test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

26th Fleet [Mature Heavy-RP]

purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Earth Spacedock
26th Fleet Website

ABOUT US

The 26th Fleet is dedicated to providing an atmosphere of heavy roleplay that focuses on character development and creating an immersive Starfleet experience; we believe that the story of Star Trek is not about the politicking of civilizations or the vastness of space, but about the individuals who shaped a galaxy in times of war and peace.

The 26th Fleet promotes these ideals by hosting frequent social events set against an overall fleet plot. Each month, we host one major event that can include as many members who wish to attend. These large gatherings are meant to foster the interpersonal relationships between the characters of our members while our weekly, smaller events give our members a chance to level their characters in a group setting while still providing a mature roleplaying environment.

If you're looking for a fleet that values heavy immersion and serious roleplay, the 26th Fleet is for you!

WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT

The 26th Fleet aims to create the experience of Starfleet captains to the smallest detail. Common procedures, ceremonies, court martial hearings, missions, and military intrigue are just some of the many aspects of Starfleet life the 26th Fleet is dedicated to reproducing to give our members a totally immersive experience.

Officers in the 26th Fleet are assigned (chosen during the application process) to task forces - each with its own unique style and mission. As quasi-independent groups within the fleet, task forces host their own events and follow along with their own plots which relate to the overall story. These small groups of players are sort of like communities within the community, and we hope that by fostering friendly competition between them, we can create a truly unique fleet experience.

Within their task force and in the fleet at large, officers can climb the ranks and take on responsibilities to help the fleet operate. The 26th Fleet is always looking for dedicated members of the community who are eager to help the fleet grow and improve. Members of our fleet command are responsible for website administration, graphic design, and story writing - among other duties - so there are plenty of opportunities to contribute outside of the game.

In addition to positions in the various task forces, with the release of Season 6, members can choose instead to serve positions aboard the fleet starbase, SB381 Praetorian. From the top officers in each department to quartermaster and bosun, the positions aboard SB381 run the gamut just like those on a starship. This option is especially enticing to members looking for a more slow-paced, intensive character development environment full of personal drama and office politics.

HOW TO JOIN

We highly recommend that you familiarize yourself with the information provided on our website before committing to joining, but once you're ready, click "Apply to Guild" just above our recruiting notice on the home page and follow the steps outlined.

Depending on availability, the application process can take up to 48 hours. If you haven't heard back from us by then, please contact an officer of the fleet to get an update on your application.

CONTACT US

If you have any questions or would like more information about the 26th Fleet, feel free to contact us through our website or in-game at the following addresses:

@playfuldreamer
@highwire
@sparkeh86
Post edited by purplegamer on

Comments

• purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The 26th welcomes Commanders Erika Angrisano and Hadron Collier "Higgs" to our ranks!

We're a new fleet just getting started so this is your chance to help shape and build a fleet that you can be proud of. We hope to hear from interested roleplayers!
    edited July 2012
    A warm welcome to our newest members, Captain Erik Fury, Captain Nya Savrok, and Captain Jordan Berkezt.

In addition, I'm pleased to announce that Captain Erika Angrisano will be taking on the duties of Vice Commander while Captain Erik Fury will take the reigns of Task Force Avalon. Congratulations to both.

Now is a great time to join the 26th Fleet and be a part of something you can help shape and evolve. We've got a great community forming here and I'm pleased to say the future looks bright for the 26th!
  • dwadsdwaddwadsdwad Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Im hugely interested in applying here.

My only question first is do you know of anywhere where I can get usefull info that is true to canon on ST races and so on. Particularly concerning Caitians.

Cheers!
  • cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    dwadsdwad wrote: »
    My only question first is do you know of anywhere where I can get usefull info that is true to canon on ST races and so on. Particularly concerning Caitians.

Hi, I'm the XO of the 26th, in game is Erika@solarfox, feel free to send me a friend request IG to help get you set up in the fleet.

The best place of canon lore for ST is Memory Alpha.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Portal:Main

Most consider it to be the best single spot for canon ST lore. There's also Memory Beta

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

That's a source for non-canon ST lore.

Between the two of them you should be able find everything you need regarding Caitians.
    edited July 2012
    Our original post has been edited to provide more information about our new starbase positions. Take a look!

We're happy to announce that Captains Martin Vonholt, "Doctor" Janos Faux, and Pa'tah have joined the 26th Fleet!

