test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Riker Maneuver Module doesn't work on Mirror Attack Cruiser if you buy the variant?

joemass39joemass39 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited August 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Just wondering if this is a bug or intentional. I have a mirror attack
cruiser that I re-skinned with the new variant, but it won't accept
the Riker maneuver module. Is this a known issue or intended?
thanks
Quills
Post edited by joemass39 on

Comments

• trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Now are you talking about the Star Cruiser with Assault Cruiser skin or the other way around? I have the Regent, put the Mirror Star Cruiser Skin on it and can use the Riker Maneuver. I heard something about the Assault Cruiser with the Star Cruiser skin might be able to use it, but I haven't tested it since I have no desire for a lvl 40 ship taking up a slot (just keeping it for the skin for a Fleet Star Cruiser in the future).
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm guessing the animation is specifically tied to the nacelles of the assault cruiser models, and making a version of the animation for every nacelle shape in the game would have been too much work. Or more work than the artists had time to put into it.

So it's not the type of ship that matters, but the shape of the ship, and the Mirror Assault Cruiser isn't the right shape.
  • danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Have you tryed hitting the u button?
    I'm so happy :D
  • starboardnacellestarboardnacelle Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think he's referring to the Mirror Star Cruiser, and if he is, he's right. The Metreon Gas Module can't be equipped on it, even though it can use the Regent skin.
  • joemass39joemass39 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Now are you talking about the Star Cruiser with Assault Cruiser skin or the other way around? I have the Regent, put the Mirror Star Cruiser Skin on it and can use the Riker Maneuver. I heard something about the Assault Cruiser with the Star Cruiser skin might be able to use it, but I haven't tested it since I have no desire for a lvl 40 ship taking up a slot (just keeping it for the skin for a Fleet Star Cruiser in the future).

I have the mirror cruiser and I've reskinned it with the regent. That config doesn't seem
    to support the Riker module. Now, you say you put the mirror skin on your regent? How did you do that? I didn't see mirror skin as an option when i was equipping the regent and testing it out. I did see regent variant as an option for the mirror ship.
    Q
  • ga1enga1en Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have the Mirror Attack Cruiser (the one with the Star Cruiser skin) and can confirm that the Metreon Gas Module can not be installed on it.
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Also, if you open a Mirror Universe Star Cruiser Box you'll notice it also says "skin" or "hull" unlocked, you can go to a ship tailor and go to hull material on the Regent or any of its variants and choose Mirror hull type. I'm personally flying the Regent, as a Sovi with the Mirror hull type and then the Maco set which looks damn sexy.

EDIT: I have some screens, but they don't do it justice. The MACO shields add a almost chrome finish to the ship.

EDIT2: I'm holding onto all my Mirror Assault Cruisers I'm getting out of the box and waiting for Star Cruiser fans to realize they can put the Mirror skin on their new Fleet Star Cruisers.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D