test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Your top-10 favorite (non-STO) video games?

azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Ten Forward
(in no particular order)

Fallout 3
I have seldom played a game so immersive, so enthralling as Fallout 3. The ruins of DC serve as a chilling but recognizable vast setting for countless hours of exploration, battle, and puzzle solving. This game offers you a virtual life to build for yourself among the mutants and robots left wandering the Capital Wateland. Truly one of the best games I have ever played.

NASCAR Racing 2003 Season
The best racing simulation game I have ever played. NASCAR Racing 2003 Season is regarded among race sim fans as a pinnacle achievement from it's producer Papyrus. Unfortunately, after the release of the game, NASCAR signed an exclusivity contract with Electronic Arts, which killed Papyrus' most successful franchize, driving them out of business. The physics engine from this game later went on to be the base of the successful driving simulator "iRacing".

Wonder Boy in Monster Land
Growing up, I was that one kid who didn't have an NES, but rather had a Sega Master System. I may have missed out on Mega Man and Mario, but I had Wonder Boy. Wonder Boy in Monster Land was the second release in the franchise, and was an endless source of hidden secrets, interesting enemies, cool magic spells and upgrades, and genuinely fun, challenging play.

Mario Kart 64
One of my favorite classics from the N64, this game is all about competition. The system of speed compensation and bonus rewards allowed for nobody to ever be out of the running until the very end of the race. This is a game you can absolutely master, but because of the level of competition this game offers, it lets newcomers compete in any given race. The differences between the drivers, and the variety of tracks leads to a memorable experience that remains a fun, competitive game to this day.

Vigilante 8
Going up against the successful Twisted Metal series, Vigilante 8 offered a rougher, heavier feel to the vehicular combat arena. The vehicles didn't handle like you always wanted them to, the weapons had a ton more effects on the way you'd be able to drive, and this game offered a really difficult system of combination maneuvers to master. If you didn't have your unique special weapon to fire, you could always set up combo attacks to fire off a 'pusher' missile, which attaches to your enemy and pushes them away, or a devastating 'crater maker' mortar that would actually warp the terrain upon its impact. This game was a blast.

NHL Hitz 20'03
Midway's hockey answer to their successful NFL Blitz series, this 3v3 arcade hockey game allowed for surprising complexity in play styles, contained within an incredible accessible simple interface. The elegance of this game lies in the pure competition it offers. You can score at any time, and you can turn the tables at the drop of a hat. The offensive techniques you can master go beyond the controls or combos the game promotes. This is easily the best 'party' game I have ever played. Fantastic for 2v2 tournaments.

Starcraft
In my opinion, this is the game that wrote the book on RTS. The balance of the original Starcraft, as well as its expansion, Brood Wars, offered many hours of painstaking planning and execution of several enemies. The built in map editor allowed for great levels and difficult challenges. Some of the modifications people made on battle net provided completely different games to play within Starcraft. It's sequel is certainly carrying the torch well now, but the original Starcraft was incredible.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2
The original Sonic the Hedgehog was amazing enough, but Sonic 2 really tore the lid off the franchise. The addition of the spin dash move, as well as sidekick Tails really smoothed out everything the original was missing. The level design on this game was second to none, and Dr. Robotnick's final dreadnought, the 'giant eggman' is still one of the most memorable enemies I've ever faced in a video game.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006
Wait? 06?? Why not the latest greatest Tiger? Every year Tiger would come out, and it would have something different. This is pretty typical of year-to-year EA releases. Small polishes, tweaks, etc... Tiger 06 had the best putting system of any Tiger game. It also provided a huge number of customization options for your custom golfer, a wide variety of courses to play on, and a general fun feel. I remember getting 07, and immediately seeing it as a step backward. I just think the Tiger franchise peaked in 06, and man was that a fun game.