Excerpt from our fleet news this week:
    Recruiting Drives, Fleet Alerts, and Doctors, oh my!

What a hectic few days it's been for the 26th!

To start, we've consistently been adding new officers to the roster--all of whom display some of the best roleplaying I've seen in Star Trek Online. We're very pleased to have you all with us; the 26th is shaping up to be one of the best roleplaying communities in the game. So here's a big warm welcome to all of our new members!

As the roster grows, so does the site. I've been busy updating permissions, setting up forums, and fleshing out some of the informational pages in an effort to provide you all with a place to socialize and to give you references for roleplay.

Most recently added was a page for SB381 Praetorian, which features technical statistics and a listing of some major NPC characters who call the starbase home. For those interested in a more sedentary position in the fleet, we'll be offering characters positions on Praetorian if that is more you thing.

We've also added a story page which highlights the major plot points currently taking place. Be sure to read up and get an idea of where the 26th is at.

Keep checking back with the site as we'll be updating more and more as time goes on. Don't forget to get involved in the forums as it's a great place to meet your fellow officers and chat about the game.

In-game, we've already seen some great roleplaying. With the appointment of Captain Erik Fury to command of Task Force Avalon, you can expect to see some scheduled events kicking off very soon. He's also been leading teams into Starbase Fleet Alerts for members who want to see some action and collect marks to contribute to starbase construction.

Speaking of starbase construction, officers of the 26th have graciously offered their extra resources to start up development of SB381 Praetorian. We've already completeed two projects--two more of which are cooking right now--and another is nearing completion. Way to go!

Finally, I'd like to personally thank Erika Angrisano for helping get the 26th up and running. Your effort these last couple of days has been very much appreciated.

To all of you, I'm really excited about what's in store for the 26th. Things are really picking up!
    edited July 2012
    Welcome to Captains Taylor, Mclean, Aevis, Ford, Prinn, and Ghemor to the 26th Fleet! We're really growing!

The 26th has already seen some amazing roleplay! Our characters range in different backgrounds and it's been great seeing how different captains come together (or not).

• brysantheboldbrysanthebold Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    A great group of people. Everyone makes a difference. Plenty of fun even for part time RP'rs. Got some good stuff going and many opportunities to jump right in.

Come join us!
  • chase401chase401 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just wondering if your fleet is looking to fill any specific holes, such as more Engineering or Science background characters, or particular ships types that aren't well represented in your task forces just yet?

I am looking for solid RP guild to join as I return to the game, and I'm very interested in what I've seen here. Problem is this - I have too many alts! =)

I'm quite experienced with RP and STO RP in particular - hence why I'm asking about any holes you'd like to see filled. I'm pretty comfortable RPing in nearly any niche.

Please let me know what you think.
    Rear Admiral Jennifer N. Hunter (@highwire)
    "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" - Eleanor Roosevelt
    edited July 2012
    Hey there!

We've got plenty of room in all departments, but the real question is if you're interested in more ship-based roleplay or starbase roleplay. There are fair bit more opportunities to distinguish a character by serving on our starbase, SB381, because we provide room for each department and for very specific positions--all in-character--at the player's discretion.

Positions in Task Force Avalon are strictly ship command roles. Specialization there comes down to what type of starship you captain.

For specific positions available or to get an idea of what we're looking for, take a look here at the SB381 roster.

I'll catch you in-game if you have anymore questions.
  • silynthirosilynthiro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm really interested in joining and working on my application right now but there was one thing I need to know, is there a minimum level that a character would have to be to join because I would really like to start a fresh character to join the fleet with an RP with him all the way to max level
    edited July 2012
    silynthiro wrote: »
    I'm really interested in joining and working on my application right now but there was one thing I need to know, is there a minimum level that a character would have to be to join because I would really like to start a fresh character to join the fleet with an RP with him all the way to max level

Hey there! Glad to hear you're considering the 26th!

The idea of running a character through the ranks is a good one. You'll want to apply for Starbase 381, though, as the task forces are for characters of command rank. The lowest I'd recommend is Cadet 4th-Year (but only if you have access to the Starfleet Academy uniform as that would be required fleet wear). Otherwise, Ensign is where to be.

