
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yes; to be immediately replaced by complaints that you can no longer complete three Foundry missions in five seconds. :)

So when is this happening? And does that mean you won't be able to do a super quick investigative officer report daily any more? That will TRIBBLE off oh - 90% of the player base. Also would cut down significantly on the amount of dilth generated in the game - seems everywhere you tern they are trying to make it harder/take longer.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    meehee wrote: »
    I feel the OP's pain, And i do the same.... Barely play the game and seek most of my entertainment elsewhere.

It's not hard to be bored either, after the "year of fail" drought we got the doff system which is very shallow and has the entertainment factor of watching paint dry, then we got the 2280 FE which wasn't really that great when compared to the other FE's and often had a feeling of incompleteness.

Then we had the amazing lack of effort from season 6, the fleet starbase itself is largely a copy and paste job with only one new unique area, then there's the fleet missions themselves which are bland and uninspired "hell i wouldn't be surprised if the space maps took anywhere more than 1 hour to put together. Nukara was nice though, for the 10 mins i played it then realized its another deferi war zone thing and never played it again. With all of season 6 i'm surprised it took then more than a week to make it.

My last hope is Season 7, if it is another let down with Cryptic just doing the bare minimum along with a wallet gouge then im completely done with this game and anything with the Cryptic name attached to it !

As for the Foundry being the "savior of STO", i highly doubt it, most of the missions i have played are utter garbage, but i will say there are a few nice missions, but not worth wading through the garbage for. Also many of them reek of fanfiction and usually stick out like a sore thumb from the flow of the rest of the game. As for the new rewards, i doubt they will be better than MK XI STF gear or MK XII fleet gear, so there will probably be no point to them.

I am happy that someone feels the same way I do, and your last part I agree with and I forgot to mention that also I am kinda pissed off with, with the Fleet Base system, its so easy now to get ULTRA RARE MK XII gear by donateing things to projects, so what is even the point of STF grinding to get that gear when the Fleet gear is way better and easier to get ??? Wow someone wasn't thinking to hard there, I have so many Fleet members that are just waiting around to earn enough credits to buy Fleet gear and said TRIBBLE it to STF gear, and players wonder why there is no good players now grinding STFs, hmmmmm.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    well they have been doing it for 2.5 years and have kept people playing so yes it seems they can.

they are making content and they have made content recently, the last season was about 3 months ago and the next season is in november. thats pretty decent pacing for mmo's considering until recently they had about 20 people, and have recently managed to get to 50 or so, which is still not that large of a team compared to what some games have.

considering ALL mission content is 100% free they have to spend time making c-store stuff. it does not matter if players like it or hate it, its totally unavoidable in a f2p game like this.

not that those ships or costumes made will hamper the content team who have little to nothing to do with their production. they will be busy making season 7.

Maybe I needed to make myself a little more clear, YES I agree, Cryptic has put out "NEW" content here and there, BUT what they put out we ALL burnt through it in a week tops and we are back to waiting around ESD and DS9 doing nothing but trolling other players. Cryptic needs to make a BIGGER effort to put out BIGGER content upgrades that you don't burn through in a week tops. Since someone mentioned WOW here when they release a new content upgrade it takes people on the average a good year with all the new missions, dungeons, pvp, etc etc etc. That is what we need here. You cant just keep selling players new ships and other things to make them for get there is not enough new content to keep players happy. Yah I bought my nice new Refit Sovy, its parked at DS9 doing nothing.

If anyone hasnt noticed or hasnt been reading all the new things about Cryptic's new game coming out Neverwinter D&D with all the hard work and promoting they are doing for that game, I feel that's why STO is being set aside for new content because they hard pushing hard to get all the content done for that game. Just how I feel about it and I will be playing that game when it comes out for something new to do, something STO doesn't have.
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There is new content added to the game every single day. New missions, every single day. Some of them are wonderful Trek stories.

Go play them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    First off, I'm guessing you are referring to WoW?

It's over 60% of the North American MMO market, and you have to guess? :rolleyes:

But given my experience with Everquest, what you said is really misleading. Because that MMO had regular expansions once per year,

Which is slower than STO's pace.
    had regular GM and game Events,

Which STO has.
    as well had mini content being added on throughout the year.

Which STO has even if you don't count the Foundry, which you should.
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Anyone with enough time will burn through any content in any game. If a player is in good/big enough guild/fleet then they'll get the biggest and best or see it all fast.

