test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Special Lock Box Promotion

Comments

• houseofcritzhouseofcritz Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    falloutx23 wrote: »
    I play, but we just keep missing each other. I play at least once a month now, whether I want to or not.

You should play more, We can PVE and RP all night long!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote of the week:
    sollvax wrote: »
    a pure cannon build is always less effective than original starfleet specs

correct build is as it comes out of the factory
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Devs, are you able to confirm or deny whether the Ferengi set will be character bound upon purchase like they originally were or will they be boxed on purchase? I have a spare D'Kora that I'd like one of my toons to have but my original toon has all of my lobi.
  • karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Really, I miss the option to buy any ferengi clothes for FED or KDF faction in the lobi store =/
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • falloutx23falloutx23 Member Posts: 456
    edited September 2012
    You should play more, We can PVE and RP all night long!

Maybe we can work on a no win scenario strategy...

I'll RP Spock and think of a logical plan of attack.

You can play troy and diagnose why I cry every time I play this game...
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Maybe we can work on a no win scenario strategy...

I'll RP Spock and think of a logical plan of attack.

You can play troy and diagnose why I cry every time I play this game...

No, he can RP as Worf and recommend that ya'll shoot everything :)
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • meltypantsmeltypants Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This sounds awesome. I always wanted the items to stay in the lobi store. I am a little disappointed that the combat pets are removed. I actually liked them :)
  • bobtheyakbobtheyak Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    webdeath wrote: »
    Yes yes... sorry and I can't edit the title so live with it Mr Spelling..person... :P

The title wouldn't work as well with THHHEEEEY'''''RRREE
    edited September 2012
    bobtheyak wrote: »
    The title wouldn't work as well with THHHEEEEY'''''RRREE

Perhaps "they arrrrrrrrrr back"

But you have to say arrrrrrrrr like a pirate
    edited September 2012
    No, he can RP as Worf and recommend that ya'll shoot everything :)

They usally make me heal stuff instead of pew stuff. It's hard living in the shadow of Thales...

HI...
  • reallydumbpwereallydumbpwe Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    well, wish i had spent more time this week selling off all the cardasian and ferengi boxes i had. sold about 100 of them last week for about ~6000 each, not even half of what i had. seemed like a good time, with the tholian boxes coming to an end, thought people would get nasalgic.

the fact that i could sell those things at all means people are buying a huge amount of keys, this must be a huge money maker for cryptic. now my green boxes are worthless unless the ones that already dropped will be updated to this new, better common quality version :mad:

They DID say that it would be retroactive for currently stashed lockboxes.
    The ones gnashing their teeth are prob the people who bought yours and opened them... then heard if they would have waited a fe days they could have gotten better returns.
    Live and learn.
  • ericsonxxericsonxx Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm EXTREMELY happy that the tholian stuff is staying, seeing the Recluse EC price drop back down from 150 mill to less than 80 to hopefully by weekend be back to 60 is GREAT. Means I can keep steadily selling my STF drops and grind up another 20 mill or so in a couple weeks without being terrified of the Recluse going away. Plus, if Dkora prices drop too, even better, I wouldn't mind giving one of them a try. Its kinda smart to keep the older stuff around. They don't care what we buy our keys on, etc, as long as we buy keys, etc, etc.
  • baronvonhellerbaronvonheller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Oops...answered my own ?
    edited September 2012
    >>>>>>>>edit<<<<<<<<
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    Exactly, the old tired excuse of CBS not letting them put these on for general sale is looking more and more like the bs we thought it was from the beginning.

If it was to just make more money fine, but do not try to cover up the shady business you have become and at least just tell the truth...

Especially since it looks like lobi stores ships should be available forever now. They're just good liers, we believed in the CBS stuff. I guess we won't get fooled anymore now. :D

That's really sad. I loved my recluse because I thought it would be unique. Now half of the galaxy will end flying it. It's really disappointing, not sure i'll buy the next lobi store ship. If everyone can get it what's the point of buying VANITY ships?

