test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

'Iconian Probe'

elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
Was just redo-ing 'Cutting the cord' on a character, and after the ground part of the mission to the second part of the space battles, i noticed for the first time 'iconian probes' floating along side the enemy Bops,

Has this always been there, or is this not ment to be here?

(is this another possible leak or am i jsut a bit dense when playing missions for the first time :P)
[Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
Post edited by elandarksky on

Comments

• captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yes its always been there but for some reason does not show up every time (or at least if it does it warps away pretty quickly). i see it about half the time i replay it.

im sure that its meant to be there as a little easter egg for the eagle eyed amongst us, as there is no way it would appear without a dev deliberately adding and naming it.
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    how disappointing, i thought i stumbled across something but it turned out to be nothing ^^,

thanks for the response :)

(still wierd I've done that mission at least 15times (replaying for lobis on a few toons etc) and this was the first time they appeared, little balls of light,.. hmm)
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I was under the impression that their appearance was linked to the science optional shortly before you beam up.
    So if you see them or not depends on if you have a science captain with you.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I could be wrong, but I think those probes are always there, they quickly attack and disable a few friendly Birds-of-Prey. The science optional stops this attack. Why you don't recall seeing them before is that they start attacking while your BOff is talking to you, so your screen is full of text-box.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    timelord79 wrote: »
    I was under the impression that their appearance was linked to the science optional shortly before you beam up.
    So if you see them or not depends on if you have a science captain with you.

No, they're always present, but they're very weak and are destroyed at the beginning of the battle. Blink and you'll miss them. The Iconian Probes have no weapons, they just hit ships with Viral Matrix.
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The Iconian Probes have no weapons, they just hit ships with Viral Matrix.

How appropriate!
  • borgcrusherborgcrusher Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i think i saw it as well
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If you do the Sci optional, they don't appear... If you dont, they can be real nasty.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas