test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Assault Cruiser Refit Available

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited September 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
The brand-new Federation Assault Cruiser Refit: Regent Class is now available in the C-Store. Check out this Blog to read more about it.

Link to the C-Store.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• starfleetfcstarfleetfc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Is it worth it, that is the question!
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Any one has the numbers of the quantum torp?

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Skip. Typhoon Plox
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    the ship has 9 consoles, is basically just a new skin, has a console that is yet another recolor of EWP... that is targetable after you are done ejecting it? and the 1 torp you get with it basically guaranties that all other torps arent ever getting a firing arc boost.

looks like a 2000 zen ship to me, like the excelsior, nebula, intrepid, etc. i don't see the same value here that you get with the MVAM, armatige, odyssey, etc.
  • mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Is it worth it, that is the question!

No, the true question is...

Will It Blend? :P
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
    edited August 2012
    the ship has 9 consoles, is basically just a new skin, has a console that is yet another recolor of EWP... that is targetable after you are done ejecting it? and the 1 torp you get with it basically guaranties that all other torps arent ever getting a firing arc boost.

looks like a 2000 zen ship to me, like the excelsior, nebula, intrepid, etc. i don't see the same value here that you get with the MVAM, armatige, odyssey, etc.

And the torpedo is MK VIII or even MK IX
    I am going to provide screenshots later, but cryptic, I was waiting for the Sove Rift from day one, thank you for dissapoint me again. And like I said before, you are not going to scam me on this one.

2500 Zen for a ugly re skin of the Excelsior is not worth it.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • blastenblaster1blastenblaster1 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Seems like 1 instance where a Klingon ship would've been better and more worth the effort. I definitely can say what your getting for the price is not worth spending 25 dollars or losing D-ore to the exchange. You guys were much better off using the fleet ships as a way for people to get the sovereign refit and then making this a skin with no console. Like in the old days with the Imperial class.

IMO the biggest fail with the ship, other then price, is that it look like a (naughty word) child to the Odyssey. The Odysesey class is a beautiful ship don't ruin that beauty by makin other ship " mini me's" of it.

Just give us the Venture skin to use on Nebula class/Advanced Research Science Vessel alread.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Bought it, tested it and... I'm already considering going back to either Odyssey or Excelsior...

1st, the ship is ugly. And I mean, really ugly. Flat and unimaginative. Also, its parts don't fit well with other Assault Cruiser variants. And the only costume I would use - the Imperial - is nowhere to be seen (i.e. I didn't buy it before it was removed from the C-Store). You don't want my money Cryptic? Well, that's new... Because I would gladly pay for the Imperial without having to wait for a Tier 5 Shipyard Fleet Assault Cruiser Refit which is coming "soon(tm)".

2nd, the torpedo is nice for beam boats, but its DPS is quite low compared to other launchers.

3rd, the "Riker Maneuver" is basically yet another EWP that has to be ignited. Pitty its damage is barely noticeable, especially in STFs.

4th, I may be wrong, but even though I had 125 shield power, I was sure my shields were not regenerating at all, aside from my own abilities, such as ST or EPtS. Bug, or just a sign of how bad the ship is compared to Odyssey? I mean, the stats are so meh it's not even funny for a 25$ ship. The Excelsior is just 20$ and it has both better turn-rate and integrated Transwarps, without sacrificing a thing.
    PyKDqad.jpg
    edited August 2012
    They have an opportunity here to sell one of the most iconic ship in the hole Saga.

But they TRIBBLE it:
    • The ship does not even looks like a Sove
    • Is just a Excelsior Re skin, or even worst, because the 100 years old ship has more turn rate.
    • The torpedo or the console are not even worth it.

Well-done Cryptic, you eat the chicken of the golden eggs.

And all this beacose you guys dont let us test the ship on tribble anymore.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    edited August 2012
    Sorry for double post, but here is a screenshot of the torpedo with a MK XI very rare next to it:
    http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/cerritouru/torpedos.png

With any luck, the new torp is MK X.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • blastenblaster1blastenblaster1 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    And all this beacose you guys dont let us test the ship on tribble anymore.

I completely 4got they did that
    edited August 2012
    I completely 4got they did that

Their loss, I know for a fact that 3 of me fleet mates were waiting for this one, but they are not going to buy it.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    (/sarcasim on) Well I am glad all the questions about the ship were answered before it was put up for sale and I am glad we got to put it through its paces on Tribble(/sarcasim off). I do understand why Cryptic is not putting these ships up for testing by the community, because many of them would then probably not sell if no tweaking ws done. They seem to be following the "buy it first and find out for yourself" paradigm.