---

For those who still wonder if the time ships will be the next lockbox, yes, probably. It will be announced the 26th and will be released in the 27th with the patch. IIRC thursday is the day where you americans get paid so it's the perfect day for new stuff.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The one ship I really want is the JHAS, unfortunately I missed out last time. Not interested in the two re-runs as I bought both off the exchange and I am running them on two of my mains. I would have liked to see the JHAS added to the Cardassian lock box as a second prize.

I know, I know they were ru nearlier but I missed out after opening like 50 of the damn packs. I was basically flat broke too and couldn't afford to buy one off the exchange either, now 500 million is not worth it for any ship. I would much rather trade my unopened Orb Weaver and Mirror Universe Vorcha for it.
    psymantis wrote: »
    I liked the Gambling Device and Crossfire Tribble. These should go to the c-store. Preferably as an account unlock.

I agree, or at the very leats in the Lobi store for only a few lobi, like 4 or 5.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The one ship I really want is the JHAS, unfortunately I missed out last time. Not interested in the two re-runs as I bought both off the exchange and I am running them on two of my mains. I would have liked to see the JHAS added to the Cardassian lock box as a second prize.

I know, I know they were ru nearlier but I missed out after opening like 50 of the damn packs. I was basically flat broke too and couldn't afford to buy one off the exchange either, now 500 million is not worth it for any ship. I would much rather trade my unopened Orb Weaver and Mirror Universe Vorcha for it.

Hey it's the las 'richer than you' ship now with this failed rerun, don't make this one common please. :D
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    They DID say that it would be retroactive for currently stashed lockboxes.
    The ones gnashing their teeth are prob the people who bought yours and opened them... then heard if they would have waited a fe days they could have gotten better returns.
    Live and learn.

i read the thing but didn't see them say all existing would change to the updated version.

im afraid i only feel bad for me :D, those lock boxes are gonna have very little value soon. whats worse, i'll start accumulating the damn things again. :o
    edited September 2012
    i read the thing but didn't see them say all existing would change to the updated version.

im afraid i only feel bad for me :D, those lock boxes are gonna have very little value soon. whats worse, i'll start accumulating the damn things again. :o

Maybe counseler JSimon can diagnose your obsessive compulsive order to collect them?

Despite what you may have heard, you DON'T have to catch them all...
  • shadokittyshadokitty Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I still have tons of unopened Ferengi Lockboxes due to being too poor to buy keys, but I might actually spring for some keys this time around.
    edited September 2012
    ericsonxx wrote: »
    I'm EXTREMELY happy that the tholian stuff is staying, seeing the Recluse EC price drop back down from 150 mill to less than 80 to hopefully by weekend be back to 60 is GREAT. Means I can keep steadily selling my STF drops and grind up another 20 mill or so in a couple weeks without being terrified of the Recluse going away. Plus, if Dkora prices drop too, even better, I wouldn't mind giving one of them a try. Its kinda smart to keep the older stuff around. They don't care what we buy our keys on, etc, as long as we buy keys, etc, etc.

I know how much you want that recluse but I don't think you should get your hopes up. When the new boxes are released the lobi store will be cleaned out for all of the new content. The recluse will soar up in price.

I have no factual source for this statement, however the past has shown us that when a box is out during its first release the lobi store has content only relating to the current box. One could argue that as of tomorrow there will be content from multiple boxes in the lobi store, however the tholian box will no longer be current and the cardassian and ferengi boxes will be on rerun.
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I know how much you want that recluse but I don't think you should get your hopes up. When the new boxes are released the lobi store will be cleaned out for all of the new content. The recluse will soar up in price.

I have no factual source for this statement, however the past has shown us that when a box is out during its first release the lobi store has content only relating to the current box. One could argue that as of tomorrow there will be content from multiple boxes in the lobi store, however the tholian box will no longer be current and the cardassian and ferengi boxes will be on rerun.

As an additional feature of this week-long Lock Box Promo, the Lobi Crystal Store is being completely refilled with all of your old favorite items from the Ferengi Lock Box, while still maintaining the prizes that were added alongside the Tholian Lock Box. We'll be keeping all of these items in the Lobi store for the foreseeable future, and plan to add even more items for you to choose from.

