test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TV show weapons I like to See in STO.

ltsmithltsmith Member Posts: 207 Arc User
There have been a lot of weapons in the Star Trek TV shows that I think would make a great addition to STO.

Cardassian disruptor rifle
http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/5/58/Cardassian_disruptor_rifle%2C_The_homecoming.jpg

Cardassian phaser pistol
Cannot find a link on Memory Alpha...

Starfleet phase pistol
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Phase_pistol

Starfleet type 3 phaser rifle
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Type_3_phaser

Starfleet phase compression rifle
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Phase_compression_rifle

These are just a list of ground weapons, not necessarily for a ground set just weapons I would like to see added to STO feel free to post other weapons you would like to see in STO.
Post edited by ltsmith on

Comments

• Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    *AHEM*

TNG Weapons.

As you were.
  • Options
    defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The Varon-T disruptor is a hand-held directed-energy weapon banned in the Federation due to its vicious nature: the disruptor literally tears the body apart from the inside out, resulting in a relatively slow and excruciating death. Only five were ever produced; four of them were owned by Zibalian trader Kivas Fajo and he slept with one of them under his pillow. Fajo used a Varon-T disruptor to kill Varria when she and Data attempted to escape his ship. (TNG: "The Most Toys")
    http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Varon-T_disruptor
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • Options
    ltsmithltsmith Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The Varon T Disruptor would be nice to have, but it would probably just stick to KDF players because it would still most likely be banned by the Federation.
  • Options
    rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited August 2012
    *AHEM*

TNG Weapons.

As you were.

Oh god yes
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • Options
    cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited August 2012
    I always wondered why the Phase Compression Rifle was never put into the game. I mean, it's only THE weapon that was used throughout all of Voyager without exception.
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    praghaspraghas Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'd just like the end game weapons to look less plastic, less nerf-gun like and look more realistic.
    Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.
  • Options
    tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I would like the Bayonet fitted on the Honor Guard rifle to be the melee attack. Seems stupid to rifle but someone when you have a blade on the front of your weapon.

Also I would like a Bayonet as above fitted on the Jem'Hadar rifle like on the show.
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    praghas wrote: »
    I'd just like the end game weapons to look less plastic, less nerf-gun like and look more realistic.

What, is your meter long super soaker of doom not enough for you? :P
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I would like to see player Mek'leths. NPCs got them, so we should as well. ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    You're asking for fictional weapons in a fictional series set in the fictional future to look more realistic?
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Mek'Leths were in Season 5 Beta but they were buggy as hell using the Bat'Leth moves. I want them as well.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    cusashorn wrote: »
    You're asking for fictional weapons in a fictional series set in the fictional future to look more realistic?

It's called The Willing Suspension of Disbelief, look it up.
  • Options
    beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    praghas wrote: »

As part of this, seriously tone down the "shiny" effect.
    edited August 2012
    Getting rid of all the holocrap on them would be a very first good step.
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Even if it's the 25th century you're not going to want to walk into a combat situation wearing big glowey weapons and armor that scream "Here I am, Shoot this way", so yes a bit more realism as in credibility would be nice. A weapon can be made to look Bada... without it looking like you got it from ToysRus.
    I don't think even Klingons would use a Veran-T disrupter unless it were to execute convicted criminals, but I doubt you'd see it under any circumstances, the victim takes a long time to die screaming in agony, that is just too disturbing to be included in a game of this kind.
    We're never going to see weapons that blow people apart, set them on fire, decapitate them or leave them gushing blood.
    I'd like the transport sniper rifle that can shoot through walls seen in one of the DS9 episodes.
    I like the Mark 2 Phaser, it's very tidy weapon, no dead bodies left laying around after you're done shooting them.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    cusashorn wrote: »
    I always wondered why the Phase Compression Rifle was never put into the game. I mean, it's only THE weapon that was used throughout all of Voyager without exception.

Without exception...except all those episodes from season 3 and onward where they suddenly and unexplicably began to use the First Contact Rifles you mean?;)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-N2_ZOFkJbmw/TjGja0cDkyI/AAAAAAAAMSk/LF7JIWtVLqM/s1600/macrocosm.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Without exception...except all those episodes from season 3 and onward where they suddenly and unexplicably began to use the First Contact Rifles you mean?;)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-N2_ZOFkJbmw/TjGja0cDkyI/AAAAAAAAMSk/LF7JIWtVLqM/s1600/macrocosm.jpg

I've seen them using the Phase Compression Rifle well into Season 7. Hell, it's mentioned on the page that the Equinox crew used them.

It's called The Willing Suspension of Disbelief, look it up.

I'm one of the few who updates the STO page on TV tropes whenever there's something worth updating it with. I'm well familiar with WSoD, thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Officers Swords
    readily available (buyable) type 1 and type 2 phasers and TOS phaser rifles
    TOS laser pistol (as a mk XX purple weapon doing a million damage to Borg and people in pink uniforms)
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    glykenglyken Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2012
  • Options
    warrenhammandwarrenhammand Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The Ushaan-Tor.
  • Options
    maarkeanmaarkean Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yes I really want the phasers used in TNG and DS9. The ones we have in game look so stupid with that blue BS on them. The Mk I phasers look okay but then they're mark I. I want Mk XII, or at least leveless, that looks the ones from that time period.

Hopefully they'll have a TNG pack which will include those phasers along with the Galaxy interior. I want that to be my engineering.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I always thought that the weapons the Hirogen use in "Flesh and Blood" part 1 & 2 would make a good design for a Tetryon Pulsewave Rifle.

Big, shiny, big, chromed out and curvy, and big. They even already have a general shotgun-like appearance as is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lirvaevoli07lirvaevoli07 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Sorry n00b question. In the process of downloading this game. Can you buy different weapons in this game?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Yes, there are over ten different weapon types like pistols, sniper rifles, assault rifles, miniguns, and such, as well as six. different energy types. Phasers, Disruptors, Tetryon, Polaron, Plasma, Antiproton. Each energy type has a chance of affecting enemies in a different way.

As far as buying weapons from run of the mill npcs, the most you ever find are just phasers and disruptors. The other types will drop as loot for the most part, and they aren't terribly hard to come by.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I always wanted to see more of this Magus III rifle that Guinan used in one episode:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Magus_III
  • Options
    praghaspraghas Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I want Sulu's "lightsaber" pop up sword from the newest movie....
    Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.
  • Options
    reallydumbpwereallydumbpwe Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ltsmith wrote: »
    The Varon T Disruptor would be nice to have, but it would probably just stick to KDF players because it would still most likely be banned by the Federation.

So were cloaks, but it seems I've seen quite a few of those around... :P
  • Options
    macricanmacrican Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'd love to see the compression phaser rifle as a usable weapon in game. That and the Wrath of Khan Phaser. Until then I'll keep using my TOS phaser 2 as found in Night of the Comet. seriously, that phaser is awesome and my character's main weapon.

and for pity's sake get all the blue holgraphic stuff out of the game. the only reason I have any of those on my crew is because I got them from Roxy and wasn't aware they had the darn stuff on them. grr.