test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Special Lock Box Promotion

Comments

• wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Still nothing in that lobi store or lockbox worth blowing any dilithium over or actually paying for...

The suit might not sell but I bet that a ship would...
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited September 2012
    wilv wrote: »

Id buy the ships in a heartbeat if they were in the cstore, but in chance lockboxes never...
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    corgatag wrote: »
    I think you mean "they're" :)

Yes yes... sorry and I can't edit the title so live with it Mr Spelling..person... :P
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    Exactly, the old tired excuse of CBS not letting them put these on for general sale is looking more and more like the bs we thought it was from the beginning.

If it was to just make more money fine, but do not try to cover up the shady business you have become and at least just tell the truth...

Even if the lock boxes were avilable 24/7 and lets face it with the exchange they are always avilable. They are still more rare then the regular ships. One lockbox ship = 1 toon with the ship.

While an account wide unlock is still for all toons on their account. And how many folks only have 1 toon.

So I still buy the line on CBS not wanting to open the flood gates with non-fed ships.
  • falloutx23falloutx23 Member Posts: 456
    edited September 2012
    corgatag wrote: »
    I think you mean "they're" :)

Maybe he was talking about their backs? Ever think of that?
  • jjumetleyjjumetley Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm confused. If the point of putting ships in a lockbox was to keep them available and yet rare, why bring them up again. I mean if you guys are just going to keep giving people more chances to get them, why not just put them up on the C-store in the FIRST place...
    They still are rare but now new players also have a chance to get those ships. Plus - the boxes will be there only for a week. I guess it's a good thing.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Wow... it's been a while since I saw them come that close to admitting they actually did something wrong :D

Well at least you didn't leave the poor old cardassian in it's previously hideous state. But honestly, the only way to truly end a disease is to stop it at the source. As long as lock boxes are dropping, no matter how much good stuff you give to them, there will always be complaints.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
    edited September 2012
    jjumetley wrote: »
    They still are rare but now new players also have a chance to get those ships. Plus - the boxes will be there only for a week. I guess it's a good thing.

I guess my confusion comes from having played WoW. See in WoW when a mount is called rare it means insanely hard to get and usually only available for a limited time. There are mounts in that game that aren't even available anymore giving those who did get to grab them a sense of prestige.

Reintroducing a mount makes it less than rare IMO. It depreciates it's value.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    kalecto wrote: »
    I believe those two timeship's will be the new 1000 day veteran rewards, but wont be long before we find out for sure.

From this month's Ask Cryptic
    Q: (lowestlvl) Wells Class? when? New KDF ships? when?

Dstahl: Currently both are scheduled for the second half of this month (September).

Considering that players with lifetime subscriptions that bought it the day it came out will be eligible for the 1000 day veteran reward on October 11, it is more likely for the Timeships to be a C-Store or lockbox ship. Considering the obvious problem with having a ship from the 29th Century be common, then the new lockbox that is speculated to appear on the 27th is the most obvious place for it.

Either way, if the timeships are veteran rewards or lockbox ships, then I will be getting them soon.
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    But but... I still have like 20 boxes of each from the first time they where ingame?
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited September 2012
    kingdoxy wrote: »
    Even if the lock boxes were avilable 24/7 and lets face it with the exchange they are always avilable. They are still more rare then the regular ships. One lockbox ship = 1 toon with the ship.

While an account wide unlock is still for all toons on their account. And how many folks only have 1 toon.

So I still buy the line on CBS not wanting to open the flood gates with non-fed ships.

I have seen quite a few of them ingame. They are not rare in a term I would consider CBS would make them if they actually told Cryptic this. Something I find hard to believe considering how protective they are over the ip.

This is just Cryptic/PWE finding the middle ground on how much they can squeeze out of this games playerbase before questions are asked... ;)
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Well that might be true except for the fact that EC is the transferable currency which for any player who is already well established EC has no purpose what so ever so why would selling a ship be worth wasting dilithium or real money on LOL.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I guess my confusion comes from having played WoW. See in WoW when a mount is called rare it means insanely hard to get and usually only available for a limited time. There are mounts in that game that aren't even available anymore giving those who did get to grab them a sense of prestige.

Reintroducing a mount makes it less than rare IMO. It depreciates it's value.

I traded someone for a D'kora (a very good deal) and used it for about a month before getting the Defiant retrofit. Now the D'kora's sitting in mothballs, kind of there just to say I have one. And as more of them will get pumped out this week and probably again sometime, it won't be that special anymore. So it's the same situation as the WoW ultra-rare mounts. The only comparison I can find is the Jem'hadar attack ships before their re-release.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
    edited September 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    From this month's Ask Cryptic

Considering that players with lifetime subscriptions that bought it the day it came out will be eligible for the 1000 day veteran reward, it is more likely for the Timeships to be a C-Store or lockbox ship. Considering the obvious problem with having a ship from the 29th Century be common, then the new lockbox that is speculated to appear on the 27th is the most obvious place for it.

Either way, if the timeships are veteran rewards or lockbox ships, then I will be getting them soon.