Madden '10 (PS2)
Madden was in its hay day on PS2. It was accessible for anyone to pick up and play, and it was complex enough to become a master. All things being equal, I'd say Madden '11 (which was the last PS2 iteration of Madden) was just as good as '10- but it lacked online support. I spent many an hour honing my Madden skills against foes online, who I seldom had ANY chance of beating; but I relished every score I could muster. This was my favorite Madden game, and I always enjoyed online play, as well as franchise mode, which allowed me to create my custom team of underdogs, the Toronto Bees.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    In no particular order ...
    • Half Life 2 (all eps)
    • Portal 1 & 2
    • Crysis 1 & 2
    • Far Cry
    • Batman Arkham Asylum
    • Batman Arkham City
    • Jedi Knight II
    • Jedi Knight Academy
    • Golden Eye N64 ... and oldie :P
  • Options
    srgtburglarsrgtburglar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'll contribute 1

Quarantine (1994)

Epic Violence :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Opening a lockbox is like using a public restroom when u gotta poo.
    You are just hoping nobody blew on the seat or that all the toilet paper is gone.
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    1.Dragon age origins(complete with expansions)-(X-box360)

2.Resident evil (GC)(Controls a little stiff, but they polished the graphics)

3.Grand theft auto-Vice City(PS2)

4.Batman Arkham Asylum(X-box360)

5.Rouge squadron(N-64)

6.Call of Duty(PC)

7.Midnight Club(Dub edition remix)(PS2)

8.Star Wars Bounty Hunter(PS2)

9.Saints Row II (X-box360)

10.Dead Space(X-box360)

I have been playing video games for decades, but these are the ones that really stood out to me.I have consoles spanning from the 1980s-present day, and after much personal debate...and wishing for a top 20, this is the top 10..for me.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    In no Particular order

Mario Kart DS Yes a hand held game but combining old tracks from the SNES (yes I am that old) all the way to Gamecube and new tracks makes it great. Especially when you can race them backwards in mirror 150cc

Crash Team Racing (PS1)
    Another Kart game but this one I believe is well better that the mario Kart franchise and all the other copies the amount you can unlock and replayability factor was brilliant which is sadly lacking in so many games nowadays.

Silent hill (PS1) A game that has spawned many sequels and a film You play Harry Mason in a search for his daughter as you transverse the ghost town of Silent Hill and unlock it deadly secrets. Not only is the storyline great but with multiple endings upon the choices you make and also a secret ending makes the game more playable.

Resident Evil 3 (PS1) Another brilliant game which spawned the sadly boring Resident Evil film you play Jill Valentine trying to escape from Racoon City but Nemesis tracks you all the way. Like the previous game this game made me jump a few times when I first played it. Again with a few alternate endings and a mini game unlock makes it replayable

Smackdown Vs Raw 2007 (PS2, PSP & Xbox 360)
    I played all of these games but the more modern ones are not as fun as this one Yes the storyline was sadly lacking. However the challenge mode kept me trying to beat the Undertaker and Kane for hours with the Mexicools.

Star Trek Voyager Elite Force (PC)
    A FPS that I liked not really a Voyager fan I loved how they tried to make it look like a episode of the series and the holodeck mini games and online maps were all good. Expansion was also good how many people can say they set the self destruct sequence or went on a killing spree on a starfleet ship.

Star Trek Invasion (PS1)
    This made me a fan of space battles due to a fleet of borg approaching a group of fighter pilots are trained to help combat that threat. A decent dog fight game and also you see people like Worf and Picard in the game.

Star Trek Bridge Commander (PC)
    Best ST game I have ever played not only can you command your BO's in the game on your bridge but you can manually control the fight and with the addition of the Kobyashi Maru Mod you can play as a Borg sphere or ships from other franchises made it even more replayable

Final Fantasy games 1-9 (NES,Snes,Ps1,GBA and DS)
    Okay I know this is 9 seperate games but rpg will be different if we didnt have these games starting off with a short storyline you control a team of four (Less in some later games) and with magic and weapons defeat and level your characters.
    FFVII is meant to be the best in the franchise but I disagree I believe FF IV is the best but I'm a retro gamer.

