Install Arc
Options

Rare borg salvage and rare borg tech...

2»

Comments

• Options
    liquidraven26liquidraven26 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I've lost count on how many proto salvage/ shield/ deflector/ engine tech I have picked up.

But I have not seen one proto PSG/ armour/ weapon tech in any ground STF (over 4 toons with 100s of ground runs between them, I have picked up heaps of rares though. Its about time some proto tech dropped for me :/

Same I can not get a ground gear to save my life..I purchased all 3 of my 3 mark Xi's on the ground, not one Mark Xii ground drop, have lost count on all the runs. Plenty of Space Xii and I barely run space.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I doubt that...

I really do.

To me I think they nerfed the drop rates, I guess to pander to hardcore people. I don't think that is wise. I have been having the same problem a month of those STF's and nothing... So its not bad luck, they just nerfed it.

I get 2-3 rare and proto techs a week, and I play 2 STFs a day when I'm not on vacation. Currently I have plenty of free time, and I can tell you it's a lot more. 5 protos this week for roughly 25-30 STFs.

It's not the game, it's just you. Terrible luck. :D

Don't worry, you'll get something significant sooner or later, just don't give up, and play two stfs a day.

Edit: If you want ground techs, stop playing space stfs. Be smart. Don't play space if you don't need space.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Sometimes you just get bad luck, sometimes you get good.

Yesterday on my main I finality got my Prototype Deflector to finish my MACO set, and a Prototype salvage, and on one of my alts I barely play I got the common shield and engine. Everything else besides a couple of very rare MKX weapons has been junk the past week and a half.
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • Options
    kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Managed to pull 3 proto salvage and 2 proto shields yesterday. First time pulling anything proto and I get 5 things.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • Options
    voyagerrulzvoyagerrulz Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    For the ground missions i have never gotten any Prototype mark 12 drops..
    But to be honest i dont play ground elite much at all.
    I have gotten many Rare armour/weapons drops but yeh never Proto.

I still would love to finish off my set of Mark 12 for my Sci toon..Just need to get those 2 deflector peices.

Do u think it makes any differance how quick the mission is completed it maybe??
  • Options
    pacmanlovesno1pacmanlovesno1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Guys, does anybody know if the chance of getting rare borg salvages of any kind is somehow related to the amount of impact you had during the STF?

With "amount of impact" I mean your contribution to damge or heal in comparison to that of your fellow STF participants.

The reason why I am asking this: I have the feeling that I gathered more borg salvages with my tac toon which is able to deal a good amount of damage.
    With my engineer on the other hand I am not able to get any borg salvage yet. The equipment of that toon is far from perfect yet. In fact I have installed blue XI weapons that do not have an extra anti-Borg effect like the STF equipment has.

Greetings
    pac
  • Options
    gerudongerudon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It just seems to be very random. I got the very rare shield and deflector prototype in two STFs I played back to back with my eng and I even got an additional prototype salvage in one of them. But after that I got nothing in a like 10 other STFs.
  • Options
    adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Got a full set of mk12 and then recycled it for dilithium last week. Tonites catch was 2 mk 12 shields. Yes yes the maco stuff for those who would be wondering

I am not intending to boast but i feel there is no need to tweek it any further.
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I can't believe it but after 150+ STFs of KA I finally got both Mark 12 Deflectors.
    Very weird..I got them back to back as well.. So strange.
    And in one of them I died once as well..so I don't think it makes a difference..unless it glitched and didn't count it or something??

I'm just very happy now all my 3 toons are complete and I can enjoy the STFs just for the fun of it now..lol
    adabisi wrote: »
    Got a full set of mk12 and then recycled it for dilithium last week.

I've heard about this before..but not exactly sure how do you recycle items for dilithium??
    I thought you could only sell them for Energy Credits???
  • Options
    gerudongerudon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've heard about this before..but not exactly sure how do you recycle items for dilithium??
    I thought you could only sell them for Energy Credits???

The woman where you change in the salvage, tech and chips also has a "general merchandise" tab or something like this. Under that tab you can change in chips for the borg set and chips, salvage and techs for lock boxes (which is probably a joke by the designers :rolleyes: ) or dilithium boxes (like about a 1000 for a rare tech and 2000 for a very rare tech etc.).

