test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Priority One: Your questions for Dan Stahl

zmacgzmacg Member Posts: 86 Arc User
Priority One: Your questions for Dan Stahl
Hello Captains! We will have the privilege of spending some time with Star Trek Online Executive Producer, Dan Stahl.

The show hasn't been scheduled yet, but it looks like it will be in the next 2-3 weeks! Just prior to our 100th episode anniversary extravaganza!

We plan to talk about his and the community's reflections on Season 6 and what's in store for Season 7!

But I'm sure you have questions too. Please leave your questions for Dan, here in this thread or send them to incoming@priorityonepodcast.com. We may select your question to ask on the show! As always we reserve the right to reword questions in order to better present the intent on the air. So please be sure to leave a thoughtfully composed question. :)

Check in with us to see if your question was answered. www.priorityonepodcast.com

LLAP
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thetruthurtsthetruthurts Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    1: You said that you were planning on adding better rewards for replaying episode missions. When will this be happening?

2: What is the status of adding a T5 excalibur to the fleet store?

3: It has become evident that many people who voted for "playable Romulans" in the poll thought they were voting for a full faction, not a sub-faction like some of your recent posts have discussed. How can the results of the poll be used when people misunderstood what they were really voting for?

4: When will you start making better use of the foundry to solve the content disparity problem between the factions?

5: What types of rewards can players expect with the updated Foundry Spotlight feature you said was coming in October?
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Dan,

Can the way dilithium is contributed to Starbase project be altered to allow you to type in an amount, instead of using a slider?
  • Options
    rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited September 2012
    I agree , T5 excalibur , make it so ;)
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited September 2012
    When will more sets that have hats/helmets be added to the game that are not tied to the Elite STF Lottery?

I as many other players were hoping that the "Elite" fleet gear would facilitate this, but unfortunately we were wrong and got gear not really worth bothering with...
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Will we see more varients of the lower tier ships now we can purchase a fleet version?

Any details on the reputation system?

When can I have my Fleet Exclabier/exeter/Vesper??
  • Options
    palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    When will more sets that have hats/helmets be added to the game that are not tied to the Elite STF Lottery?

I as many other players were hoping that the "Elite" fleet gear would facilitate this, but unfortunately we were wrong and got gear not really worth bothering with...
    Boffs, boffs,boffs....when will we get a boff/ commissioned boff exchanger for trade, transfer, training that allows bound officers to be retrained the last time we talked about this stahl said season six or seven?

When will we get bridge officer slots that scale with our rank, meaning my vice admiral should have 5 commander bridge officer slots on my at tier 5 ship that are universal so that the captain may customize and balance their own ship respectively. Thus making this a more balanced game?

Tier 5 should be tier 5 fore, 5aft weapon slots, 15 universal console slots, 5 device slots now that is a tier 5 ship, and the lower tiers should respectively scale? Thus forcing Cryptic to make more competitive ships with better stats,turn rates , consoles, weapons that would reflect the ships worth othe than boff seating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Any chance we can get a "Deposit" button for the dilithium exchange that would allow players to consolidate dilithium into the exchange prior to selling it?
  • Options
    teleon22teleon22 Member Posts: 424
    edited September 2012
    Does Cryptic have the resources, and is it possible to add a Romulan Faction as fleshed out as the KDF Faction? Many Romulan Faction fans including myself find the idea of a major faction, such as the Romulans, being glued onto the Federation or KDF a no go proposition.

Every community poll about the Romulan Faction has indicated that it would be more popular than the KDF faction; plus including your own polling! :confused:

By the way, this is a pointed question, but what the hell happened to the Cryptic Studios that we knew pre-launch of Star Trek Online that touted how they could generate content quickly? What happened to you guys? You developed Star Trek Online so quickly but obviously you guys slowed down into a decline in development. What is different then and now that you guys seem unable to continue serious development of this MMO? So yeah, what was different then and now?
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    1. Will we be seeing a "Reputation 101" thread similar to the "Doffs 101" thread started by Heretic last year?

2. Fleet Galaxy-X when? And if never, why?

3. TNG pack ETA?

4. Ship decorations, like symbols, flags, banners, Jolly Rogers, cosmetic damage? Possible premium/purchased ship skins?

5. Better PvP awards?

6. Improving/encouraging team play? How and when?

7. Hats?

EDIT: I thought of another one.

8. You've mentioned that you have wanted to change STF rewards so they aren't as random. Now you're saying they will somehow be tied to the upcoming reputation system. How? And if not the rep system, how will they be changed?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Also , could we have a possible update on the Ambassador ?

oh and poker
    12th Fleet
  • Options
    partizan81partizan81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    1. Will Episode Replays w/the weekly special rewards be returning?