I feel bad for those of you that did purchase it only to find out for yourselves the stats did not give it the $25 value placed on it. But I really do appreciate you telling the rest of us.

I still think the ship does look nice but the follow through with the stats and console abilities seems to have fallen through again. I will however, reserve my final judgement until A) we can test it on Tribble (even if I have to buy it there with Zen transferred from Holodeck) or B) someone I know has purchased it and given it a good shakedown. Off the bat the turn rate, the silence about the torp launcher, and the silence about the special ability concern me.
  • chequepleasechequeplease Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The stats on the regent are pretty much the same as the first version of the sovereign. There's really no point in this ship. You're basically paying $25 for two consoles.

I'll stick to what I got already thanks.
    The Artist formerly known as Paddoxx
    edited August 2012
    Sorry for double post, but here is a screenshot of the torpedo with a MK XI very rare next to it:
    http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/cerritouru/torpedos.png

With any luck, the new torp is MK X.

Well at least it looks to be leveless, how does it compare to a MK XI or mK XII very rare though? I am curious to see the damage loss.
    edited August 2012
    Well at least it looks to be leveless, how does it compare to a MK XI or mK XII very rare though? I am curious to see the damage loss.

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/cerritouru/torpedos2.png

PS: I didnt buy the ship, but ppl post the torp on the chat.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Wish i did not buy this ship now.

The Torp is very underpowered and not worth using at VA level.
    The Plasma console is basically a free Boff skill.

The Skin? Ugly, the other parts do not fit properly when you try to customise it.
    The skin of the ship itself is horrible, especially from the back, what is with this pencil hull? it is too long and thin.

Waste of money, skip this one or sinply buy the Oddy.
    edited August 2012
    Well, the torp is pretty much the only redeeming thing about this ship. It's underpowered, but for a good reason. Personally I mounted it on the aft weapon slot of my Odyssey (yeah, I already switched back to my old ship), which I fly as a beam array boat. This torp allows me to deal some constant kinetic damage without having to turn every few seconds.

As for the rest, I already said it's not worth it. If you're not interested in the torpedo - don't buy the ship. Show Cryptic that they've got to do better than this if they want to encourage players to buy their stuff. This ship is simply overpriced for what you're getting. And if you really want that Lt.Cmdr. Tac slot - get a superior Odyssey or the Excelsior instead. This one here is really just an ugly skin, a useless console and a new torpedo for 25$.
    PyKDqad.jpg
    edited August 2012
    suaveks wrote: »
    This one here is really just an ugly skin, a useless console and a new torpedo for 25$.

And the worst thing to me, is not the fact that this is a simple scam.. to me is that this was the Sovereign! The Enterprise E rift! I am sure that this is the favorite ship of MANY of the player base!!
    And still, a 200 years old is better than a 2409 ship.

What a disappointment..

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    edited August 2012
    And the worst thing to me, is not the fact that this is a simple scam.. to me is that this was the Sovereign!
    Well, to be honest... Personally I consider Sovereign to be ugly as well. ;> But that's just my opinion and perhaps that's why I don't like the Regent. I was really looking forward to using the Imperial Costume (the only Assault Cruiser skin I find good), but silly Cryptic don't seem to want my money and they removed all ship costumes from the C-Store, just to put them as Fleet variants.

So yeah, charge more for an underwhelming ship, but remove something that certain players would be eager to purchase, if only not to wait a year or more for a Tier 5 Shipyard... Brilliant business plan there Cryptic...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ship prices are gouging......quality needs to be improved, I have been predicting the future with my crystal ball......I told you so......I am sorry to have to say it again cryptic :(

I keep saying this, but you really need a home run with this ship, in the majors, so why do you bring out the t-ball pole to hit the ball off of?......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm really in love with the Regent, and not soley because she was mostly taken from my DTNE entry. ;)

She is a very good ship. Tried her in PvE and in the Elite STFs and she stood her ground. Even took her into PvP (Havn't PvPed in STO for over 9 months now) and well, she lasted longer than I expect. PvP has changed significantly since all these console abilities been added, and well lets just say I think I'll stay in PvP retirement. :rolleyes:

Now of course I ran into some flaws with the Regent as well. First off, the Fleet Emblem does not show, but you can see the placeholder. And if you try to customize, well lets just say the older varients don't mesh very well with the new ship.

I wanted to make the Regent more like my DTNE entry in using the Sovereign Pylons and Warp Nacelles, well basically she was too far stretched to my liking, so I'll be running with the default Regent skin. ;)

The Quantum Turret Launcher, I'm in love with. She's great for Broadsides.

