test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Starfleet Dental: The World's First STO Fleet!(tm)

Comments

• Options
    immarynimmaryn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    As much as I'd love to fuel rampant paranoia about the legitimacy of the offer, I will not. This is being done at the behest of a few generous souls in Dental, and they have given their blessing to do this promotion. Think about it, you'd be friends with rich people!
  • Options
    sonicshowersonicshower Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Have to say Starfleet Dental has been as a whole one of the most generous and caring group of people I have ever had the pleasure of doing STF's and Fleet Actions with. You guys are awesome much love!
    sh2sxc7.gif
  • Options
    gitmomoneysongitmomoneyson Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I was going through a rough patch in my life, and Dental went out of its way to welcome me in, and helped me get myself sorted. Thank you Dental, And Praise Dear Leader!
  • Options
    psonixpsonix Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Dental paid my internet bill this month while I was out of work in rehab
  • Options
    cakeballscakeballs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    So whats the catch ?

...And where's your real site ?
    :rolleyes:

What do you mean?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I would like to personally thank Butts for allowing me to be his/her spokesperson! It is truly an honor! I would also like to thank him/her for the 50 mil ec and 1 mil dil on behalf of my loyalty! Thanks buddy! :D
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    cakeballs wrote: »
    What do you mean?

Just asking about the math- it doesn't add up: submit 1 mil EC, in return for joining get a bugship and 10 Mil EC.

My Grandma used to say 'If it looks too good to be true, it probably is'. So I ask what isn't stated in the OP to guarantee an accepted applicant doesn't immediately leave when he gets his bugship and 10 mil EC.

Yes, I'm interested in joining and I assume the group has a website, right ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    swimminglyswimmingly Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Just asking about the math- it doesn't add up: submit 1 mil EC, in return for joining get a bugship and 10 Mil EC.

My Grandma used to say 'If it looks too good to be true, it probably is'. So I ask what isn't stated in the OP to guarantee an accepted applicant doesn't immediately leave when he gets his bugship and 10 mil EC.

Yes, I'm interested in joining and I assume the group has a website, right ?

I'd just like to point out that, free bugship or otherwise, we've never had a single player leave Starfleet Dental in anything less than an amicable fashion. We're confident in our ability to vet potential recruits and we're also confident in our ability to pick the people who are the best fit for our fleet. Once people realise exactly how much camaraderie and helpfulness there is internally, they don't want to leave.

While we receive a steady stream of applications throughout the year, we've seen a marked rise in the number of people asking to join ever since we began this promotion. I'd like to remind everyone that as an experienced fleet full of captains who have been playing for a long time, we are not in a huge hurry to expand our numbers. There are many fleets out there who prioritise quantity over quality. We're not that sort. Please treat your application, if not with the same seriousness, then at least the same decorum, as you would a potential job interview.

I'm sorry if this comes across as perhaps a tad arrogant, but I have to assure you it really isn't intended that way. As you can imagine, we get a lot of rubbish applications from players looking to take our stuff and leave, and it can be very trying at times to deal with all that.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Fair enough, and surprisingly not the attitude I'd expect from a member of a guild so reviled by some posters on this forum. Well done.
    :D
    I'll certainly consider applying once registration is open again.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    kbflordkruegkbflordkrueg Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Fair enough, and surprisingly not the attitude I'd expect from a member of a guild so reviled by some posters on this forum. Well done.
    :D
    I'll certainly consider applying once registration is open again.

I can expediate that if you'd like.
    Lord Krueg
    KBF CO
    We are the Dead
    join date Aug 2008
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Fair enough, and surprisingly not the attitude I'd expect from a member of a guild so reviled by some posters on this forum.

Of course it isn't because we actually stand up for ourselves against the rather awful people whom this game unfortunately has attracted. They've been so used to having their way that they don't know what to do when confronted with people like us who don't pay lip service to their brand of e-honor and instead call them out (in appropriate venues) on their actions. They resort to name-calling, straw-mans, silly little honor-duels, and even in a few instances death threats. I wish I were kidding on that last one, but I'm not.

