test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency powers

exal7exal7 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
edited August 2012 in PvP Gameplay
Emergency power to shields is probably a too delicate skill to be changed in any way. The other emergency powers are quite underwhelming in the other bonuses they grant - besides the subsystem power level boost - compared to EPtS. In my opinion all the bonuses should be up as long as the skill is active, just like the shield resistance bonus is in EPtS.

What bonuses would you like to see the other emergency power to subsystem skills have?

EPtW - extend the all energy damage bonus to 30sec and perhaps adjust it accordingly
EPtS - +defence that could scale between levels from, for example, 3% to 7%
EPtA - well it has the coolest special effect that last for the whole duration!
Post edited by exal7 on

Comments

• dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    exal7 wrote: »
    Emergency power to shields is probably a too delicate skill to be changed in any way. The other emergency powers are quite underwhelming in the other bonuses they grant - besides the subsystem power level boost - compared to EPtS. In my opinion all the bonuses should be up as long as the skill is active, just like the shield resistance bonus is in EPtS.

What bonuses would you like to see the other emergency power to subsystem skills have?

EPtW - extend the all energy damage bonus to 30sec and perhaps adjust it accordingly
    EPtS - +defence that could scale between levels from, for example, 3% to 7%
    EPtA - well it has the coolest special effect that last for the whole duration!

yep, been saying this for a LOOOOOONG time. for EPtW especially
  • dassemstodassemsto Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Just buffing the special effects of the other EPto to the same duration as EPtoS (30 sec) would go a long way.
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I personally like EPtE for escape situations. The problem is, I only have so much room to work with, and it interferes with EPtS, which can be fatal.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    EpTS = as it is
    EpTE = flat turn rate/speed boost (no stupid percentages)
    EpTW = i would prefer if it worked like nadion inversion instead increasing dmg, but dmg buff could work as well
    EpTA = boost to resists (sensors/insulators/dampeners), stealth detectiin and stealth, or/and accuracy

For whole duration of course.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • teleon22teleon22 Member Posts: 424
    edited August 2012
    dalnar83 wrote: »
    EpTS = as it is
    EpTW = i would prefer if it worked like nadion inversion instead increasing dmg, but dmg buff could work as well
    EpTA = boost to resists (sensors/insulators/dampeners), stealth detectiin and stealth, or/and accuracy

For whole duration of course.

Win!!! I vote these changes! :cool:
  • marctraiderzmarctraiderz Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Until now EptW has been only useful for 'sploiting' the weapon cap issue observed mainly with beams. But if its worth even with that? :(
  • exal7exal7 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    dalnar83 wrote: »

I thought about this too, but it kind of conflicts with auxiliary to inertial dampeners -skill.
    What if EPtA would grant the flat turn rate boost, like the tooltip falsely advertises the auxiliary power level does?
  • dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    exal7 wrote: »
    I thought about this too, but it kind of conflicts with auxiliary to inertial dampeners -skill.
    What if EPtA would grant the flat turn rate boost, like the tooltip falsely advertises the auxiliary power level does?

Aux power used to increase turn rate in early STO, they just lazy to fix tooltip. Now the engine power that does.

And it would not conflict at all. It would actually complement each other and allow cruisers to actually turn.

Even slight +1 to base turn rate is powerful.

EptE I = +1 base turn/+2speed
    EptE II = +2 base turn/+3speed
    EptE III = +3 base turn/+5speed

And voila, you now have nice lt.cmd power with huge opportunity cost. But it would allow cruisers to turn much better.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Until now EptW has been only useful for 'sploiting' the weapon cap issue observed mainly with beams. But if its worth even with that? :(

Yes it's worth it for that. It's the only way to run 8 beams at once without losing DPS.