test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Visa Gift Card issues

petst0nepetst0ne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Hello, everyone!

How would I use a 50$ visa gift card that I bought to... say... order gold membership, or order zen? I can't put it on paypal or google checkout, as it doesn't have a definite billing address...

-PetSt0ne
Post edited by petst0ne on

Comments

• Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    it wont work, I tried. Best bet is to use paypal and put the gift card into the account linked to paypal. If thats not an option, try a cashiers check or money order purchased with the gift card.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    ericsonxxericsonxx Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well that doesn't make sense, I used a Visa Gift card to get 2000 Zen just fine a couple weeks ago. Just put the transaction in like a regular credit card and it should work fine.
  • Options
    thestigonlinethestigonline Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    petst0ne wrote: »
    Hello, everyone!

How would I use a 50$ visa gift card that I bought to... say... order gold membership, or order zen? I can't put it on paypal or google checkout, as it doesn't have a definite billing address...

-PetSt0ne

The billing address is the same as the company who provide the gift card, e.g.

Sesame Street Gift Cards Inc
    123 Sesame Street
    Town / City
    State
    Zip

You should be able to contact them directly and they will advise you of the address to use, if it's not on their website under an FAQ or help page

ericsonxx wrote: »
    Well that doesn't make sense, I used a Visa Gift card to get 2000 Zen just fine a couple weeks ago. Just put the transaction in like a regular credit card and it should work fine.

This is correct and should also work, as far as available funds on the card, because they just want our money :D
  • Options
    corgatagcorgatag Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I used one before: On the back of the card (or in the card's packaging) there was a website listed. That website allowed me to register a billing address to the card.
  • Options
    petst0nepetst0ne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I tried putting the visa address in the billing address box, but it wouldn't work for some reason... maybe I'm not using the right address, but I also think that they have a messed up address which is like in the wrong format.... there's no street name/number...
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'd say its an isolated incident. When I had a paid account I only ever used prepaid visas, so I know without a doubt they do work

but they have to be registered to you first. like others have said, there should be a website to do that on the card
  • Options
    harbingerzeroharbingerzero Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    corgatag wrote: »
    I used one before: On the back of the card (or in the card's packaging) there was a website listed. That website allowed me to register a billing address to the card.

This. You have the register the card online first. Once you to that, it should be fine. I use them all the time.
  • Options
    ananthonym02ananthonym02 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    In the past, the conventional wisdom on the giving of gift cards has been, simply, don't do it. Getting them is equivalent to trading money for something of lesser value. However, their reputation as a present choice doesn't appear to be declining in the least, as Americans are anticipated to spend billions to them this year. So here are the positives and negatives you need to know about gift cards before putting cash on the table.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey hey now!

BAD ZOMBIE BAD GO BACK TO THE GROUND!

Seriously folks, if a thread hasn't been responded too in 30 days please don't bring it back up :( If you feel you need to continue the thread by all means make a new one! :)

/Closed
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.