Install Arc
Options

Foundry Challenge #4 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    cormacthebluecormactheblue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hi Captains,

With the Foundry currently being disabled, I will be extending the time period for mission creation -- I'll update all threads once the new date is ready to be communicated. :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

There seems to be little to no concern about the foundry being down. Just a note on my support request that says there is no fix date. I, for one, am getting a little ticked about this. If there was an issue that had the fleet bases down for this amount of time, all hell would break loose. Not going to say anything else that I am thinking, I like my account.
  • Options
    woghdwoghd Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I intended to participate in challenge #4, but it looks like I am going to have to spend at least two weeks repairing the missions I already have.

Any ETA on when the editor will be back up?
    [SIGPIC]HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png[/SIGPIC]

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2012
    Hi Captains!

Now that the Foundry editor is back up, I am going to extend the creation period by 4 weeks! Original due date for missions was next Wednesday the 8th, so the new date is September 5th :) I will update the challenge thread linked in the OP with this information.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    That's 3 weeks isn't it? :P
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    meurik wrote: »
    That's 3 weeks isn't it? :P

Whoops! It sure it :) Updated. I was looking at yesterday instead of next Wed.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    rickysmith1rickysmith1 Member Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm stuck at the London - Olympics at the moment, my only access to STO is through McDonalds so other than this post I doubt I'll be on again till I publish my story/mission.

If I do manage to post my entry it will be a few days late, but looking at the entrys and ideas as far I doubt I'll be much of a challenge on this one :P

I hope you all enjoy what I have managed to put together though and when I get back on the 15th your entrys will be the first thing I do when I get home :D

Oh and if I didnt wish it before; good luck everyone.

See ya soon.
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
    Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
    Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
    Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
    Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
  • Options
    elijahthomasstoelijahthomassto Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hi Everyone

It's taken me a while to post in the discussion or the main thread. I wasn't sure that I'd be able to participate due to real-life delays.

Good luck to everyone and I'm looking forward to playing ur missions.
    Foundry Missions by @ElijahThomas

e3e7b26f-fe46-407a-9b30-9b78e5b43584_zps7b329b80.jpg
  • Options
    cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I've been looking forward to throwing my hat in the ring for a few weeks now. With the Foundry finally back up I'm working on my entry as fast as possible. This will be my first published mission and I'm really excited!

Mission Title: Sacrilege
    Your @Handle: ElijahThomas
    Faction: Klingon Defence Force
    Level Requirement: 31+
    Mission Summary:

At the dawn of their race the first klingon, Kortar, and his mate, turned on the gods who created them. Pursuing their quarry to the ends of the heavens they slew them, each and every one. For this crime Kortar was condemned to captain the Barge of the Dead and ferry the souls of the dishonoured to Gre'thor.

All Klingons know this but one question remains unanswered.

If all the gods were slain, then who was left to condemn Kortar to his eternal duty?

Related Canon: "The Barge of the Dead" (VOY); "You are Cordially Invited" (DS9)
    Status: Story Developed; Maps and Costumes Under Construction

Sounds like a good mission
    CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I'm really hoping theres going to be more Trailers and Screenshots to go with peoples entries, makes the build up even greater :D

Atlas Trailer
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
    Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
    Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
    Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
    Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    What's the new deadline?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    What's the new deadline?

The 5th of September I believe
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    @cers001Thanks, I've been toying with the concept for some time. 'Been toying with the Foundry for even longer, figured it was time to actually make something and publish!

• Options
    muarenmuaren Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The main bones are done in my mission- now it's adding the polish which seems to take more time in the long run.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    @cers001Thanks, I've been toying with the concept for some time. 'Been toying with the Foundry for even longer, figured it was time to actually make something and publish!

Always cool to get more people joining, the more people the more fun and variety of missions to play :D
    I like the look of your mission, cool to see someone else going down the road of Mythology to, it will be interesting to see a take on Klingon Mythology as opposed to my Terran... wish I thought of that lol

You going to do a trailer or screenshots?
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • Options
    klintobean81klintobean81 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Now that the Foundry is back up it's getting to be crunch time.

For your viewing pleasure:

The Zypex Revelation Mission Trailer

This weekend is going to be me sitting in front of the computer really busting this baby out!

-Klintobean
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Just tested my mission on holodeck and then took it off.

'Ancient Dreams'

Not sure how people are going to react to this one.

I tried to make it like a classic 'Next Generation' mission focussing on the characters, walking around the ship and beaming down to strange/new places.

Story wise it delves into the El-Aurian storylines that never really got explained in the series/films. You'll have to have been a big fan of TNG and Guinan to pick up the little subtle storylines and dialogue.

Hope you like it and I can't wait to see what others are plannning.
    Might pull out a trailer if I can find the time.
  • Options
    woghdwoghd Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Sorry, I have to withdraw my entry, due to the fact that I am still repairing the missions I already have created. I should be done by the next challenge.
    [SIGPIC]HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png[/SIGPIC]

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    woghd wrote: »
    Sorry, I have to withdraw my entry, due to the fact that I am still repairing the missions I already have created. I should be done by the next challenge.

I look forward to having you back mate, I just hope I can finish the Dialogue, weeks on since I finished it and Im still going back with new ideas on how to deliver the story and content. :rolleyes:

Oh wicked Trailer Klintobean, will have to up the Quality of my next entry to keep up ;)
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    At this moment, it looks like 9 missions will be going into this 4th challenge.

I find this kind of low to tell the truth. Maybe the whole Foundry being offline had something to do with it, but I figured the general storyline would have gotten more people interested.