Football Manager 2010 (PC)
    Have you ever said you could command your football team to Victory or do you want to attempt to take a low league team to victory. Well heres your chance This is a management game that is not for a casual gamer as you will find your self addicted as you buy and sell and manage your team to victory. similar to fantasy football but easier to master and more playable
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2012
    Portal 1 & 2 (shut up, I'm counting them as one game)
    Fez
    Sim City 2000
    Terraria
    Arkham Asylum/City
    Limbo
    World of Goo
    Tie Fighter
    Machinarium
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    1- Super Robot Taisen/Wars Z2
    2- Mass Effect Series
    3- SWTOR
    4- Star Trek Bridge Commander
    5- WoW
    6- Total Annihilation
    7- Left 4 Dead 2
    8- Dragon Age Series
    9- Disgaea Series
    10- Gundam VS Gundam Series
  • Options
    kanecabalkanecabal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    1. EVE Online
    2. Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
    3. Race Driver Grid
    4. Anno 2070
    5. Crysis
    6. Dead Space 1
    7. Crash Bandicot
    8. Pacman
    9. Tetris
    10. Railroad Tycoon Gold
    Lifetime - Joined 2008 - U.S.S. Kilimanjaro - Inner Circle
  • Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    hmm... I don't play games as much as I used to (except for STO), but I'll list the 10 I'm currently playing...

Mass Effect (all 3 games). Thought I'd start anew with the game.

Mighty Switch Force! Patty Wagon looks nice and I keep trying to beat my best times.

Street Fighter X Tekken. Interesting combination of fighters...

SSX. Still my favorite "sports" series.

Harvest Moon: Tale of Twin Towns. Still haven't "finished" the game...

Pinball FX (for XB360). Can't help it. Pinball was there before video games.

Etrian Odyssey. Very hard Dungeon Crawler type RPG series...

Ace Combat 6. I like the story, and I'm not letting those Idolm@ster skins go to waste...

Trouble Witches Neo. Just to hear the line by one character "You can't die! You still owe money!"

R-Type Final. I love shooters like this. Don't have all the ships yet.
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    bladerielbladeriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Jet Pac
    King's Bounty
    Elite
    Pirates!
    Dune II: The Building of a Dynasty
    Starcraft
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    Sim City IV: Rush Hour
    Civilization IV

I know I'm old! :o
    Saving the 4th fleet - my Foundry mission live on Holodeck. Have fun!
  • Options
    smazazelsmazazel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    X-BTF
    X-2
    X-3R,TC,AP
    Civ 5
    Starflight 1
    Starflight 2
    Universe Sandbox
    Operation Flashpoint
    Armed Assault 1 and 2
    Total War Shogun 2
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    top 10? i can't do 10...

Racing:
    - Midnight Club L.A. (Rockstar's version of Need for Speed, just in AWESOME)
    - Forza 2 - 4 (if i had a Playstation it would probably be GT5)
    - Test Drive Unlimited (1 !!! ... 2 was pure fail!)
    - GRID (god i hope they don't TRIBBLE up part 2, No Cockpit WTF?)
    - DIRT 2 (did not like 1, and 3 was not as good)
    - Flatout 2
    - NFS Underground
    - NFS 3+4 (hundreds of modding cars! loved it!)

Shooter games:
    - Half Life, everything Half Life!
    - Star Trek Voyager Elite Force (best Star Trek Game ever, full Voyager Crew Voice Overs in US and German sync! multiplayer for year in my Clan, Quake 3 Engine, modding, pure win!)
    - Dead Space 1
    - Jedi Knight 2 (had awesome 1on1 Lightsaber combat online, before they patched it all to hell... Quake 3 engine, modding...)
    - UT2003+2004
    - Quake 3 Arena
    - Shattered Horizon (awesome SPACE gameplay, if it just wasn't so damn hardware intensive...)
    - Gears of War 1 - 3 (coop + horde mode FTW!)
    - Battlefield 2142 (shut up i liked the SciFi setting+mechs), now i play BF3 from time to time but *shrug*.

RPG/Hack&Slay kinda games:
    - Diablo 2
    - Torchlight
    - Gothic 1 + 2
    - Mass Effect 1 - 3
    - Fallout 3
    - Deus Ex HR
    - Too Human
    - Sacred 2

Space / Flight games / sims
    - Freelancer
    - Star Wars X-Wing Alliance
    - Wing Commander 4+5
    - Privateer 2
    - Ace Combat 6

...ok thats all i got on top of my head, i'm sure i missed a lot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blastenblaster1blastenblaster1 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    in no order:
    Call of Duty 4
    Battlefield
    SUPER SMASH BROTHERS!!
    StarFox 64
    SW:TFU
    Pokemon (hand helds i.e. yellow/blue/red)
    GUNDAM (almost any game can become a fave.)
    Final Fantasy 13
    HALO (face it anyone who's played xbox fell in love with HALO at one point)
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hearts of iron III.

