test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Space Respawn - Autopilot

illusiondillusiond Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited December 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I've recently noticed that when I die and respawn my ship is locked on my previous target and like autopilot my ship aims for it and does nothing but flys to it, I can't turn my ship no matter what I do, I can only control the speed. When the targets gets into range my weapons autofire, without me telling it to do so (I have push to fire, not constant fire).

Is this a bug or have I done something serious wrong?
Post edited by illusiond on

Comments

• voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    oh how I would love to lock autopilot on my enemies. But not like this :/ sounds like a pretty bad bug.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • macjack248macjack248 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This happened to me in ISE today. Had quite an exciting time as I cruised towards the gate while I tried to figure out what was going on.

"Not past the Tac Cube. NOOOOO......"

Manually de-select the target and you'll regain control. I found out just in time.
  • illusiondillusiond Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Only way off i've found is the target being destroyed.
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This has been happening to me every time i respawn as well. Once i was able to get the directional controls back, but dont know how i managed it. Tonight nothing i did gave me back my ship control. This needs to be fixed very soon dev type folks.
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah this happened to be on ISE too, was wierd auto piloting to a sphere, but left/right clicking a lot tends to break the lock (on open space, not the enemy ^^')
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • minerkminerk Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Happend to me too :|
  • admiralthorr360admiralthorr360 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Click off screen use the tilda ~ key to clear target; that should help a bit. However this bug does need to be fixed; STO needs a dedicated bug fixing team for sure.
  • glxtrader1glxtrader1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Who are you gonna call?? Bugbusters!!!
    :o
    Keep Vulcan Boob Chick, only baktag likes to stare at guys in MMOs
  • maarkeanmaarkean Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This happens to me all the time in ISE. It's really annoying. There's no way to get out of it. And since I was locked onto the Tac Cube, I could only fly toward it and die since everyone was fighting the gate. Then I respawned and was still locked on.
  • snovernsnovern Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The most reliable work-around for this bug is to clear your target. You can do this in the following ways:
    1) Hit your "Esc" key (you may need to hit this key more than once depending on how many UI windows you currently have open; what you want to see is the target portrait at the top-center of your screen clear/go away)
    2) Click on unoccupied space (again, you want to see the target portrait at the top-center of your screen clear/go away)
    3) Click on the portrait of one of your allies
    4) Click on another enemy
    5) Wait for currently targeted enemy to die

Try those steps in that order, and you can stop when you get your controls back.

Also, to ensure your ship doesn't speed off to its death while you are trying to regain control, you should still be able to throttle your inpulse to 0. That way, even though your ship may continue to turn towards that Tac Cube (or what-have-you), you won't get any closer to it while you are trying the work-arounds (note: this does not prevent the enemy from coming closer to you).