test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Friday Screenshot Available

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited August 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We've added a new screenshot to the screenshot gallery. This concept art is of a Romulan Colony that is planned to be introduced in Season 7.

Link to the gallery.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Tell me... Romulan faction or Romulan lock boxes? Do you get a picture of this screenshot to hang in your ready room from the boxes or do you get to visit it in the RSE faction? :confused:
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    voporak wrote: »
    Tell me... Romulan faction or Romulan lock boxes? Do you get a picture of this screenshot to hang in your ready room from the boxes or do you get to visit it in the RSE faction? :confused:

I think it would surprise us all, if Season 7 was the Romulan faction update :D

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • gamerjoshgamerjosh Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ferdzso0 wrote: »

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I wouldn't be surprised.
    Belief manifests reality
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ferdzso0 wrote: »
    gamerjosh wrote: »
    THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I wouldn't be surprised.

I would be completely surprised because it wouldn't make sense, the Season is suppose to be out this year, there has been no lead up or hints at it at all. Its not going to be a Romulan faction, don't even get your hopes up

A Tholian in a EV suit over looking a Romulan Colony, could mean anything. It is just Concept art showing a location that will show up in Season 7.

Props to who ever drew this Branflakes, it is beautiful
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    lovely concept art. i love romulan architecture and would love to see a big zone for them.

sounds like we might be having a whole romulan/tholian/perhaps iconian thing going on?
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Watching the STLV STO Panel video, this image kept appearing on the screen. It could be from that colony.

S7_20Man_Ground_01.jpg

Look at the image name, S7 20 Man Ground
  • j4ck5p4rr0wj4ck5p4rr0w Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Considering the fact that they cant even finish the KDF faction, there is no way S7 is a Romulan faction. But the chances of a Romulan lockbox are almost certain ;)
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Now the devs are trolling us. Epic. :D

Don't hope for a Romulan faction. It will probably be a Nukara-like place involving the Romulans. It's a nice screenshot though. I'm eagerly waiting to see what it will be.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2012
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    Watching the STLV STO Panel video, this image kept appearing on the screen. It could be from that colony.

S7_20Man_Ground_01.jpg

Look at the image name, S7 20 Man Ground

That image is from the Romulan Mining Camp that you guys have already visited. That's an updated (later) version of it that I think is part of S7.

The concept is something I'm working on now, but keep in mind, that concept is mostly for mood, lighting, and overall ideas, the actual map is not laid out like that at all.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    My money is that season 7 is Romulan heavy but does not have them as a playable faction. HOWEVER, the assests used/created in Season 7 will be used in a later season for then they are playable.

Cryptic needs to move the STO story along so a playable faction makes sense. I think that is why season 7 will be "Story heavy".
  • jnohdjnohd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Considering the fact that they cant even finish the KDF faction, there is no way S7 is a Romulan faction. But the chances of a Romulan lockbox are almost certain ;)

^THIS.

Red Romulans, or no Romulans. Cryptic can't even support 2 factions, what makes you think you will ever see 3?
    Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
    ALL HOLDINGS FINISHED! - Starbase 5-5-5-5 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
    A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
    Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
  • starfleetfcstarfleetfc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The Romulan Colony is from "Mine Enemy". We will be seeing it again I believe...
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    jnohd wrote: »
    ^THIS.

Red Romulans, or no Romulans. Cryptic can't even support 2 factions, what makes you think you will ever see 3?

Why are you telling that? The only problem of the KDF is the lack of story content. The rest is working pretty well, and it's even more developped than the Fed side. More dailies, more work has been done on the homeworld, there are ships ready, etc. Just a few episodes to release. That's all, and you have a complete faction, nothing else is needed. They just don't release ships because it's not as profitable as releasing ships for Starfleet, but I assume they are aware of the fact that if the player is allowed to start at level 1, it would be profitable after several months. I guess they wouldn't make the same mistake two time with a 3rd faction.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »
    That image is from the Romulan Mining Camp that you guys have already visited. That's an updated (later) version of it that I think is part of S7.

The concept is something I'm working on now, but keep in mind, that concept is mostly for mood, lighting, and overall ideas, the actual map is not laid out like that at all.

I like the lighting.