If doing this earns us enmity, then I'm happy being hated because I sleep just fine at night.
  • Options
    kyrandmankyrandman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    immaryn wrote: »
    Of course it isn't because we actually stand up for ourselves against the rather awful people whom this game unfortunately has attracted. They've been so used to having their way that they don't know what to do when confronted with people like us who don't pay lip service to their brand of e-honor and instead call them out (in appropriate venues) on their actions. They resort to name-calling, straw-mans, silly little honor-duels, and even in a few instances death threats. I wish I were kidding on that last one, but I'm not.

If doing this earns us enmity, then I'm happy being hated because I sleep just fine at night.

It is sad really that many people seem to be jealous of our fleet. I really don't understand why so many people hate us, or what we've done to warrant such hate.
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well trolling people in Drozana I guess.

Personally I find both Dental and E'Rpers detract from the game when trolling or public sexting.

Both of you bore me, one for trolling the other for using the Star Trek Universe as some kind of galactic knocking shop.

The sad truth is your goals and aims wouldn't exist without an enemy. :p

The other sad truth is that it's the means that you get enjoyment from more than the intended aim. Using fire extinguishers and other associated items to grief said Erps is far less efficient but a lot more fun than say filing a report about a member conducting in such TOS breaking public bawdyness.

Better chat moderation in trouble zones would be the way to get rid of public Erpers and indirectly solve your mission aim, whereby allowing this griefer fleet to become something other than a griefer fleet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Both of you bore me, one for trolling the other for using the Star Trek Universe as some kind of galactic knocking shop.

Butts explicitly stated, "We are not here for your entertainment." If you find us entertaining, great.

This fleet has done a fantastic job at keeping the riff-raff out of Drozana. I can finally go there without being pummeled with private messages for sex and the like. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Askray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Askray
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Askray.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    edited September 2012
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Alrighty then. Lets keep this on the DISCUSSION OF THE FLEET nothing else kthx.

And this also means discussion of the fleet as in asking questions about joining, who they are etc is fine. Attacking/flaming/trolling them is not.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited September 2012
    Let's rerail this thread. SFD is open for recruiting.

Primarily the fleet is comprised of oral surgeons and fire safety officers. While the fleet is friendly, fun loving and relaxed we are serious roleplayers. We are looking for ~elite~ pvpers.

Of course there are benefits when you have a tier 3 starbase.

Please contact an on line recruitment officer. Please do not contact me directly as I am a recruitment QA auditor only.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    peyotefootstoolpeyotefootstool Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey, I am serious pvp'er. Can I join Dental? I know you must still be sore about that whole mass kick thing, but Wesley is pretty slow these days (I Blame Lesh). So how about it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Hey, I am serious pvp'er. Can I join Dental? I know you must still be sore about that whole mass kick thing, but Wesley is pretty slow these days (I Blame Lesh). So how about it?

This is the quiet times between seasons. I thought Wesley would be almost up to a tier 4 starbase anyway?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    UPDATE: New recruits to Starfleet Dental now get a free Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and 10 million EC to start!

Whats the catch?
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Please read the OP in its entirety then contact a recruiter if you would like to join.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    devian666 wrote: »
    Please read the OP in its entirety then contact a recruiter if you would like to join.

We've been getting recent applicants to Starfleet Dental who haven't read the Original Post in it's entirety lately. Failure to do so will result in delays in processing your application to join Starfleet Dental.
  • Options
    psonixpsonix Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would so far like to welcome all the new faces we have so far recruited in the last few days. I hope they are all enjoying their new jem hadar attack ships. Also please note we are now only down to 12 or so attack ships left and will probably be offering something in lieu once supplies run out. Possibly D'kora or the new lockbox ships. I have spoken to the finance department and they say we are covered when this does happen. We have been fortunate enough to supply our fleet members with high end gear while nearly approaching tier 4 on our starbase thanks to the tireless efforts of our fleet members.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Bad News everyone! We're almost out of our free Jem'Hadar Attack Ships to hand to our new recruits. We estimate that we'll have to end this promotion by the end of this weekend. If you don't want to miss out on owning a FREE Jem'Hadar Attack Ship, please contact a Dentaleer today and see what makes The World's First STO Fleet truly special!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Don't forget that entry into SFD also gives entry to our KDF fleet (if you're like me and spend more time playing KDF). Construction of our KDF tier 3 starbase is close to completion, so consider the benefits of tier 3 starships.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jdalton1jdalton1 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Edit: nvm
    /10chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.