test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Team Chat

emperorandyemperorandy Member Posts: 102 Arc User
edited August 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Team chat seems bugged since s6 went live. My messages will not post to the chat. Almost always requires me to switch from Team channel to some other channel and back again to "reset" it and make it work.

Also, last night, I was in a Fleet Alert and started receiving team chat messages from people who were in a previous hand-made team for a different event. Two of them were using team chat on Nukara while I was in fleet alert and I could see parts of their conversation.

Apologies if this was posted already. I looked and did not see anything, but team chat bug is pretty well-known in my fleets so I am not the only one experiencing this problem.

Thanks!
Post edited by emperorandy on

Comments

• Options
    foorgedfoorged Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Same issue. It sometimes works, sometimes it dont.

Annoying in mid battle to find out that Team chat isnt working.

Work around is, type something in for instance Zone chat and then switch back to Team. It is back when you do your next battle.
  • Options
    omniusexoromniusexor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This bug is around for an aeon! Everytime you left and rejoin a team the chat forgets that you are in the team channel!

Seems it will never be fixed!

I use this workaorund, you can bind it to a key of your choice, it switches the active chat to local and then back to team:
    channel_setcurrent Local $$ channel_setcurrent Team $$ TEAM Hi!

Ingame you can bind it as follow:
    /bind F6 "channel_setcurrent Local $$ channel_setcurrent Team $$ TEAM Hi!"

yust use this key evertime you join a team and after zoning
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Looks useful will test after the patch. Thx!
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I submitted a ticket about that a while back, the response I got from the CS was that it was a known issue and that they are "working" to correct it. Considering it's been around since forever, I really doubt they are working to fix it.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Did the same thing and the answer was, post in chat and hope STO tech support will pick it up :rolleyes:

I also have an issue with my key binds so I hope the solution posted in this topic will help... Also made a ticket for that, solution re-install the game etc. Didn't help much unfortunately.