2. Will there be another Junior Officer Appreciation Week so that those that missed out will have the opportunity to grab the Exocomp?
  • Options
    game5pockgame5pock Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Will we see fleet versions of the Federation's TMP era vessels (Excelsior - Constitution Refit - Miranda - Oberth)?
  • Options
    aaronh42aaronh42 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Where is my Andorian Warship?

Any chance we'll see new hairstyles or alien parts soon?

We have had a ton of NPC and Player races added since launch: Breen, Caitian, Tholian, etc. Whats next on the agenda? Lets say you could add any race right now to the game, plans and theme be damned, just a race you want in the game, what race do you add?

Supposedly we're getting a new sector block, anything you can reveal about what we'll find there?
  • Options
    caymonjgcaymonjg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Can the 1000 day vets get a "Locksmith" tribble that gives us 1 free lockbox key every X days?

(Its worth asking however unlikely)
  • Options
    avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Would it be possible to add more rank options for our Boffs in the Tailor? I'd like to be able to give my boffs the pip ranks of captain, fleet captain, rear admiral lower and rear admiral upper. I'm only referring to the costume options, not the boff powers.
  • Options
    raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    1) When will we see more content, stories etc?
    2) When will the KDF get updates?
    3) When will the Regent be fixed and improved on the stats and combing ship parts?
    4) Will we see the Nemesis design of the sovereign class as a fleet skin?
    5) When will the ambassador class be out?
    6) Will there be more abilities added for ships and characters?
    7) When are you going to improve old ships which need fixing?
    8) PVP improvements and balanced?
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    caymonjg wrote: »
    Can the 1000 day vets get a "Locksmith" tribble that gives us 1 free lockbox key every X days?

I'd resub for that one :D
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Can you give us an update on where we are with the PvP revamp and how likely we are to see some kind of PvP starbase territory war in 2013?
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Where is my KDF fleet raptor with tactical abilities matching at least the FED fleet ships? If I want to play an aggressive faction, should I go all FED now?

Another quick one: Considering the player's reaction on the forums about your plans for Romulan playable specie (which is basically a costume option), and considering the fact that obviously you can't or don't want to make a new faction, any plan to come up with a more acceptable compromise? Romulans joining the Federation would be utterly ridiculous, you know.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Mr. Stahl, your monthly q.a. Series is great, but is lacking in other key departments. A LOT of goodwill would be generated if each of the major departments: art, doffs, gameplay, z-store, community, etc etc had their own monthly forums.

I say this because with the exit of key developers, the interaction with the customer base has become....how shall I say...lackluster?

-ABM
  • Options
    joshl7889joshl7889 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    any hints on wat the next lockbox is going to be?
    and any word on andorian antenna animations?
    *Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
    *Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
    *Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Stahl. I have a pressing question for you.

Ripped TOS Shirt for men and women in C-Store. When?

I mean seriously, the racing uniforms from one episode of Voyager made it in, but one of the most iconic looks from the very man you dressed up as for a damned photo hasn't? Illogical.
  • Options
    wry1wry1 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Can we please get the title "Redshirt" into the game? I would proudly wear that!!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Stahl. I have a pressing question for you.

Ripped TOS Shirt for men and women in C-Store. When?

I mean seriously, the racing uniforms from one episode of Voyager made it in, but one of the most iconic looks from the very man you dressed up as for a damned photo hasn't? Illogical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dnZHea_TI0
    12th Fleet
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Besides the obvious Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser Retrofit, Fleet Dreadnought and Fleet Assault Cruiser Refit.

Hybrid Weapon rank bump (Hybrid Plasma Disruptors, Phased Polarons and Polarized Tetryon) even as blues to at least MK XII?

Reruns on Lockbox ships (I really want a BUG), alternative ways of getting Spiral Wave Disruptors (I like Disruptors, but I don't like green on my Excelsior)?
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Is there the possibility of the Regent having traditional swept-back pylons? (The Sovereign's don't mesh well with the Regent).

Will there be somekind of credit given to those DTNE entries that inspired the new ships, like a unique title? Or maybe them getting that ship for free as a thank you?

Will there be other ways offered in the future with Limited Time Starbase Projects that won't cost Dilithium?

Will we see special missions or unique drops that could lead to unique furniture or unlocks for Starbases that Fleets could pursuit?

Will Fleet Marks be integrated more into regular missions so Fleets won't have to constantly grind the Fleet Missions? That way players would have more freedom to do the things in STO that they want?

What is Cryptic doing about those who nonparticipants who do nothing in Fleet Events and let others do their work. Is CSR really doing something about such people?

Will the Queues be fixed where we don't end up being queued in STFs when we want in a Fleet Event?

Is there going to be a revamp that makes lower levels viable in Fleet Events, so they are no longer a hinderance?

What are the plans on the remaining Canonical Ships?

With Klingons we got the VoD'leH (Negh'var Varient from All Good Things) and the K'Vort-class BoP. With Federation you got the Yeager, the Elkins, the New Orleans, the Challenger, the Freedom, the Constellation, and much more.

