xxxhellspawnyxxxxxxhellspawnyxxx Member Posts: 195 Arc User
edited September 2012 in PvP Gameplay

Comments

• criminiuscriminius Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Voted! 10char
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Who the heck voted for 'improve exploration'? RPing Federation captains!?
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • dant158#3249 dant158 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Voted! Dunno about you guys, but the studio taking community opinion polls seems a step in the right direction!
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think playable Romulans would improve pvp, for me anyway due to my style, so had to vote for that instead.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited September 2012
    dantrainor wrote: »
    Voted! Dunno about you guys, but the studio taking community opinion polls seems a step in the right direction!

except all itll do is give us false hope because they've already got season 7 and 8 mostly planned out it seams. so even if pvp was voted to the top itll still be a year before they "get around" to it and by then who knows what kind of havok has been released
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    oh you know i voted
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited September 2012
    Well, if we look at hos old polls where used to prioritize content for the game...
    The more votes something had the lower it was in the que to be implemented..
    Apparently working under the assumption that if you give the players what they want the least first will be seen as a sign of progress and hope for those things that players want more. to keep them interested in staying with the game.

But i guess now its the opposite, since quick money is the keyword now.
  • dant158#3249 dant158 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    QUOTE]
    except all itll do is give us false hope because they've already got season 7 and 8 mostly planned out it seams. so even if pvp was voted to the top itll still be a year before they "get around" to it and by then who knows what kind of havok has been released

It's easy for me to be optimistic during a forced absence from the game. The looking forward to playing again paints everything in a lighter shade :P
  • doomiciledoomicile Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Judging from the current poll results, it looks as if most of the PvP'rs have already left STO. 8-(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • esquire1980esquire1980 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Voted 10 char
  • trueprom3theustrueprom3theus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for posting! I sure didn't vote fore exploration TRIBBLE, lol.
    Hear! Sons of Kahless
    Hear! Daughters too.
    The blood of battle washes clean.
    The Warrior brave and true.
    We fight, we love, and then we kill...
  • marctraiderzmarctraiderz Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    voted 15 times, no need to know more.
  • broken1981broken1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    this topic should have been called "CALL TO ARMS" judging from what i heard in my fleet none will even vote for pvp. they want a new play toon race, wtf? also does this seem wrong to any of you?

Q: (fedwarrior) For two factions at war, the feds and klinks don?t appear to engage each other much. Is there any plans to improve PVP and make it more a core part of the game?

Dstahl: Even though this question pops up every month, it is important to note that I?m taking the ?build it and they will come? attitude towards the KDF. Despite the fact that a minority of players play KDF, there is still a dream that we can build up the two factions into two healthy adversaries that could warrant the ?war? that is going on. This is why I?ve been actively pursuing all of the resources necessary to tackle the biggest issue first ? which is to allow players to create a KDF faction character as their first character. As it is, you must create a FED, level it to 24, and then you can roll a KDF toon. Problem is, you?re already invested in your FED, so it makes it more challenging for you to want to play KDF. This means building a KDF tutorial and ensuring that you can play KDF from level 1 onward. Once this happens (which I hope it will in the future) it will warrant the type of PvP Battlegrounds that PvP fans (and PWE) are wishing was part of this game.

i thought reason most dont pvp klinks is because of the imba toys they have. none of what was said by stahl. what ever im almost done with this TRIBBLE game. company of heroes is getting a pt.2 and ill move on to that.
    I can throw [Fireworks] at you and hope you catch on fire and burn to death lol
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I did, but sadly the Kirks outnumber us many times over and "OMG I wan be a Romylan!" is always going to be a certainty, we know that and so does PWE, if it was in any doubt they'd not have bothered posting a poll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • xxxhellspawnyxxxxxxhellspawnyxxx Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There's a poll in the German part of the forums, too:

http://sto-forum.de.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php?t=278622

You may have to switch the language or log in again to open the thread. Please vote and save us from the PvE Heroes!!!

It's pretty simple: just choose "Verbessertes PvP" :rolleyes:
  • keisyeakeisyea Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Voted! /10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Voted in both. Traitor that I am, I also voted for exploration revamp in the German post. Not that it matters, seems few care about exploration in Startrek.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • xenovitaxenovita Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    voted
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • smeagolsneakysmeagolsneaky Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    * Votes for pvp then fires up guild wars 2 for a amazing open pvp experience *:D
  • ghostyandfrostyghostyandfrosty Member Posts: 864
    edited September 2012
    voted.

It won't make a damn bit of difference as the /faceroll community will drown us out again.
  • praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I don't get people.

How can anyone expect a decent Romulan gameplay experience (let alone within any sort of reasonable timeframe) after looking at the disaster that is the KDF?
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    praxi5 wrote: »
    I don't get people.

How can anyone expect a decent Romulan gameplay experience (let alone within any sort of reasonable timeframe) after looking at the disaster that is the KDF?

They'd rather have what the KDF has now, then wait until Cryptic stops being Cryptic.
  • teleon22teleon22 Member Posts: 424
    edited September 2012
    praxi5 wrote: »
    I don't get people.

It is better to have about what the KDF has than have nothing at all... ;)

Besides, I at least expect very, very little from Cryptic. I learned this the hard way because they taught me to expect nothing great from them. :rolleyes:

Now I'm at least not nearly as disapointed when they release broken content even after people test it and tell them it is busted. LOL.

Just PEW PEW PEW another Borg PROBE onto victory... sigh. PVP.. is LOL stupid right now and has been for a while.
  • francescos77francescos77 Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I voted for exploration because all those tiny anomalies floating in an empty space are breaking my game immersion.

Just jk, I voted PvP with my non-banned account. My main account is banned since PSW3 nerf so I can't vote with it :D
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2012
    Voted!

/10 char
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • amidoinitrightamidoinitright Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Vote early, vote often.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Time played in game. as of 9/12/12 (on my mains) Total 2907 hours.K'zoontite has been on active duty for 34 days, 3 hours, Bot Fly has been on active duty for 55 days, 4 hours, Poppa Capp has been on active duty for 4 days, 12 hours, B'zooka has been on active duty for 12 days, 22 hours,Tater(fed) has been on active duty for 14 days, 10 hours,
  • zyphoid7zyphoid7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Voted!

/10 char

I'm not sure I saw the "Liquor and Strippers" option on that poll Borticus........

.........but that would be my vote too.
    [SIGPIC]Nixus[/SIGPIC]
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Voted!

/10 char

see? they want to have our backs, hopefully they will one day.
  • dassemstodassemsto Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Who the heck voted for 'improve exploration'? RPing Federation captains!?

Heck, that's putting the vote where it's needed! :)

most neglected parts of STO:
    - PvP
    - Exploration
    - Old Fleet Actions
    - Terradome
    - DSEs ;D