There are a few absolutes being used here: not all of us burn through Cryptics work in a week.
  • Options
    solomacesolomace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Which is slower than STO's pace.

Are you really being serious, or are you really that blinkered to respond like this?

One thing people forget, is that STO released shallow, so a lot of the seasons have only been filling in what should have been in at release.

WoW may bring out a major expansion every 18months or so, but when they do, each expansion still has more to do that STO does even with all it's seasons updates. Race changes, factions, zones, spells, mounts, dungeons, Battlegrounds, need I go on? There not in the same ball park for content and things to do. Even then they do bring out "free" updates in between.

Isn't because STO doesn't charge for content part of the problem too? I bet if you asked a lot of STO players, would they pay ?30 for a full expansion, I bet most would say hell yea. By Full I'm talking new faction (full not a re-skin with same old missions), full new sectors, new PVP, free ships etc, etc, etc, isn't that worth ?30?

I read all the time the amount people spend on lockboxs or on Z-store ships at ?25 a pop, so ?30 pound for a full expansion would be a hit no?

And please, stop with the foundry stuff as content. Yes, it's great for that small amount of people that love to make stories. Good, continue, but even with rewards, it's still a hard sell for people to play unofficial stuff. Doesn't the dross out way the good stuff?

In the end, it still sounds like they are asking the player base to make the content, whilst they churn out more lock boxes or Z-Store rubbish. It's gone from "it will never replace content" , to "If you want story, play the foundry" to now, "yep, were adding rewards to foundry".

I don't think WoW is as great as it was, but it certainly was value for money both from vanila to each expansion.

Wait, what's that noise I hear? Oh yes, it's NW, coming soon to take all of STO's resources. This game will soon become the same as Champs on line, with NW being the one they pin their hope on.

Beep, beep, beep. That's the sound of the life support machine...
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Maybe I needed to make myself a little more clear, YES I agree, Cryptic has put out "NEW" content here and there, BUT what they put out we ALL burnt through it in a week tops and we are back to waiting around ESD and DS9 doing nothing but trolling other players. Cryptic needs to make a BIGGER effort to put out BIGGER content upgrades that you don't burn through in a week tops. Since someone mentioned WOW here when they release a new content upgrade it takes people on the average a good year with all the new missions, dungeons, pvp, etc etc etc. That is what we need here. You cant just keep selling players new ships and other things to make them for get there is not enough new content to keep players happy. Yah I bought my nice new Refit Sovy, its parked at DS9 doing nothing.
    In general I agree with you. The biggest problem facing STO is lack of Mission Content. But I don't believe any game can put out enough content to keep gamers happy - and as someone who's playtested WoW's last 3 EPs I can tell you there's not a year's worth of content in any of them, not even weeks worth.

Think about it rationally. The Casual gamer, as defined by Cryptic in their Fleetbase thread, plays 2-3 days a week for 3 hours: 6-9 hours per week. Assuming the average Mission takes 30 minutes to play through you're looking at a casual gamer going through 12 to 18 missions per week. Even if we say it's only 10, due to travel and other things, you're looking at a casual player going though roughly 40 Missions per month. And that's just a guy playing 2-3 times per week. The guy who plays every day needs more than twice that many Missions. No game can keep up with that type of Mission Content demand.

Now where I think STO really failed is that it didn't produce more end-game content. Every Season should see 1-3 new STFs and 1-3 new Dailies added. Where Cryptic fails is that they're not really producing any Mission Content - because they're too busy filling in all the shallow launch holes.

Eventually Cryptic's either going to figure it out or they won't. STO's not the first game to suffer this fate. Look at SWTOR. The golden child fell hard for the same reason.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, another I bored and so I will tell you why I am bored thread. These threads should just be consolidated into one.

The beauty of f2p is that you can always come back. If you are burnt out, go play another game, particularly a game that is very different from STO.

TOR didnt fail because of the lack of endgame content. TOR really didn't do anything spectacular different from WOW, so the majority of the playerbase left because of that.
  • Options
    palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Let me start off by saying I love this game, I am as of today Sunday Sept 30 975 days Vet, been playing since Beta, so I have seen everything this game has gone through, even the rough times when Cryptic was bought by Atari and Atari wouldn't lift a finger to keep the game going until Perfect World saved Cryptic Studios and put some money in to their games and staff.