Is that a preset that's open in the Foundry? I don't recognize it if so. (I would like more lighting schemes or ability to customize them on the ground.)

I'll tell you one thing: I've loved each lighting scheme more than the last. There is a palpable sense here and in C-Store designs (costumes and ships) that you guys are constantly mastering your own tools better and better. I know there's been turnover but I get a real sense that you guys are constantly coming into your own more and more.

I'm a nut for lighting (probably my theatre background). It's probably one thing I agonize over the most in my Foundry missions even with limited options available and the more high quality maps we get in the Foundry, the more I find myself using the maps you give us largely unmodified, with more emphasis placed on scenarios and lighting.

I've built some of what the Foundry community refers to as Ziggurats. One of my prime examples was from "Final Judgment." I have a preview of an old Work in Progress draft here:

http://youtu.be/KifNy_11SJE

But the more great maps you give me, well... I foresee a point very soon when I won't do much of these and can focus more on lighting and (fingers crossed) pathing and cutscenes.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I would be a litte surprised if a Romulan faction came out with S7. But my guess is they're using this as an excuse to slip in more elements a Romulan faction could use when they get around to it.

My guess, we won't see a Romulan faction until S10 or later. S7 adds in more Romulan-centric areas, S8 goes into PvP fixes with some stealth additions to support three-faction PvP, and S9 sees a crafting revamp, all of which sets up the springboard for the Romulan launch.
  • xenor002xenor002 Member Posts: 424
    edited August 2012
    I loved it when you guys showed this at the STLV con.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
    Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm mostly KDF player but TBH this is how I see the state of the game when ppl talking about content or what needs content. KDF drew me in well over 1.5 years ago now for one being I loved Klingon lore the other is it was so much easier to get emblems and data samples.

The thing with the federation is they don't even have anything like Pi Canis for dilithium or Empire Defenses it seems. If they evened it out where there was decent dilithium for time like Pi Canis does or even putting in dilithium for Fleet Events that would be fine but also an unfolding story so this isn't always 2409.

It can be done its just a matter of getting it all planned it seems the plans never make it out of the barn door from the podcasts i've listened too something that isn't much in the benefit of the player when it comes to story is usually overruled for something like a new c-store ship or lockbox rather than to enriching the game with story.
  • argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

...and nobody bothered mentioning it was a localized issue until today
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    We've added a new screenshot to the screenshot gallery. This concept art is of a Romulan Colony that is planned to be introduced in Season 7.

Link to the gallery.

1920x1080 please!
    this is WALLPAPER material
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2012
    zerobang wrote: »
    1920x1080 please!
    this is WALLPAPER material

Here you go :)1920x1080

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »

I like the pic by the way it is good and i think you did a good job :)
    I'm so happy :D
  • starfleetnq1starfleetnq1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Big TNX. . .
  • danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Big TNX. . .
    What was that for then?
    I'm so happy :D
  • starfleetnq1starfleetnq1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    What was that for then?

lool,i just want to thank to pwebranflakes for his efforts,and sharing this with us. . .
  • darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

You would think all the pictures on the site would be available in 1920x1080 so people could make them into wallpapers.
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

"Error 400: Bad request"

Got anything NOT hosted by the perfectworld CDN?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Like the Tholian in it's Environmental Suit in the left foreground...
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Amazing artwork. Really feeling the Romulan Senate buildings vibe.

I would be very impressed to see STO take on landscapes of that magnitude (even if largely inaccessible). Bajor gave us a great hint at what could come.

"Error 400: Bad request"

Got anything NOT hosted by the perfectworld CDN?

You need to clear your browser cache and any other source of browser held site data. This is a very consistent and serious failing of the Perfect World web service.

If you fail to clear your cache regularly, you'll find that the images on the blogs start failing. Then the webpage formatting will bug out gradually, until the site becomes non-navigable.

Clearing the cache sorts this out - for another few hundred page refreshes.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

WHOA :D Okay yeah thats just teasing me now :P I love romulans just as much as I do the Klingons :)
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Love the concept art, and looking forward to some more areas to explore. Don't forget to add more 'stuff' to the existing areas also - SFA & Bajor ... Pelia Sector
This discussion has been closed.