test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (August 9, 2012)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited August 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, August 9th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• c4ptain0bviou5c4ptain0bviou5 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    When are they going to fix the foundry editor?
  • switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So the long awaited CXP to Fleet Marks which was added to Tribble before the Nukura Change, DOFF Downgrader, and Fleet DOFFs isn't being added?
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    switchngc wrote: »
    So the long awaited CXP to Fleet Marks which was added to Tribble before the Nukura Change, DOFF Downgrader, and Fleet DOFFs isn't being added?
    As it just got added to Tribble today it probably hasn't had enough testing to be in this week's patch.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    As it just got added to Tribble today it probably hasn't had enough testing to be in this week's patch.

Are you sure it just got added to Tribble today? Because, I tested it, on Tribble, last week.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
    edited August 2012

No, it was added on the 3rd where as the Nukura Change, Officer Exchange, and fleet duty officers were added yesterday, and to top it off, the Fleet Basic Uniforms (which are being added tomorrow even though I don't think anyone has the T3 Starbase Tailor yet) were added to Tribble today. The only thing about the CXP to Marks conversion is that they dropped the min CXP by 1 (110,000 instead of 110,001) today.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Are you sure it just got added to Tribble today? Because, I tested it, on Tribble, last week.
    These were the adjustments made today on Tribble: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=345751

I assume Cryptic's wanting more testing data based on those adjustments to see if that amount worked.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited August 2012
    Hmmm, so what items are included within bind on account?
    edited August 2012
    These were the adjustments made today on Tribble: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=345751

I assume Cryptic's wanting more testing data based on those adjustments to see if that amount worked.

Are you serious? Gonna delay it yet another week because you can access it 1CXP earlier now, when there are so many other things that get added filled with bugs that they are aware of, including things they are adding tomorrow (There is no Fleet Duty Science at all (as far as I can tell), there are Officers, Engineering and Tactical).

Guess I'll look into logging in again next week...
  • argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    OMFG (pukes rainbows all over branflakes) patchnotes are awesome for tomorrow

thank you ;)

and sorry for puking rainbows all over you bran
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Although I'll enjoy the ability to break down DOffs, I'm saddened by the lack of the CXP to FM conversion. I was all ready to start earning some decent amounts (relatively speaking) of fleet marks.
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So No-Win and Starbase Fleet Defense don't get the upgraded Fleet Marks as per the August 3rd Tribble patch notes?

There's 2 I won't run much, if at all, if those updates don't get added.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yay account binds!
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    All looks very nice...

But what exactly is this
    Data samples will now appear in the duty officer Cargo Bay

Edit: Retracted... Blonde moment.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well done. Thanks for these fixes Cryptic.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • captallendalecaptallendale Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Im hoping there was just an oversight in the patch notes and the Aug 3 Tribble changes are included in the patch, but were not copied in the notes. I am assuming the STO build/test process is similiar to the one they used when they developed City of Heroes. I remember the devs in that game saying the could just not random insert changes into test and only have some of them go to live. Since the Aug 7th build (which seems to be included) also contains the stuff in the aug 3 build (as it was just added on to that build when it was put on test) all the changes should in the aug 7th build which will move to Live (holodeck). So unless they did something funky to take the aug 3rd build totally off the server, reverted to the aug 2cd build and then patched the aug 7th patch, I am assuming they are all going live tomorrow, and that Branflakes simply forgot to include the Aug 3rd notes in the patch notes.

I am praying that is case. Need my FM's!!!

If I am wrong, at least the doff downgrader and the ability to contribute doffs and data samples in quanity are still things I will enjoy getting to live.
  • realuniqueonerealuniqueone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The Follow Target keybind will now toggle between the chosen camera type and Follow Target, rather than toggling between Follow Target and Free.

This means it should be working as intended.

Does this mean the camera will not switch to free cam by itself any more???

The bug that has made the game unplayable seems to have nothing to do with any keybinds... It simply changes itself to free without any input from me every 30-60 seconds.

I hope this is fixed, because if I never see that options menu again, it will be too soon... Hit my limit after the first 6000 or so times it screwed up mid battle and killed me...

>>> UniqueOne - Providing you with easy PVP kills since Feb 2012 <<<
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Why on earth would we want to get a lower level doff when we spend most of our time trying to get purple doffs especially since you can just do a general recruit and get them anyway. Stll no fix for fleet events calender though
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • awolfe59awolfe59 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    robeasom wrote: »
    Why on earth would we want to get a lower level doff when we spend most of our time trying to get purple doffs especially since you can just do a general recruit and get them anyway.
    Because a single bound purple from a support mission crit will convert into 27 whites. That's a lot more white doffs than you can get from general, and it takes a whopping bit less time to get them. I have so many purple doffs that I'll be tickled to convert a few dozen into a couple of hundred whites to feed into the insatiable maw of our starbase.
    edited August 2012
    awolfe59 wrote: »
    Because a single bound purple from a support mission crit will convert into 27 whites. That's a lot more white doffs than you can get from general, and it takes a whopping bit less time to get them. I have so many purple doffs that I'll be tickled to convert a few dozen into a couple of hundred whites to feed into the insatiable maw of our starbase.