What I am upset about is this game is so dead, Content, PVP, Crafting, that I only logging once a day to check on my fleet to make sure they have projects to do to keep them happy, other then that I play other games, not going to say which ones. Yes everyone can say there is so many new players logging in everyday, well they havent been around long enough to know the truth of things for us that have been around since the beginning. I have made 14 characters over 2 accounts I own and played the same content over 14 times. It boring after that many times. Cryptic in my opinion can not keep customers happy with little things like C-store items to keep the game going, new ships, new pets, new uniforms, new whatever, we are all still playing the same content for awhile now, thank goodness for some people there is the Foundry, if Cryptic can spend the time to plan and make things for the c-store then can spend time making content like any other online MMO does to keep their customers happy. Until then Ill spend my money on other MMO games. Hopefully Cryptic will read this and take a hint, but I doubt it.

^five op iam with ya!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    solomace wrote: »
    Are you really being serious, or are you really that blinkered to respond like this?

I responded to a post about EVERQUEST, not WoW. Your entire message was a rebuttal of the assumption I was comparing to WoW, not Everquest.
  • Options
    rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Thing is that most other MMOs release with content. This is a luxury that STO and its players were not afforded. That being said STO has improved by leaps and bounds but it hasn't gotten over the hump just yet.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Thing is that most other MMOs release with content. This is a luxury that STO and its players were not afforded. That being said STO has improved by leaps and bounds but it hasn't gotten over the hump just yet.

Actually, one of the major complaints about WoW at launch was that it didn't have much if any storyline, and all the quests were just repetitive variations on "kill 5/click 5". STO launched with many hours more storyline quests than WoW.

However, the robust and varied grind in WoW is its strength, not its weakness; it's part of why people keep playing in between content updates.
  • Options
    dakkidedakkide Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I responded to a post about EVERQUEST, not WoW. Your entire message was a rebuttal of the assumption I was comparing to WoW, not Everquest.

I find it interesting that you would use that rebuttal for Everquest (Original) I've been playing EQ since 1999 with 6 or 7 Alts on 3 accounts and will tell you, I don't think I ever played the same content twice. As far as leveling, it took as long as you wanted it to take, some toons I would burn through others I took my time. My guild has over 150 folks that log in several times a week even now.

After reading your post, it seems as though you only know of Everquest what you read in the craptastic online gaming magazine sites. Which is the same problem STO has, bad word of mouth on the game mag sites. I play STO, not as much as I did before Free To Play. It has good potential, if the company would step away from the C store for a few months and push out some decent content.

I love how suddenly the Foundry is being used to prop up what clearly is a drought in REAL content. I play Foundry misisons by authors like Kirkfat and Havraha which are awesome. But other than that I stay away because my time is money and Foundry missions do not give the rewards I can get replaying or doing STFs. I recently after 2 years created a new Character, just to see what the new folks are seeing when they start. Its polished and is lots of fun, however, what happens when these folks get Max level with all of the ships and goodies they need? they will move on because there is nothing new. If Cryptic wants to keep this game a TURNSTILE game with no longevity, like oh say EVERQUEST, that will be a shame because this is all the Trek we have.

MorBlade

By the way here is real content over the life of a game...

The Ruins of Kunark (April 2000)
    The Scars of Velious (December 2000)
    The Shadows of Luclin (December 2001)
    The Planes of Power (October 2002)
    The Legacy of Ykesha (February 2003)
    Lost Dungeons of Norrath (September 2003)
    Gates of Discord (February 2004)
    Omens of War (September 2004)
    Dragons of Norrath (February 2005)
    Depths of Darkhollow (September 2005)
    Prophecy of Ro (February 2006)
    The Serpent's Spine (September 2006)
    The Buried Sea (February 2007)
    Secrets of Faydwer (November 2007)
    Seeds of Destruction (October 2008)
    Underfoot (December 2009)
    House of Thule (October 2010)
    Veil of Alaris (November 2011)
    Rain of Fear (Coming November 2012)
  • Options
    barber22barber22 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Actually, one of the major complaints about WoW at launch was that it didn't have much if any storyline, and all the quests were just repetitive variations on "kill 5/click 5". STO launched with many hours more storyline quests than WoW.

However, the robust and varied grind in WoW is its strength, not its weakness; it's part of why people keep playing in between content updates.