Fallout 1 & 2.

Age of empires 2.

Mount and blade.

Victoria 2.

Europa Universalis III.

Skyrim.

Civilization III.

Many RTS games and some RPG ones. STO is really the first MMO I enjoy. Because it's Star Trek. :D
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    bladeriel wrote: »
    Jet Pac
    King's Bounty
    Elite
    Pirates!
    Dune II: The Building of a Dynasty
    Starcraft
    Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    Sim City IV: Rush Hour
    Civilization IV

I know I'm old! :o

Some of my fave games are older then those, and I'm only 21. What does that make me.?

Lets see..., I have too many so I'll list mostly series

1. Doom series (excluding Doom 3)
    2. Pokemon Series
    3. Star Wars Jedi Knight Series
    4. 8-32 bit Mario games
    5. Mass Effect Series
    6. Star Trek Elite Force 1
    7. War Craft 2 (War craft as one word in censored, what)
    8. Flight Simulator X
    9. Super Mario Sunshine
    10. SWTOR
  • Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    To many favourites to list so a list of 10 I can think of fondly:

Final Fantasy VII
    Fallout 3
    Mass Effect Series
    X3 Albion Prelude
    Homeworld
    Dungeon Keeper 2
    Half Life
    Freelancer
    Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
    Sins Of A Solar Empire and the many mods it has including Sacrifice of Angles Star Trek mod.
    Right now Both Kerbal Space program and EVE are tied for first place.

1. Kerbal Space Program ( PC )

2. EVE ( PC )

3. Minecraft ( PC )

4. Crisis series ( PC )

5. Fallout new vegas / Fallout 3 ( PC )

6 Star Wars Rogue Squadron ( N64 )

7. Mass Effect Series ( PC / 360 )

8. Sins of a Solar Empire ( PC )

9. Pokemon Series ( 360 / PC )

10. Star Wars Galaxies ( PC )
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    PC Games:

SW KOTOR
    COD:MW
    COD:BO
    NFS:MW
    TD:U
    FS9
    WC: Privateer2
    WC4
    Tron 2.0
    MW:3
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I generally have trouble separating games from their series, so...
    1. Fallout series
    Fallout 1, 2, 3 & Vegas, never cared for BoS. FO2 was the first game I ever bought myself, technically before I was old enough to legally play it. I just knew from an article in a game magazine that the total freedom thing was what I wanted. Just don't get people who never played even one of these.
    2. Mass Effect series
    Mass Effect 1 foremost, then 2 and 3. Had a real shot at beating the Fallout franchise up until the last fifteen minutes, when all those great story elements turned out to be completely for naught. Still, can't demote it all the way for one, however major, mistake at the end. There's a reason there's so many Bioware games in the list. They really don't make that many mistakes. Just, why did have to be here!? And gimme back my MAKO!
    3. Knights of the Old Republic series
    Not including SWTOR. Just overall great storyline, fit for a movie, and doing the light-side / dark-side thing was fun. And your choices mattered right up to the end. Unlike STO, I would not have given SWTOR a chance based on its franchise, if it hadn't been for its two RPG predecessors. Like many though, I would've rather had a KotOR III.

It's like Chief O'Brien's mother said, "If you try combine [MMOing] and [RPGing] you'll end up doing neither very well!"
    4. Dragon Age series
    Another RPG, and again Bioware of course. More good writing and backstory, atmosphere and character development options. I liked Origins better than II, mainly for the extra freedom it held. Dragon Age II reused the same environments far too often.
    5. Arcanum
    An oldy, from Troika, some of the developers of the first two Fallout Games. It was a birdseye view, turnbased CRPG like Fallout 1 and 2, just in a magic and steam engines setting, with some great laughs in it. I still remember a paranoid NPC demanding to know if I was one of Them, and declaring, after I'd finally convinced him that I wasn't, "Then now you die!"
    6-10. Sid Meiers' Alpha Centauri, Civilization, Planescape Torment, Shattered Horizon (Interesting Zero-G multiplayer shooter) and I guess Grand Theft Auto.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    rheatitanrheatitan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The legend of Zelda ... all of them :D
    Dune
    Star Trek: Bridge commander
    Assassin's creed 2 to 2.2
    The X-Wing series
    Knights of the old republic
    Metal Gear Solid series
    Sim city
    Medieval total war 2
  • Options
    carmenaracarmenara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have a strange love for TRIBBLE games because I kind of enjoy ambitious but flawed products that can be enjoyed when they are made to work for a few brief glorious moments that you'll remember forever: -

1) BC3K games, ending with Universal Combat

99% of sci fi gamers see Derek Smart's "Battlecruiser" starship management games as a total flop but these games are the only SF games that attempt to model the everyday workings of a starship, from resource management, individual crew status to support craft deployment.