Can you decompile the bound Support DOFFs?
  • miloguyaussiemiloguyaussie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    when is the foundry editor coming back ? :confused:
    Milo Knight -Star fleet Engineer

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • smazazelsmazazel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    robeasom wrote: »
    Why on earth would we want to get a lower level doff when we spend most of our time trying to get purple doffs especially since you can just do a general recruit and get them anyway. Stll no fix for fleet events calender though

Because WHAT the heck am I going to use 10 purple geologist, biologist, and botanist for or any of the other crappy science purple doffs I get? There are quite a few completely useless Doff types. plus all the darn starbase missions need white doffs which NO ONE kept. they always traded them up.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    A certain purple photonic scienitist is going into this as soon as its active
    And may the great bird have mercy upon his soul
    Live long and Prosper
  • cryptiecopcryptiecop Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    A lot of disconnects tonight for some unknown reason...is there something going on?
    cmbanner2015.jpg
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Hasn't stopped them from releasing half-assed poorly tested content in the past, has it?
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • asdfjkadfjkasfasdfjkadfjkasf Member Posts: 345 Media Corps
    edited August 2012
    "Engineering Quantum mortars can no longer be created in social ground maps."

:(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFGfWrJR5Ck
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,184 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    One of the most welcome set of patch notes I've ever read, thanks for the hard work Cryptic. Now if STF gear is account bound which I doubt, you will have made a lot of people very happy.

I'm with ya there.
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Most random drops of Uncommon or better quality are now Bind to Account on Equip.
    ~ Previously, they were Bind to Character on Equip.
    ~ This means they can be put in the Account Shared bank even after equipping them.
    Now, you just need to make the STF items Bound to Account in general, and give us the ability to send them to ourselves through the messaging system. Free to Play doesn't have access to the account shared bank option, so I hope there is an option for those who buy zen.
    Updated the Fleet Mark rewards for the Tholian and Defera Invasions.

They now reward as follows:
    ~ When fleet hour is OFF: easy = 3 FM, medium = 6 FM, hard = 20 FM.
    ~ When fleet hour is ON: easy = 6 FM, medium = 12 FM, hard = 25 FM.
    ~ Updated the Fleet Event info text to mention the Defera Invasion as a source of fleet marks.
    Defera is relevant again! Yahoo!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
    Duty Officers:

Added "Officer Exchange" assignments to Personnel Officers at Starfleet Academy and Klingon Academy.
    ~ These officers will allow you to take assignments that will exchange a single Green, Blue or Purple Duty Officer for 3 of one rarity level lower. e.g.: 1 Green for 3 Whites

New fleet duty officers are now available!
    ~ The Personnel Officer in your starbase's Ops area can provide these new Duty Officers.
    ~ Each officer is commissioned individually.
    ~ You must have at least a tier 1 starbase to commission a general Duty Officer.
    ~ As you unlock higher tier starbases, better guaranteed quality officers become available.
    ~ Unlocking facilities at tier 2 and above also allows purchase of officers for specific disciplines.
    ~ These officers may have new active roster powers and new arrangements for fleets.
    ~ As with all Duty Officers, the type received is random.
    Did we just win the STO lottery? Thank you Cryptic for these great changes.
  • blademasterroninblademasterronin Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    One of the most welcome set of patch notes I've ever read, thanks for the hard work Cryptic. Now if STF gear is account bound which I doubt, you will have made a lot of people very happy.

I agree, love the patch notes this time. This fixes several issues, plus makes the account bank more usefull. I agree about making the STF gear account bound, but doubt it will happen anytime soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    99 bugs found in the code!
    99 bugs found in the code!
    Fix one bug!
    Compile it again!
    101 bugs found in the code!
  • awolfe59awolfe59 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    switchngc wrote: »
    Can you decompile the bound Support DOFFs?
    Given that such DOFFs can be used for starbases, they should also be valid for decompilation.
  • baronvonhellerbaronvonheller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    linyive wrote: »
    Now, you just need to make the STF items Bound to Account in general, and give us the ability to send them to ourselves through the messaging system. Free to Play doesn't have access to the account shared bank option, so I hope there is an option for those who buy zen.

Defera is relevant again! Yahoo!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Did we just win the STO lottery? Thank you Cryptic for these great changes.

I second that. I may not be Gold, but, I DO spend $$$$$$ on zen, and would like the account bank option opened, even for a small zen fee.

Lets face it, the Gold accounts probably aren't going to last much longer anyway. Who's going to pay for Gold when there are so few advantages over the Silver?
This discussion has been closed.