That said, going from ensign to captain in-character would take many years. It's possible, with time-skips and like to make that happen, but it's very unlikely. I imagine you could see a character go from ensign to lieutenant in a reasonable real-world time and have it make sense in-character. Just something to keep in mind.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm here to help!
    edited July 2012
    Welcome to Lieutenant JG Praka Berel, Chief Charlie Scott, and Lt Commander Marcus Korr, to the 26th Fleet!

Starbase 381 is growing quickly! We've got a great bunch of characters calling Praetorian home!
    edited July 2012
    Just wanted to chip in and tell everyone that the fleet has been a lot of fun so far. Our Starbase is a really active hub for the fleet, and a group of us had a blast (literally!) last night grinding some Fleet Marks to get the base to Tier 1.

As a suggestion, sometime this evening, the base will flip over to Tier 1, and it might be worth some kind of open house to people who are thinking about joining up, or would like to meet some of us on the Starbase crew!

All the best!
    "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" - Eleanor Roosevelt
  • warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Last couple of days has been a lot of fun. It's nice to be in a fleet with folks who know how to have a good time :D After grinding up our marks last night, we're expecting to hit T1 with the base this week. I'd like to support Chase's suggestion that we have friends and prospects over to celebrate with us!
  • liquidraven26liquidraven26 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If there is an open house I would love to swing by...been tossing around the idea of getting back into rp and a fleet.
  • captzabjudahcaptzabjudah Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hi there,

Really thinking about joining, but not sure how much of a asset I can be I just started playing about a month ago and already made it to Captain(37) and going for Rear Admiral low so I can open up to get another ship Sover/Exeter class. I'm still trying to catch on to all the lingo and acronym but if your group is willing to teach I willing to learn.:D

Capt Zab Judah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    If there is an open house I would love to swing by...been tossing around the idea of getting back into rp and a fleet.

Stay tuned. I think we'll be scheduling a big social event soon.
    edited July 2012
    Hi there,

Really thinking about joining, but not sure how much of a asset I can be I just started playing about a month ago and already made it to Captain(37) and going for Rear Admiral low so I can open up to get another ship Sover/Exeter class. I'm still trying to catch on to all the lingo and acronym but if your group is willing to teach I willing to learn.:D

Capt Zab Judah

Always willing to teach. We have a couple of new STO players in the fleet already, and many of us are returning after being away from the game for different lengths of time.

Definitely give us a look!
    edited July 2012
    The 26th Fleet is proud to welcome Lieutenant JG Jordan Dixon and Commander Taulek to its ranks.

We're still growing every day and roleplay has been fantastic. We're still accepting applications from serious roleplayers who want an immersive experience. Check us out!
    edited August 2012
    Don't forget we just brought Commander 'Bishop' onto the team as well!

Coming up tomorrow - we're starting a series of regular training exercises under out Strategic Operations Officer, Erika Angrisano. There's lots of new, Starbase specific PvE content, and were going to train up to take them on!

Our Starbase is on well established in Tier 1, and we're homing in on Tier 2. The Transwarp Gateway will soon be online, and will open up new RP possibilities.

Interested in learning more? Drop us a line here!
    edited August 2012
    Just as a reminder, we're having battle drills throughout the day today! This might be a great chance to join us for some RP!
    edited August 2012
    Our battle drills were a lot of fun, and prompted some good RP with our grump old Chief Scott! Want to have fun? Show up IC, salute him and call him 'Sir'!

*ahem*

What's on the horizon for the 26th? The KDF is pressing throughout our sector and we're scrambling to protect Federation assets! We need skilled Captains and officers of all types to help turn the tide!

Now that the Foundry is back, we'll also be using it to support our RP!

Our Starbase is getting closer and closer to Tier 2! Tonight we're opening our Transwarp Gateway for business! Join us to commemorate the event!
  • cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The SB381 Transwarp gate is online and functional now.

We're looking to start doing some more public events so if you see us somewhere and want to join in feel free to jump in.
    edited August 2012
    Hi everyone!

The 26th is continuing to rock along!

We've recruited some excellent new roleplayers in the past 2 weeks, and our storylines are proceeding quite nicely. Here's some updates:

1) Missing! The USS Nightfire has gone MIA, and Task Force Avalon is trying to resolve the mystery of its disappearance. Have the Klingons developed a horrific new weapon?