Sure, the dynamic campaigns are seriously not dynamic at all, there's nothing to do or achieve in the 'freeform' universe and the whole package is uninspiring, but when push comes to shove you CAN do a complete planetary assault campaign starting from space dominance, orbital bombardment, assault shuttles, ground vehicles and finally beam marines down to engage and overwhelm the enemy.

Chances are the game will crash the moment the brown stuff hits the rotating object, or some AI bug makes your entire support force unable to engage the enemy, but when it works its glorious when you have this never ending battle between your starship and ground launched interceptors from several airbases at once.

Ditto for being overwhelmed by multiple enemy capital ships in your stock starting game gear - it becomes a desperate fight to stay alive and its even more fun when you roleplay some systems failures or hull breaches as per Star Trek canon - crash land on the nearest planet, deploy all crew and units to secure a perimeter and mine for resources to make the ship spaceworthy again.

It may take days as resource gathering and repairs are done in real time and you have a very limited number of engineering crew, and depending on the severity of the damage you may have to improvise a way to get the ship back into space such as tractoring it up with a shuttlecraft.

Then if the savegame doesn't get corrupted you can start to wage guerilla warfare against the enemy with a ship that looks like it has everything but offensive systems non-functional. It's a totally different game now with all systems in the yellow or red, you prioritize repairs to keep the ship functional as an offensive platform, and you improvise your way if say, your main reactor is at 30% thanks to crash damage - you just use solar panels to charge weapons :D

2) There are a number of other TRIBBLE games on my HDD that I have managed to make sense of and enjoy immensely, including SimCity Societies, but I see no purpose posting more walls of text :)
    STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
  • Options
    purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    1. Sim City 2000 (my very first PC game)
    2. TIE Fighter
    3. Guild Wars 2
    4. Star Wars: Galaxies
    5. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    6. Anno 2070
    7. Star Trek: Bridge Commander
    8. Rome: Total War
    9. Sea Dogs
    10. Jurassic Park: Trespasser (someone had to like it)
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    thats a hard one to put in order, since they all took away a good portion of my life equally:(
    so i'll order them in most time spend playing!

WOW
    Diablo2
    Archimedian dynasty (schleichfahrt)
    Civilisation 1
    Medal of Honor
    Battlefield 1942
    Warcraft2
    Sim city 2000
    X-Wing
    Tie Fighter
    Super mario Bros.
    Grand Prix
    Dark Forces
    Starcraft
    Jedi Knight
    duke nukem 3d
    Indiana jones and the last crusade
    Day of the Tentacle
    Worms
    Mass Effect series

and ofcourse STO...somewhere between jedi knight and duke nukem 3d^^
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sim city 2000
    supreme commander and forged alliance
    starcraft+broodwar
    starcraft 2
    X series, X2, X3 up to terran conflict (new one coming out yay \o/)
    morrowind
    old nes/snes games by koei. their strategy series
    alpha centauri
    tera
    rappelz..no longer play but did play it for 4 years.
    perfect world, forsaken world
    ddo...subs now canceled but was fun for awhile (2 years)
    blade kitten~just fun.
    street fighter series

going by time spent, quite a few i liked but one or 2 play throughs was enough, crysis 2, bulletstorm, etc mostly fps style games. and grand theft series.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • Options
    jadebgreenjadebgreen Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have a lot of old games in my collection, likely some no one has ever heard of.

in no particular order:

1: Inner worlds (1996)
    this was a side scrolling game done back in 1996 that was challenging and a hell of a lot of fun, set in a magical medevil era the storyline was kinda "meh" but the game play itself and the music was pretty good.

2: Commander Keen Goodbye Galaxy "Secret of the Oracle" (1991)
    this game was one hell of a gem for classic gamers, as a kid this was about all I'd play, if you have never heard of it I'd suggest googling it.