I have the deflectors and shields Mk 12 of both sets, but still no Mk XII engine. I would probably stick with the borg set + Mk XII MACO shield anyway, but still...
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Oh I never have checked those specific tabs to be honest..hahaha
    thanks for the info will check it out later on tonight.

I hate it when it happens like that and u cant finish the set off :(
    But the set up as u say is pretty good 2xMACO + Borg engines is a perfect set up for most.
    The only time i run full MACO set is on my SCI toon with a SCI ship. My TAC & ENG toons run the same set up as ur using now and its pretty good.

I hope still u get the engine though soon to complete ur set.
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i just did my first to ISE ever and managed to get 3 prototype borg salvage and 6 EDCs in total....seems a bit off considering that there are peopel who have run 100s and havent gotten one PBS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    grethore wrote: »
    Is there something wrong with the Rare Borg salvage and rare borg tech drops or something? I haven't seen ANY of the tech pieces in a week, and only about 3 of the salvages during that time. Even the common tech pieces have been mysteriously absent lately. In fact, across 4 characters able to do STF's, ever since season 6 started, I haven't seen diddlysquat of anything other than EDC's.

I used to average one or the other every 5 STF's or so...now though....NOTHING at all.

WTF is up? Where they removed? Or did Cryptic nerf the drop rate to make us grind some more?

Signed.....Not a Happy Camper

they are dropping the system is so broken
    today I got back to back 12 proto shields a rare shield
    the problem is so many pugs are doing it
    got to grind time accolades
  • Options
    nickhurlnickhurl Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I find the Borg Tech stuff of any level seems to drop very randomly. Sometimes several rare or proto other times, even when you know a game has gone well, you get nothing but equipmt you sell for credits at great loss, just to stop it clogging up ur stock. And as for drop box keys, don't get me started on the extortionate cost of those. Given the volume that gets build up, we should get double the amount for what we pay for them!!
    back to the original item, I find also that I very often don't get all the drops that I click for in a game, & very iften have to equal the 'squad leader' level just to get the basics! I have 3 STF & 2 KDF Admirals/Generals & it happens on all of them; no settings I tried have made any difference & neither has contacting Cryptic.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have done two elites, and it shows I was awarded a Rare Borg Salvage item, but I did not get it in my inventory, I must be clicking the wrong thing or something.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    just got the last proto tech drop for teh final set piece.

I have very pure numbers without muddled drop rates, because i started this toon with season 6.

Took me 103 STFs total for all set piece so I got one every 8-9 STF runs on average.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    increase in people running stf's thinned out and just maybe they shut the thing of to reload a bit

or maybe they pulled tech to update it for system swap in season 7

recomend grind out 300 you might get set with that accolade
    I am done working on starbase
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    grethore wrote: »
    Is there something wrong with the Rare Borg salvage and rare borg tech drops or something? I haven't seen ANY of the tech pieces in a week, and only about 3 of the salvages during that time. Even the common tech pieces have been mysteriously absent lately. In fact, across 4 characters able to do STF's, ever since season 6 started, I haven't seen diddlysquat of anything other than EDC's.

I used to average one or the other every 5 STF's or so...now though....NOTHING at all.

WTF is up? Where they removed? Or did Cryptic nerf the drop rate to make us grind some more?

Signed.....Not a Happy Camper

Same here. Used to be that I got a purple tech, ever so often. Now I don't. For weeks on end. Luck don't work that way.

A very experienced member of my old fleet came up with an interesting and plausible notion; namely that they changed the purple tech to only drop for those who did the most DPS. That seems very consistent with what I've seen. He's a Tac officer (I'm an engineer); he can, by virtue of being Tac alone, always push out the most DPS than me (in short bursts of sometimes 3x as much). Hence, he almost always gets purple tech, and I very very rarely any more.

Even though I have most purple tech already (from the time it still dropped normally), indeed I think something's fishy. Naturally topics like these are invariably used by people for pointless grandstanding, and telling everyone how they are soo good that they are not affected by it. Nevertheless the OP is not the first one to notice, and not the last.
    3lsZz0w.jpg