Well, here's to the nine- can't wait to play through them!
  • Options
    walkerraptorwalkerraptor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm almost done with my entry! Just got to finish the story line and polish up a few things.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Always cool to get more people joining, the more people the more fun and variety of missions to play :D
    I like the look of your mission, cool to see someone else going down the road of Mythology to, it will be interesting to see a take on Klingon Mythology as opposed to my Terran... wish I thought of that lol

You going to do a trailer or screenshots?

It's becoming a bit of a scramble to get it finished, but I am looking forward to playing other peoples' missions. Ever since the Fek'Ihri missions I have wanted to take a closer look at Klingon Mythology, it is a somewhat untapped source I think.

I certainly hope to put together some screenshots, and a trailer is certainly on my to-do list. Unfortunately a trailer might be a little beyond my skills at this point.

• Options
    starkofthenorthstarkofthenorth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, no chance I'll be able to catch up after the Foundry delays and my own downtime after STLV. I'll still complete it but not in time for the challenge deadline.
    Also known as Gingie(In game) Sskald(Gates of Sto-vo-kor)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    It's a shame theres been so many problems and delays, but even if there are entrys not able to make it in time ill play them all the same.
    It takes a lot of time and effort to use Foundry and anyone who can put that into a creation must have something good in mind, the only reason I managed to finish mine in time is because I spent 48 hours doing it straight and popped on via McDonalds-Wifi to do those last touches.

On that note; after three weeks of staring at the monitor, I finally came up with an ending dialogue I like!
    FINALLY! :D
    muaren wrote: »
    At this moment, it looks like 9 missions will be going into this 4th challenge.

I find this kind of low to tell the truth. Maybe the whole Foundry being offline had something to do with it, but I figured the general storyline would have gotten more people interested.

Well, here's to the nine- can't wait to play through them!
    Same here, but at least now we can each take our time and play through these nine, enjoying the little details and make a more decisive vote... or play through them all quickly and go to the gym... naa lol
    I certainly hope to put together some screenshots, and a trailer is certainly on my to-do list. Unfortunately a trailer might be a little beyond my skills at this point.

Myself and others here would be more than happy to talk you through it, thanks to a few on here I already have two decent trailers online, (Big up Klintobean for the help).
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I'm afraid I will have to withdraw my mission from this contest. During testing I've run into some problems in map design and consistency that I won't be able to resolve by the due date.

Thank you so much to everyone who has provided encouragement and advice. The mission will still be completed, but it won't be ready for this contest.

I've been looking forward to throwing my hat in the ring for a few weeks now. With the Foundry finally back up I'm working on my entry as fast as possible. This will be my first published mission and I'm really excited!

Mission Title: Sacrilege
    Your @Handle: ElijahThomas
    Faction: Klingon Defence Force
    Level Requirement: 46+
    Mission Summary:

At the dawn of their race the first klingon, Kortar, and his mate, turned on the gods who created them. Pursuing their quarry to the ends of the heavens they slew them, each and every one. For this crime Kortar was condemned to captain the Barge of the Dead and ferry the souls of the dishonoured to Gre'thor.

All Klingons know this but one question remains unanswered.

If all the gods were slain, then who was left to condemn Kortar to his eternal duty?

Related Canon: "The Barge of the Dead" (VOY); "You are Cordially Invited" (DS9)
    Status: Story Developed; Maps and Costumes Under Construction

• Options
    edited September 2012
    I posted this in the entires thread just now:
    Hi Authors,

As a reminder, the deadline/publish date for your missions is tomorrow, Wednesday September 5th. Please do not publish them until 10AM PDT tomorrow, or, as close as you can get to that time (i.e. if you have to work at 7am PDT tomorrow, publish it before you leave for work, or tonight, or whenever :) Just as late as possible, but by 10am PDT tomorrow.)

Also, please remember that you need to reply to this thread with its information in the format lasted in the OP (this needs to be filled out completely by the due date/ time for your mission to be considered).

Thanks, and good luck! :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The repeated problems with the foundry (several shutdowns, massive lag, bugs) were a bit disheartening. I still have a lot of polishing work to do on my mission, but the maps are completely ready and the mission mechanics are working fine ! Some people here would say as intended.

Anyway, this is really exhausting, since I had to finish this quite old project quickly, but i'll publish it on time tomorrow.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    The repeated problems with the foundry (several shutdowns, massive lag, bugs) were a bit disheartening. I still have a lot of polishing work to do on my mission, but the maps are completely ready and the mission mechanics are working fine ! Some people here would say as intended.

Anyway, this is really exhausting, since I had to finish this quite old project quickly, but i'll publish it on time tomorrow.

I hope that it publishes well for you. After my first publish I had to spend a week dealing with a post-publish bug. My BOs wouldn't beam down with me, and the maps contained many conversations with them. So, I had to redo a bunch of stuff.

I really hope that you guys have better luck than I had.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    kirksplat wrote: »
    I hope that it publishes well for you. After my first publish I had to spend a week dealing with a post-publish bug. My BOs wouldn't beam down with me, and the maps contained many conversations with them. So, I had to redo a bunch of stuff.

I really hope that you guys have better luck than I had.

I'm doing something quite simple, it's story-driven and I skipped a lot of the optional content I intended to put into the mission since time is short. Hopefully the foundry can handle the basic stuff I made, but the tests I ran from the editor show no problem until now.

Well, at least your mission works fine now. :)
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Off to work, but my mission 'Ancient Dreams' is live.

Hopefully there's no bugs...

I can't wait to get home and start playing some real Star Trek missions.
    Thanks to all the published authors in advance for your time, skill, and story-telling.
  • Options
    drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Oh so exciting! Terrors of the Past is now live! Can't wait to see what everyone thinks about it. Been slaving over it for weeks now. :) Good luck to everyone out there!
    f3wrLS.jpg