Yeah, and to be fair, STO doesn't have nearly the clever or difficult AI to grind against. You know, those boss AI or different AI that need various tactics and teamwork to take down.

I could almost do without PVP if STO had really good raid content. Almost. :cool:
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    So when is this happening? And does that mean you won't be able to do a super quick investigative officer report daily any more? That will TRIBBLE off oh - 90% of the player base. Also would cut down significantly on the amount of dilth generated in the game - seems everywhere you tern they are trying to make it harder/take longer.

syberghost I don't know if you read my question to you so i am re-posting - what are these foundry changes you mentioned?
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Sorry I was confused with your statement about a top MMo waiting 2 years before new content and then talking about EQ content slower than STO.

My points still stands even if you insert EQ instead of WoW. Both had and have more content then STO even when the games were at the same stage of STO. So either you haven't played either of them or you are viewing STO through fan petal spectacles.
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    In general I agree with you. The biggest problem facing STO is lack of Mission Content. But I don't believe any game can put out enough content to keep gamers happy - and as someone who's playtested WoW's last 3 EPs I can tell you there's not a year's worth of content in any of them, not even weeks worth.

Shesh, are you really trying to tell people that the last 3 wow expansions, only had 1 weeks worth of content? So you played every class, played both factions, did all the dungeons, explored all the different areas, crafted, etc etc.

What you mean is you levelled 1 toon to 70, then 80, then 85 and that's what you view as content?

Sorry, people may dislike WoW, but you really expect people to believe that the most popular p2p MMo ever and still has millions of paying subscribers, only has 1 weeks worth of content. I've nearly been playing Mop for a week now and haven't even seen any of the new content.

You talk some real rubbish you know and every post of yours always sounds so condescending.
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    dakkide wrote: »
    I find it interesting that you would use that rebuttal for Everquest (Original) I've been playing EQ since 1999 with 6 or 7 Alts on 3 accounts and will tell you, I don't think I ever played the same content twice. As far as leveling, it took as long as you wanted it to take, some toons I would burn through others I took my time. My guild has over 150 folks that log in several times a week even now.

After reading your post, it seems as though you only know of Everquest what you read in the craptastic online gaming magazine sites. Which is the same problem STO has, bad word of mouth on the game mag sites. I play STO, not as much as I did before Free To Play. It has good potential, if the company would step away from the C store for a few months and push out some decent content.

I love how suddenly the Foundry is being used to prop up what clearly is a drought in REAL content. I play Foundry misisons by authors like Kirkfat and Havraha which are awesome. But other than that I stay away because my time is money and Foundry missions do not give the rewards I can get replaying or doing STFs. I recently after 2 years created a new Character, just to see what the new folks are seeing when they start. Its polished and is lots of fun, however, what happens when these folks get Max level with all of the ships and goodies they need? they will move on because there is nothing new. If Cryptic wants to keep this game a TURNSTILE game with no longevity, like oh say EVERQUEST, that will be a shame because this is all the Trek we have.

MorBlade

Boom, you put it a lot better than me m8.

Some people I don't think, have experienced a lot of MMos and always seem to defend STO to the hilt, sometimes to the point of stubbornness.

That said, nothing comes close to my first raid in Fear. Still remember getting my Carmine robe...
  • Options
    theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    There are new MMOs to play so I would not say the content drought matters too much. Leave for a little while and come back when something interests you, unless you are monthly and do not think you are getting your money's worth.
  • Options
    theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    dakkide wrote: »

You're missing one crucial point with the above list. Each of those content items cost money to get so they could easily recoup the contents of putting out actual expansions. Our expansions are free.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    solomace wrote: »
    You talk some real rubbish you know and every post of yours always sounds so condescending.
    I was clearly discussing the individual EPs and staying they add weeks of content, but they don't add months or years of content to the game. Also, I clearly said "weeks" rather then 1 week you seem to be implying.

Perhaps you should spend more time worrying about and playing the games you do like - as you've said several times on the forum that you hate STO and do no play it - rather then constantly seeming to find ways to attack everything I say in several different threads? Wouldn't that make for a better life for you?

You hate me, why? Because I get to play dozens of games year? Because I'm retired and have tons of free time? Because I playtest a lot of games that you don't get offers to playtest? Because I have opinions that are different then yours?

Grow up.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.