I agree, as much as I would love for the time ships to be c-sotre or vet reward items I highly doubt that will be the case. I think it's more likely they will be placed in a box. Especially after DStahl's Raptr interview.

pyro0139: when we getting ship wide uniforms?
    also what will next lock box be? hope its a derilict ship box, what i mean, top prize be old style bop's for feds, and old forget name starter ship for klinks,
    there is cannon to prove any one with resources could get these ships.
      Dstahl: Only "time" will tell what the next Lock Box is.... :)
    • thornreefthornreef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited September 2012
      After opening 175 Ferengi boxes, I got zero marauders and only one item worth anything, and it was a shield I already had. I am not buying anymore keys. Be ready for a flooded box market.
      edited September 2012
      voporak wrote: »
      I traded someone for a D'kora (a very good deal) and used it for about a month before getting the Defiant retrofit. Now the D'kora's sitting in mothballs, kind of there just to say I have one. And as more of them will get pumped out this week and probably again sometime, it won't be that special anymore. So it's the same situation as the WoW ultra-rare mounts. The only comparison I can find is the Jem'hadar attack ships before their re-release.

Who's talking EC? I clearly said zen. I guess your talking about buying the ship from the c-store and selling it in the exchange? That to me makes no sense. Why would I want to pay for an item w/ real $ only to sell it for digital money?
    • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
      edited September 2012
      I'm confused. If the point of putting ships in a lockbox was to keep them available and yet rare, why bring them up again. I mean if you guys are just going to keep giving people more chances to get them, why not just put them up on the C-store in the FIRST place...

Now you understand.

The rare bit was just an excuse to get people to gamble.

All you can do is remember and learn from it.
    • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited September 2012
      well, wish i had spent more time this week selling off all the cardasian and ferengi boxes i had. sold about 100 of them last week for about ~6000 each, not even half of what i had. seemed like a good time, with the tholian boxes coming to an end, thought people would get nasalgic.

the fact that i could sell those things at all means people are buying a huge amount of keys, this must be a huge money maker for cryptic. now my green boxes are worthless unless the ones that already dropped will be updated to this new, better common quality version :mad:
      edited September 2012
      falloutx23 wrote: »
      Maybe he was talking about their backs? Ever think of that?

And how would you know, Sir? You never play any more. :rolleyes:
      Think about this:
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
      edited September 2012
      Who's talking EC? I clearly said zen. I guess your talking about buying the ship from the c-store and selling it in the exchange? That to me makes no sense. Why would I want to pay for an item w/ real $ only to sell it for digital money?

LOL you quoted me and talked about selling it. In which the only currency to sell it is in the form of EC unless you are wanting to trade items for it but most people who were here before f2p with 10-50 characters don't really have a need or want for EC or those ships they just get used a few times and then you just hop back into the ship you love to use.
      edited September 2012
      now my green boxes are worthless unless the ones that already dropped will be updated to this new, better common quality version :mad:

A quick trip to Tribble showed me that the Uncommon Ferengi Lockboxes turned into White common Lockboxes, so I feel it's safe to assume, Yes, it will be updated.
      Think about this:
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      edited September 2012
      LOL you quoted me and talked about selling it. In which the only currency to sell it is in the form of EC unless you are wanting to trade items for it but most people who were here before f2p with 10-50 characters don't really have a need or want for EC or those ships they just get used a few times and then you just hop back into the ship you love to use.

Obviously a miscommunication. I thought u meant the suits don't sell in the C-store. I couldn't care less about whether or not they sell in the exchange.
    • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
      edited September 2012
      I liked the Gambling Device and Crossfire Tribble. These should go to the c-store. Preferably as an account unlock.
    • falloutx23falloutx23 Member Posts: 456
      edited September 2012
      webdeath wrote: »
      And how would you know, Sir? You never play any more. :rolleyes:

I play, but we just keep missing each other. I play at least once a month now, whether I want to or not.
    • redrickyredricky Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
      edited September 2012
      I play, but we just keep missing each other. I play at least once a month now, whether I want to or not.

That's my bath schedule.
      edited September 2012

If you want to buy certain Doffs or XII consoles you may need upwards of 30 Mil EC. For some folks that's quick to get. Selling Cstore stuff on the exchange can get you Millions of EC in a few minutes.
    • chaytelsolverrechaytelsolverre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited September 2012
      I absolutely love this. I missed Cardassian boxes entirely, and I'll probably even revisit the Ferengi ones now that the drop table is so much nicer. I hope this will be a recurring thing every three or four months, just a 'lockbox week' or something, where there's another chance at all the lockboxes of yore. It would keep exchange prices sane for the ships and other special items, give new players a chance to join in on the lockboxes, and generally keep away from that 'limited time or you miss it forever' stuff that's just no fun in MMOs.

Good call Cryptic. I hope this event makes you a boat-load of money and encourages you to do it again, say, around December.
    • game5pockgame5pock Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited September 2012
      Glad I noticed the part about items remaining in the Lobi store. Sold my carriers fast! ;)
    • aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited September 2012
      gamerjosh wrote: »
      So it would appear to be. This makes me very happy as I do not yet have the recluse carrier and it'll take a little while I get one.

Because the argument to keep those foreign ships for FED and KDF limited is just an excuse to have a lockbox which generates more $$$ for them. The drop rate is so low that you keep investing till you have one or more instead of directly buying and having the ships. Everything else is just a lie since day one. So simple.
    • xtremenoob1xtremenoob1 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
      edited September 2012

Boo! Pew. PWE said too short so adding fluff.
      -X-/Pandas - Pheo
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]