Could we see partial discounts for the other C-store ships with Fleet Modules?

Could we see other Fleet ships that don't require Fleet Modules?

Could there be an refit program that lets us refit our ships as we level up?

Will we see another NPC Balance pass to fix the overpoweredness of Psychic Attacks like Undine's psychic attacks in Colony Invasion, Reman Psychic Attacks or Lethian Rapture?

Curious, why is the Relativity going to be a playable ship? It's a 29th Century Time ship, what about the Temporal Prime Directive?

How come we can have 29th century starships, but we can't fly older ships in-game?

Tell us more about the 1000 Day Veteran Ship.
  • Options
    mattmiraclemattmiracle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    When can we have Deltans as a Federation Playable species? We have the Admiral in the Romulan zone who is Deltan and it would be nice to have a "seductive" Fed captain. You could also add a trait called "Celibacy" which grants a resistance against seduction.

When are the Wrath of Khan uniforms ever going to be fixed? I could live with being a captain but it looks like the captain rank pin has been bent. Even when Kirk fought himself (technically Martia but it was Bill Shatner twice), his captain's rank pin was not damaged.

Not asking for exactly "when" but ... is the BOFF department head functionality of the DOFF system on a schedule? I am really looking forward to this feature and I hope it is not lost in the Delta Quadrant, hoping each time that the next season will be the leap home (Sorry, I had to toss a Quantum Leap reference in somewhere :) ).

When, if ever, is the Friend Referral coming back?

If you ever did a "motion picture" set, would engineering look like Star Trek 2 or Star Trek 6 (aka Next Gen Engineering)?
    Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief [Rank 7] for Covenant of Honor; a FED T5 Starbase
    House Leader [Rank 7] for Honorable House of Mor'gue; a KDF T3 Starbase
    Find us at CovenantofHonor.com.  My Twitter handle; @jmattmiracle
  • Options
    dubrikerdubriker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    3: It has become evident that many people who voted for "playable Romulans" in the poll thought they were voting for a full faction, not a sub-faction like some of your recent posts have discussed. How can the results of the poll be used when people misunderstood what they were really voting for?

We had a good run everyone. I really believed in STO. I followed game development for 5 years before its actual release. I've played my heart out since beta. I pulled 2 friends in with me, played my heart out some more, and purchased about $50 worth of in-game merchandise. I was a real player in the STO universe. I wish the game had continued to expand in terms of episodic content but it hasn't. Instead the focus has been on "filling in the blanks" and making money off of boxes that somehow always ended up in our inventory. I really believed that Season 5 had us back on track. I'm not saying that Cryptic or Perfect World has bombed; just that their goals have grown so far from my hopes and expectations, that I can no longer consider myself a member of the STO community.

As for the QA section for Stahl, I'd like to remind everyone that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Translation: When people want a full Romulan faction, give it to them. If nothing more, release a new episode once a week. The idea of a mini-faction is like spitting in the face of (clearly) the majority of players who voted in this poll.

Live long and prosper.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,800 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    caymonjg wrote: »

That is an excellent idea and one that doesn't have to cost the company a lot. A free key every 30 days would be a nice addition to the 1,000 Day Veteran Rewards. In their current standing, there is very little reason to subscribe.

Can we have the original Gorn skins and colors returned? Maybe add this as a special reward for LG level Klingon faction toons in the future for a replay of one of the Devidian series past missions.
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    1: So how about adding a new equipment slot to all ship puppets, call it Special Equipment or whatever.

For the Galaxy-X and the Garumba it would be the lances of course, this gives you the ability make the Fleet versions of them without giving away the lance as well. It could even have the added benefit of putting different energy type lances in the D-Store for those that would rather do something other than phaser / disruptor. Restrict these lances to the X / Garumba only, and any future ships that you may decide to put a lance on.

For the Excelsior it would be all the transwarp abilities, and since that is a non-combat ability, just go ahead and open that special piece to any ship. The bonus here is it makes buying the Excelsior a little more appealing, for those that want the transwarps but don't necessarily want to use the Excelsior itself.

This would also open up more possibilities for new ships in the future, so instead of *just* consoles, you have a new slot to play with.

Alternatively, you could just restrict the ability to buy Fleet and refit versions to those that have already unlocked the prior version in the C-Store.

2: If the T2 cruiser doesn't make it to the fleet store, how about using the Chris Madden entry for the Enterprise F contest in its place? Assuming Cryptic has the rights to all those designs still.

Link to the entry I'm asking about: http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk280/hravik/ent-f_final_small.jpg

3: Will we be seeing a frigate hanger pet for the Atrox? It would be nice to have pets that don't go boom in a stiff breeze. Perhaps the Miranda or NX, to give those models a use since they won't be seeing T5?
This discussion has been closed.