From the sounds of the highlighted part the tholian items will still be retained in the lobi store. That said, I'm excited about the re-run of the cardi and ferengi boxes. I hope they update the cardi boxes and items though so that the items are stackable and the boxes are stackable in stacks greater then 10! Seriously, 10!? Do you have any idea how much space the take up in my locker because they stack in 10s? Make it 50... and update the ferengi and tholian boxes to 50 stacks to!
    edited September 2012
    The cardassian boxes will stack up to 20, which is something I'm pleased about, too.

I do understand they stated that the tholian gear will be in the lobi store for the foreseeable future, but you do need to bear in mind that the foreseeable future could be until next week, next month, next year or until the next box is released. The term 'foreseeable future' is business speak for 'until another method becomes more profitable'. They can change it whenever they want without being accused of lying. If you don't keep this in mind you could be disappointed.

I'm glad I didn't spend my saved lobi on another recluse!!
  • sigilbearer1701sigilbearer1701 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    will the tholian items up now be going away when the boxes do? i am close to buying something for 300 but can stay up and play to get the last that i need.

thanks
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Maybe counseler JSimon can diagnose your obsessive compulsive order to collect them?

well, this last week ive made about a million at least from selling them, so i think i do!
    edited September 2012
    They won't be going away just yet. They'll be here for the 'foreseeable future'. I wouldn't dilly-dally, though. Never know how long before they're gone.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Dang, and here I was expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Watched too much Monty Python / John Cleese this week.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • synthscanner#2101 synthscanner Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    wilv wrote: »
    starkaos wrote: »
    kalecto wrote: »
    I believe those two timeship's will be the new 1000 day veteran rewards, but wont be long before we find out for sure.

From this month's Ask Cryptic
    Q: (lowestlvl) Wells Class? when? New KDF ships? when?

Dstahl: Currently both are scheduled for the second half of this month (September).

Considering that players with lifetime subscriptions that bought it the day it came out will be eligible for the 1000 day veteran reward on October 11, it is more likely for the Timeships to be a C-Store or lockbox ship. Considering the obvious problem with having a ship from the 29th Century be common, then the new lockbox that is speculated to appear on the 27th is the most obvious place for it.

Either way, if the timeships are veteran rewards or lockbox ships, then I will be getting them soon.

I agree, as much as I would love for the time ships to be c-sotre or vet reward items I highly doubt that will be the case. I think it's more likely they will be placed in a box. Especially after DStahl's Raptr interview.

pyro0139: when we getting ship wide uniforms?
    also what will next lock box be? hope its a derilict ship box, what i mean, top prize be old style bop's for feds, and old forget name starter ship for klinks,
    there is cannon to prove any one with resources could get these ships.
      Dstahl: Only "time" will tell what the next Lock Box is.... :)

*In that moment kalecto read his replies and realised that his hope, belief and dream was crushed he paused for a moment...

And cried out to the all mighty EP dev of STO in the ultimate geek fashion "Staaaaaahl!!!" and that moment echoed through space and time (the forums).*

Thanks for the replies folks! :(

*Reading my reply some of you laughed unexpectedly and some of you, though believing you're in control of your emotions, felt my pain and cried with me.*
    • thepleasuredomethepleasuredome Member Posts: 308
      edited September 2012

This game has Chinpokomon in it? Yeah, maybe so. It's called Doffing now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7MSUMuwPVA
      Arawn & Ihasa
      OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
      Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
      http://seekingalpha.com/article/738221-monetizing-perfect-world-s-latest-update
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • ashtakuashtaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited September 2012
      I'm very happy to see the Lobi store expanded to include the older Ferengi items... but I was very disappointed to see that the Photonic tactical officer candidate did not return. I was hoping to pick on of those up to sock away in the account bank for a future alt :(
    • malakhi420malakhi420 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited September 2012
      Forget rerunning old lock boxes, time for the Romulan lock box !!!!!!!!!!!! We want Warbirds :