3: Jagged Alliance Deadly Games (1995)
    perhaps my all time favourite game this is a tactical turn based shooter. hire mercs and control them over several missions of various objectives. this game also had a map maker so you could make tones of maps and just have a really long campaign. though this was considered an expansion of the first jagged alliance game it is a standalone game.

4: Wolfenstein 3D (1992)
    don't get me wrong the new ones are all right but nothing beats this classic pioneer of first person shooters. *small trivia fact: William "B.J." Blazkowicz the main character of this game is in fact Commander Keens grandfather as confirmed by ID*

5: Civilizations III (2001)
    another great strategy game of world conquest, I've seen this or at least it's prequels or sequels pop up in earlier posts so clearly some people play it.

6: The Humans (1992)
    Play as cavemen discovering inventions to solve side scrolling puzzles and using\fighting dinosaurs? what's not to love?

7: X-Com Interceptor (1998)
    Space flight combat with tactical thinking aspects. maybe not the most well thought out game but still very fun if you had the right joystick.

8: Mystic Towers (1994)
    play an old flatulent man who likes to get drunk and fight monsters with magic. what could possibly go wrong?

9: Hocus Pocus (1994)
    yet another side scroller that deals with magic, not a good storyline or even any real plot but the level design and puzzles made it worthwhile to play.

10: Duke Nukem 1,2,3D (1991, 1993, 1996)
    the classics of terribly funny and inappropriate first person shooters that kids shouldn't play.

wow only one game in my list goes past the 2000 mark. I play a lot of classics apparently.
    Formerly:
    Jagged_Jade on the forums
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well for me I look for quality games and then If I like them after a few days I will stick with them. The one thing I find odd is that I am just one person out of a majority of players who play STO and much less want some kind of territory control.

The thing I find odd is the game that has had the most advanced territorial control mmorpg in the last decade is not even up on here as one of peoples favorites. As well it is more pvp than it is pve though. The game I am referring to is ****. For some off reason though of all these games listed its the main one that keeps getting censored. LOL

Lets see if it shows up now or not because right now between STO if I ever take a break from STO its **** that would go to just to get a PvP fix since I can't get it here in STO.

Edit: Yep tried to put the name of this game in the post here because it is one of my favorite games but apparently the name of this game is such a hot or taboo topic with PWE that it cannot be spoken of.
  • Options
    harryquinnharryquinn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Okay. I'll bite. No particular order, though. I'm not that organized.

SSX Tricky: The best of the snowboarder games by far.

Final Fantasy VIII: First FF I ever finished. And you never forget your first. Also, too: SeeD > SOLDIER

The Twilight Zone pinball: Sure, it's not a video game, but it's the pinball machine with the MOST EPIC wizard-mode known to humanity.

Wizardry: Yes. The original NES cartridge. And the first game I played that I ever needed to map out in order to actually find where I went wrong.

Kingdom Hearts: ALL OF THEM. For they are all that awesome.

EVE Online: The ultimate sandbox. I'm not the best capsuleer the Minmatar have ever seen, yet rarely do I turn into a meat popsicle.

Civilization 4: The best entry of one of the best game series of all time.

Pitfall: Yeah, I'm dating myself by entering an old Atari 2600 cartridge. So sue me and get off my lawn.

Final Fantasy X: Tidus and Yuna, one of the best love stories in all of gaming. Also, too: Blitzball. Also, too, too: Rikku.

DragonRealms: Yes, child. People still pay for text-based games. It's this little thing called an "imagination". Use yours for a change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    carmenaracarmenara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    harryquinn wrote: »
    DragonRealms: Yes, child. People still pay for text-based games. It's this little thing called an "imagination". Use yours for a change.

Kai Quinn shall be your new title :D
    STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
  • Options
    siriusnorthsiriusnorth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    1. Eve Online
    2. Civ 5
    3. Shogun 2
    4. HOI II
    5. Victoria II
    6. Prototype II
    7. WOT
    8. Dust 514 (beta)
    9. Red Dead Redemption
    10. GTA
  • Options
    mikec1013mikec1013 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    In no particular order:
    The Sword of Vermillion
    Golvellius
    Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Excitebike
    Techmo Bowl
    Astrosmash
    R-Type
    NHL Hockey
    Revenge of Shinobi (Spider-man and Godzilla anyone?)