2) The Sea of Sorrows - True Way forces are moving into the Klingon Neutral Zone, and their presences is disrupting both the KDF and Starfleet. The USS North Dakota, abandoned during a battle 3 years ago, has just been recovered by a Starbase 381/Task Force Avalon strike team. Can this ship be repaired in time to defend the nascent starbase from further Klingon attack?

Now is a great time to join the 26th! Our starbase is getting stocked with some great resources that you can only obtain through a Fleet Starbase. Come on over, jump into some great stories, and have fun!

Praka
  • scottfreemanscottfreeman Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hi. Haven't been on STO for a while, but getting back into it, and looking to find an active RP focused fleet. Who should I see about enlisting?
  • dwadsdwaddwadsdwad Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hi. Haven't been on STO for a while, but getting back into it, and looking to find an active RP focused fleet. Who should I see about enlisting?

Fantastic!

Now is a great time to join our ever-expanding fleet! We have taken on some really great people lately and things are constantly on the way up.

We have a simple application process on our webpage 'here'.

Once you have made a username with our website please proceed to click the 'apply to guild' link at the upper right hand of the screen. From there you will need to fill out a very simple, and quick form to let us get to know you and your character a little more before accepting you into the fleet. Once acceptance is made on our site we will contact you within the relevant quadrant and go from there.

I wish you all the best and hope to see you in-game!

Personnel Officer
    Dr. Janos Fuax MD.
  • serevanqserevanq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have to give credit to the 26th. I've been playing in this fleet for two weeks now and loving it. The rp is exactly what I was looking for. All the characters I meet are very well thought out and they act... real. No over-the-top modding.

I wholeheartedly recommend the 26th to any good roleplayers looking for an ongoing, immersive trek experience.
    edited September 2012
    Hi everyone! I just wanted to write today and throw in some brief updates about our plot lines!

1) Starbase Praetorian Status - After fending off multiple KDF attacks, the base has received a new Flag Officer to oversee the development of the base. RADL Jennifer N. Hunter has made an impression among the officers and crew of the 26th Fleet and Praetorian, and has set a new mandate for the small station - reestablish contact with Federation colonies and other allies along the Neutral Zone!

2) Nanite Weapon - Hundreds of members of the 26th remain quarantined as the result of a bio-technical weapon that was used against several ships in a recent battle. While it might have appeared as though the weapon was of Klingon design, investigation by Dr. Nya Savrok and a team of Vulcan researchers has revealed it is anything but Klingon in design. A treatment process is nearing completion, but will it be too risky to implement?

3) The Ebon Wing Syndicate - Ensigns Gray and to-Vensre went undercover to Drozana Station to investigate the origins of the nanite weapon, and discovered agents of a shadowy organization were very protective of their secrets. Captain Norman was on hand to help provide a hasty exit from Drozana and expose a surveillance threat against Praetorian station!

4) The Viper Project - Having taken the Viper prototype to the Saturn Test Range, Lt. Praka misses her comrades back at the station. She knows a lot is riding on her ability to take the Viper heavy fighter prototype through its trials, and she won't let Shadowalker or Chief Scott down!

These are just some of the plots we're running in the 26th Fleet! We have several really cool avenues for you to join the fun:

Starbase Praetorian - Do you like crew RP that reminds you of Deep Space Nine? You might want to consider joining us as a crew member on this vital, Starfleet starbase!

Task Force Avalon - Calling all intrepid Captains and their crews! If you like Captain-style RP, consider joining TFA. This group within the 26th Fleet family is ideal for characters who's RP story is all about commanding their own ship. We have exciting RP missions for you to play, and there's always a reason to stop by Starbase Praetorian for a visit with the station crew!

42nd Tactical Fighter Wing - When you need to blow stuff up, suit up and launch all fighters! The story behind the 42nd basically revolves around protecting Starbase Praetorian and getting into incredible battles and incredible trouble as a group of rough and tumble, ace fighter pilots!

As you can see, we support several different types of RP flavors in the 26th. Interested in learning more? Let us know! We can invite you over to our starbase for an IC or OOC chat, and we'd love to share more about what we do.

All the best!

Praka/Hunter
    Fleet Vice Commander
  • llywarchllywarch Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This needs a bump cause I enjoy this fleet very muchly
  • llywarchllywarch Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    llywarch wrote: »
    This needs a bump cause I enjoy this fleet very muchly

This sentiment still stands.