test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Memory Alpha Crashes

aeonjeanaeonjean Member Posts: 137 Arc User
edited August 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Literally ever time I go to Memory Alpha the game crashes after I beam down and walk past the first arch.

It's like a trip wire is there that I cross and get a crash. It doesn't matter what character I use and it still happens even after running the game repair.

However, after I crash if I reload the game, I seem to be fine as long as I stay away from the beam in point.
Post edited by aeonjean on

Comments

• goedzooigoedzooi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You have this to?
    I thought I was the only one.
    I think it has something to do with the map being to big or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Or a pig)

Sorry if my English is bad.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Still ?

This has been going on a couple weeks now.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • aeonjeanaeonjean Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I noticed it a week or so ago, but I figured it was a random thing. Today's crash prompted a bit of testing. :(
  • geardrivegeardrive Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This crash happened to me last night, 2x. I haven't been to Memory Alpha in months. I had to reload both times.
  • noot00noot00 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This happens to both me and my wife every time we go there as well. We are both using AMD 6850's. I wonder if it's video card related.
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    OMG ... it's not just meeee!

I hadn't gone to MA for 6 months, and had to get rid of a stack of data samples recently.

Happens most times I pass that first arch as you say.
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ditto.............
    Are we there yet?
  • fyrewal84fyrewal84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I just spent like an hour trolling the delta volanis cluster to pick up items to up my R&D skill in MA crafting, but everytime I go to Memory Alpha THE GAME CRASHES!

Also, I have the dumb jumja stick for Kirayoshi O'Brien, but he is no longer on the map. What's up with that?

Any help with the Kirayoshi jumja stick mission would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Fyrewal
    Lifetime STO subscriber
  • husher315husher315 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This just happened to me twice in a row. Annoyed.
  • defbond7defbond7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    fyrewal84 wrote: »
    I just spent like an hour trolling the delta volanis cluster to pick up items to up my R&D skill in MA crafting, but everytime I go to Memory Alpha THE GAME CRASHES!

Also, I have the dumb jumja stick for Kirayoshi O'Brien, but he is no longer on the map. What's up with that?

Any help with the Kirayoshi jumja stick mission would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Fyrewal
    Lifetime STO subscriber

Kirayoshi O'Brien is still there, don't follow the waypoint indicator as it will lead you astray, I remember finding him but can't remember where, try hovering over the NPC icons on the map as I believe that's how I found him
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I've been having a repetitive, but irregular crash to desktop while playing over the past week.

I'm not sure what it is, but my best guess is an issue with patch on demand not working right.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Pretty common for me to crash after arrival on Memory Alpha, too. The cryptic crash reporter pops up, but it goes away before I have a chance to say what happened.
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thewishmaster89thewishmaster89 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Same for me.
  • seanzilla4seanzilla4 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It is happening to me as well. Not every time, but at least once per day. I have double-checked my computer and my internet connection, and I am not finding any problems.
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It's not a video card issue. It happens to me with a nVidia GTX 460.

Happens on all Toons/all Accounts as soon as I enter the Large Room coming from Transporter room
  • aeonjeanaeonjean Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Crashed again today, seems the new patch didn't fix it.
  • shaera7shaera7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yep, every time I run from the beam-down room and I'm crossing the hallway towards the main room it crashes.

First couple times I managed to submit a crash report, but now (possibly since the last patch?) the report window appears briefly and then vanishes.

I go to Memory Alpha a lot right now. It's driving me nuts.
  • quickdraw74quickdraw74 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It crashes on me at Memory Alpha also. I noticed it is in the same spot everytime. In that second corridor leading into the main general R&D area. It only happens once per login. I have even logged out at Memory Alpha and came back and logged in later...I went back to the same spot (running around doing a mission) and it crashed. So it seem to be in one spot for me.....at least on my computer anyways. Not sure if the devs or someone reads these threads, but maybe it will help narrow it down.