What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Special Lock Box Promotion

124»

Comments

• starfleetfcstarfleetfc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    malakhi420 wrote: »
    Forget rerunning old lock boxes, time for the Romulan lock box !!!!!!!!!!!! We want Warbirds :

You must know that the Romulan Warbird was promised not to be put in a lockbox.

I've heard DStahl said that.
  • maarkeanmaarkean Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Why was the MACO photonic tactical officer not added back to the Lobi store along with everything? That was what I wanted the most and what I couldn't afford before it was removed.
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I just read that Cardassian and Ferengi lockboxes will drop again. I also read that their content is upgraded. Is this also the case for lockboxes that I already have? I have a lot of Ferengi lockboxes and want them to sell on the exchange when they have become rare.
  • zenzinger1zenzinger1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Amazing. first I use the fighting pets so you eliminate them? I know add a posible key drop same chance as getting a lock box!!! As for the trible drops some were nice.And yes make the ships an item that can be purchased. I am not buying keys at a way overinflated price for a verry slight chance of getting something to sell on the exchange.Since the info for the ships seemed to hard to get from the web site I simply sold them on the exchange.Buy keys no thx once was a bad deal.
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Do the old lock boxes have the same loot tables as the new ones? I noticed the Cardassian greens now stack to 20 but haven't been brave enough to burn a key to find out... :rolleyes:
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Where's the photonic maco boff? It looks like you forgot to add him in the lobi store. :confused:
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2012
    I've gotten reports of the Photonic Boff and the DS9 Uniform pack both not appearing correctly in the store. These should be fixed soon and added to the store in the very near future.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • ashtakuashtaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've gotten reports of the Photonic Boff and the DS9 Uniform pack both not appearing correctly in the store. These should be fixed soon and added to the store in the very near future.

Borticus, thank you for the fast response!
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    where is the attack ship then
  • tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    sean2448 wrote: »
    where is the attack ship then

In the Red Holiday Gift Boxes, if you can find any.

That ship was never in any of the lockboxes currently available.
  • richandrewsrichandrews Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Starting tomorrow around 10AM PDT, for a limited time only, we'll be running a special Lock Box promotion. You won't want to miss out! Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.

6 Lock box keys costing approx 8Million EC, opened 6 of the new boxes and all I got were duty officer packs and 20 lobi. I made back less than 1 Million EC by selling the doff packs...so I wont ever ever open a lockbox again.
  • mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    6 Lock box keys costing approx 8Million EC, opened 6 of the new boxes and all I got were duty officer packs and 20 lobi. I made back less than 1 Million EC by selling the doff packs...so I wont ever ever open a lockbox again.

The problem is, you stopped 194 keys short of the average needed to get a ship, which is the only thing 'worthwhile' in those boxes.
  • richandrewsrichandrews Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    mattimeo97 wrote: »
    The problem is, you stopped 194 keys short of the average needed to get a ship, which is the only thing 'worthwhile' in those boxes.

Yeah I dont see how the lock box ship is worth:

Approx 310million EC + cost of lockboxes on exchange
    Or
    18,547 ZEN/ $185 (at current sale cost) + cost of lockboxes on exchange
    Or
    358 days or di refining + cost of lockboxes on exchange

Has anyone actually done repeat tests to work out the % chance of a good loot drop from the lockboxs?
  • latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    fovrel wrote: »
    I just read that Cardassian and Ferengi lockboxes will drop again. I also read that their content is upgraded. Is this also the case for lockboxes that I already have? I have a lot of Ferengi lockboxes and want them to sell on the exchange when they have become rare.

Yea, the content has been altered for all ferengi lockboxes, regardless of when they where obtained.
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Spent 5 million EC by sniping low priced keys off the exchange (5 keys in all) and used them to open 3 cardie boxes and 2 ferengi. Purple body Armour, 3 doff packs and a purple gamma quadrant doff pack. meh! On the plus side I used the lobi to buy items selling for a boatload on exchange and got my 5 million EC back.
    Still to do it on my oher toons but I'm not upset at not getting a ship yet, I knew the odds where as astronomical as all the air molecules in the world moving to Wales for the weekend...
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Spent 5 million EC by sniping low priced keys off the exchange (5 keys in all) and used them to open 3 cardie boxes and 2 ferengi. Purple body Armour, 3 doff packs and a purple gamma quadrant doff pack. meh! On the plus side I used the lobi to buy items selling for a boatload on exchange and got my 5 million EC back.
    Still to do it on my oher toons but I'm not upset at not getting a ship yet, I knew the odds where as astronomical as all the air molecules in the world moving to Wales for the weekend...

What lobi store item got you 5 mil? Even the Widdow fighter only brings around 15 Mil and that costs 200 Lobi.

Most of the pets seem to cost around 1 Mil EC and those cost 20 Lobi. And that's an average 5 boxes worth of Lobi.
  • thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Apparently there's also a "Gamma Quadrant Elite Duty Officer" pack that comes out of the Cardassian box which I didn't see listed. I got one of those and it contained the ultra-rare conn officer from the GQ set, which was pretty neat (and even with the price dropping on him due to more availability from this pack, was still worth about 25 times what I paid for the lockbox key).

edit: apparently the elite duty officer item is listed in-game on the box, but not on the page linked from this post.
  • mkilczewskimkilczewski Member Posts: 284
    edited September 2012
    Starting tomorrow around 10AM PDT, for a limited time only, we'll be running a special Lock Box promotion. You won't want to miss out! Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.

Big deal. Not big enough to get me to come back, though.
  • thundraniumthundranium Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Can we have a competition that give out keys?
  • elcrabanelcraban Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Are there actually Golden Lock Boxes dropping again?
    edited September 2012
    kingdoxy wrote: »
    What lobi store item got you 5 mil? Even the Widdow fighter only brings around 15 Mil and that costs 200 Lobi.

Most of the pets seem to cost around 1 Mil EC and those cost 20 Lobi. And that's an average 5 boxes worth of Lobi.

25 lobi from 5 boxes bought me 5 items costing 5 lobi each. Each item selling on the exchange for 1.5million ec. I made more back than I spent and got to keep the actual items in the boxes. Happy bunny.

Worth checking what is selling for a good price before spending lobi, in theory I could buy more keys and hope to keep doing what I did until I get the ships... some hope.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”

• hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited September 2012
    there are only 4 things in lobi store that costs 5 lobi, and there is no way that you can earn 1.5m a piece for that!
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
    edited September 2012
    Before the exchange got jammed full of cheaper ones, the Radiation Resistance Hypospray was selling for 1.5-2mil each. I got 5 on quick at 1.5mil a piece and made back my money. Foolishly, I bought another key and opened a box figuring I could do the same again but they now sell for about 100,000ec each. Simple supply and demand. There is now massive supply and little demand.
    None of the other 5lobi items even came close to the price I got the first day so you are only correct if you look now... if you have a delorean you can check a few days ago and make a killing :D

• ozujskoozujsko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i can only tell you,well played...so called Special lockbox promotion...take your old lockboxes and open them,they were improved...many people spend all and open them ( not one of those people),now when new big box is coming out those people need to spend tons of money again for new lockbox because they spend it all for so called special promotion...but they will spent money if they want (their choise)...i only want to say WELL PLAYED...