The Riker Manuver console (funny its listed differently in the tool tray), well it's fun, but the damage is rather underwhelming.

All in all, I give her high marks for a ship. Though I feel she should've game with the canonical Sovereign Bridge. ;)
    edited August 2012
    http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/cerritouru/torpedos2.png

PS: I didnt buy the ship, but ppl post the torp on the chat.

Thanks again!! I am pretty sure now I will not be buying this ship. I will just stick to "Crazy Ivans" in my Oddy for pesky attackers. I already use the Oddy as a jouster so no real benefit to me for a 180' targeting arc with that much of a damage loss. Can you only equip one per ship?

Anyone who bought this does the Metreon Gas at least spawn from the fore portion of the nacelles like it is supposed to or does it stream out the back like EWP and VTR? Since we have heard nothing but silence about our more specific questions, what is the damage like? Does the gas explode if an enemy fires through it or does an enemy actially have to target it and "blow it up" to take damage? What is the damage like? Any DOTs? Anything?

P.S. as for a 180 degree torpedo launcher, I have yet to see one in any Stark Trek on screen production. I think it would have been much better to make it a "rapid fire" - lower the cooldown or something else.
  • tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    this ships middle part is too long and too thin, looks so ugly. wont buy it. when will we ever see a cryptic ship thats actually looking like something from star trek? they are all ugly.. the torpedo is a bad joke, the console too.i pay 25$ for a whole game thats average but not for ONLY ONE ship that doesnt even look good. what is wrong with you guys at cryptic???
    What ? Calaway.
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I bought it mostly for the torpedo and because I'm a ship collector.

I'm not a fan of the secondary hull but the saucer, pylons and nacelles are ok by me.
  • zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I guess I'll decent and say I like the Regent.

The torp is great for broadsides. Though I moved mine to the rear and put a higher damage purple mark XI quantum up front. It'd be more fun it you could equip two per ship, but I can understand why they limit it to one.

The metron gas console isn't a complete reskin of EWP. There's a little bit of animation on the nacelle's Bussard collector. And yes, while the ejected metron gas has the same properties as regular ejected warp plasma, after 10 seconds the console's icon changes and if you activate it your ship fires a phaser igniting it can causing decent damage to any ship caught in the gas.

And I do like the new skin. Unfortunately most of it doesn't kitbash well with the other costume options. If you want a slightly more classic styled Regent the base Sovy pylons do mesh well, but visually makes the ship too elongated for my tastes. So for now I'm flying around in the base skin.

Personally as someone who was dying to fly a Sovereign with the Excelsior's boff layout I'm very, very satisfied with my purchase. Everything else was just icing on the delicious Sovereign cake. So if you'll excuse me I'm going back to the game so I can resume flying around space with a ear-to-ear smile.
  • thorodalthorodal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Like the ship, do have one issue though: The bridge seems to be buggy. Although I adjusted it to "Eaves - Large" at the designer, I always enter the "Standard - Medium"-setting once I want to visit my bridge. The latter also seems to have some clipping errors, as the door to my ready room is a bit too high, and the platform the captain's chair should stand on is missing.
  • galr25galr25 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Was planning on buying this no questions asked when I saw it was to be released, but since I read the stats for it yesterday I have just been growing more and more disappointed really and put off totally now. I Love the Sovy its the most beautiful ship in star trek. The original in game ship is abit understated but thats fine as its a free ship, but really for a refit I expected abit more than what the stats have shown and from reading this thread what people are saying from experience it has. How long do we need to wait for the c-store retrofit sovy with better stats and an extra console and also a better boff layout instead of "oh we've given you a universal instead of science" that is clearly on 9/10 regents going to be used a science. should of made a ltcom universal, then you can tac build or science build or stick with engineering build. Been waiting and excited for this just to be disappointed really, still the VA excelsior is the best cruiser yet its ainciet in terms of how far starfleet has meant to of come since TOS. However rant over , don't think it will make a difference either. One more thing though a tip to cryptic why not use player focus groups by doing live video blogs or just the testing on tribble. Oh and KDF!
  • retunred4goodretunred4good Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    People are complaining about the torps being underpowered, but I guarantee you that if it were on par damage-wise with other quantums with that firing arc people would be whining and crying about it being op.
    -It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain.
  • tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    People are complaining about the torps being underpowered, but I guarantee you that if it were on par damage-wise with other quantums with that firing arc people would be whining and crying about it being op.

oh, it wouldnt be much of a difference. this whole game turned to be out to be P2W. I only barely remember the time when almost 100% of the ships were for free (can you even imagine?)
    What ? Calaway.