test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry editor is currently unavailable (8/9 UPDATE: It's back up!)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited August 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

While we investigate an issue with the Foundry editor, we have temporarily disabled access to it. We're working to get this resolved as soon as possible and will update this thread when more information is available.

Published Community Authored missions are available to play and the review/ tipping system is still disabled.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

-The Star Trek Online Team

----

8/9 Update: It's back up! Thanks for your patience as we worked to resolve the issue.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• tanneraubreytanneraubrey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Thank you for letting us know Brandon :) Please keep us updated. Out of curiosity may I inquire as to the nature of the Foundry issue?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cryptic User Since October 24, 2011 | Former Gold Member, Silver For Life
  • phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2012
    EDIT: On second thought... nevermind
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hax!!!!!!!!!!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • thunderspankerthunderspanker Member Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Do you think you could also fit in a way to fix the grammatical errors i have made in the titles.. :). Such as capitalization.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • areikou#8990 areikou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It would have been nice to have some sort of warning go out while you're in the editor that it's being brought down. I was in the middle of a bunch of changes to my mission, when WHAM, down. Thanks, that's a good amount of time completely wasted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
    is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hopefully the autosave kicked in for you.

Sucks that the foundry is down but it's a good thing in the long run if they've found issues they need to fix.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • progenitor27progenitor27 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Is there any chance you can fix it so that we can duplicate or copy and paste enemy NPC groups. I'm personally more than a little bored with making costumes then having to apply them to every individual enemy in an NPC group.
    Other than that I love the Foundry and hope it's back up soon
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2012
    It would have been nice to have some sort of warning go out while you're in the editor that it's being brought down. I was in the middle of a bunch of changes to my mission, when WHAM, down. Thanks, that's a good amount of time completely wasted.

As far as I know, when it became unavailable, it should not have kicked anyone who was editing at the time. If it did, I sincerely apologize. As zorbane mentioned above, there is an autosave feature that should have kicked in.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • chooch99achooch99a Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    *Bangs head on desk* I was SOooo close to finishing a reworked new added map on latest mission too. :(
  • sp4cecomm4ndersp4cecomm4nder Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    What is the ETA on this? Today? Tomorrow? Next week? Not asking for an exact time, just an estimate. Surely the team must have some idea of how severe an issue this is.
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited August 2012
    Out of curiosity may I inquire as to the nature of the Foundry issue?

It might be to do with the exploit that was posted about in the bug forum. In which case it's probably better if they don't tell us.

If not it could be the lag some folks are reporting, or the crashes I reported when deleting maps, or the crashing people are having when duplicating, etc, etc.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    It might be to do with the exploit that was posted about in the bug forum. In which case it's probably better if they don't tell us.

If not it could be the lag some folks are reporting, or the crashes I reported when deleting maps, or the crashing people are having when duplicating, etc, etc.

I think its the bug.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • elcymerianelcymerian Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Thank you for the notice. I would also like to second the idea of being able to copy/paste NPC groups.
    edited August 2012
    Is there any chance you can fix it so that we can duplicate or copy and paste enemy NPC groups. I'm personally more than a little bored with making costumes then having to apply them to every individual enemy in an NPC group.
    Other than that I love the Foundry and hope it's back up soon

You can. I did it last Thursday after the editor came back up. I was wanting to swap out one of the old interior maps on a mission of mine for the new drozana station, so I copied and pasted four groups of enemy mobs over. Worked just fine, except it did something weird with the names. I had reskinned a bunch of feds to have TOS uniforms, but I didn't mess with the names. It copied fine with the uniforms, but the names turned into Actor #1, Actor #2, etc. Had to delete the names so it would revert back to <unnamed actor> so the game would know to fill in the blank.

Edit: I just realized that's not really what you meant. sorry.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • skaldraskaldra Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The foundry is the main reason I play STO and I find it very frustrating when I cant finish what I started... it seemed to be working fine since the last time it was down.

The only thing that I noticed, is that when I copy and paste an object that had a "Y-value" that wasnt ground level... the copied version reset it to zero... this was not an issue before the last update... makes it very lengthy when I build an entire structure above ground level and I have to adjust the "Y-value" for every object. Can you change this back so it copies and pastes exactly what it has?

I would also like to hear an estimated down-time... a few hours? a day? a week? a month again? Just trying to update my website with new mission release dates... thanks devs! Love the foundry overall!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    INQUISITOR CRUSHER
    Director of Marketing
    ELITE FORCES COMMAND
    edited August 2012
    drogyn1701 wrote: »

I had the same map deletion crash issue... solved it by removing all objectives from the map first and then deleting.. not sure if that works for everyone though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    I had the same map deletion crash issue... solved it by removing all objectives from the map first and then deleting.. not sure if that works for everyone though...

I suspect that might be the issue. I have since moved all the objectives off that map and onto the new one, but I haven't gone back and tried to delete the map without objectives. I'll have to try it when the Foundry comes back.
  • toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Part of me also really hopes you were able to solve the issue that was causing the TOS maps to crash.

I can't help but hope, even a sliver, that, when the Foundry goes back up for editing, the TOS maps go up with it. :)
    2rbz410.jpg
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Foundry issues that I had:
    (1) Deleting a map crashes Foundry to the desktop.

(2) NPCs fall through captain's chairs.

(3) Previously killed NPCs respawn. Even though you may have completed an objective, the NPCs you kill during it respawn later.

(4) Items placed into buildings seem to hover; thus, you have to place elements outside of the buildings. If you set their y-axis to align with terrain, the objects move to the roof of the buildings. Regardless about which setting you use, you cannot get consoles, crates, and other placables to flush with the floor. It only works outside of buildings.
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Does this have anything to do with the fun some people were having yesterday with the foundry?
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I hope it doesn't mean that the rating system will remain offline for additional weeks, it would mean that the new missions would stay inthe limbo forever... :o
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • areikou#8990 areikou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'd just like to know when I can get back to editing my mission...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
    is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hey guess what? The editor is offline again... I just came in to b|tch about it. :eek: So NEXT time you boys make us a MMO with a built in editor. Here is some sage advice from a little old lady who knows a thing or two.

Build the editor first, then use the editor to build your game. Not the other way around. :P

Am I making you feel bad? I just pulling your leg but I would like to get back to what I was doing and so would a lot of others. So hurry it up, or I swear I will haul out the whips and chains. :)
    NFA-banner.png
    edited August 2012
    I tweeted Brandon and he responded that there is no further information at this time other than this forum thread........ :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hmm.... a classified bug? what could it be? this is strange.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • philo5oraptorphilo5oraptor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I tweeted Brandon and he responded that there is no further information at this time other than this forum thread........ :(

Simply pathetic. Theses people really need to learn how their own game works.
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Since Perfect World/Cryptic's corporate office has been closed for three to four hours, I don't think we will be seeing the Foundry coming online tonight. Unless someone decided to do overtime, the editor will most likely be reactivated in a few days. I hope someone gives us an update.
  • xxxseadog117xxxxxxseadog117xxx Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Aw man, the editor is down:(? This sucks:mad:
    Kurland Here Kurland Here This is Kurland Kurland Kurland Here Kurland, Do you copy?

chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Here's a Tissue for your Issue.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Bran, I really hope you guys fix whatever needs fixing and get the Foundry up ASAP. I'm itching to get back to work on my Foundry mission.
    Does this have anything to do with the fun some people were having yesterday with the foundry?

I have the same thought.
  • theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Oh well, I guess this needed to happen, I just don't understand why the Foundry would have to be down for as long as it was not long ago only to be taken down again after such a short time up. :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
This discussion has been closed.