test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

killed by no one and by nothing

alpha11111111111alpha11111111111 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
edited August 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
i keep getting killed randomly by nothing that does any where from 50 to 100k in damage during STF's. also how the hell do the warships in the STF's go from 0-100+ meters a second without evasive maneuvers AND know where i am while i am cloaked?
Post edited by alpha11111111111 on

Comments

• nileight1nileight1 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Prolly one of your boffs is posting on facebook.

"Sexyridges29 posts: Ha, we're totally cloaked behind this feddie"

"Redshirt 17 likes this post :cool:"
  • omniusexoromniusexor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    lol, nileight1 =)

this STF kills are working as supposed to, they are high yield plasma torps disguised as normal "invisible" torpedos. The only reason why they are there is to annoy the player by beeing shot to hell by an invisible undefendable torpedo.

There are counter cheats to be able to survive this cheat from the borgs, like reverse shield polarity, but you have to get the right timing to use them.
    The lag/ping, that makes you see those torps only after you already dead, makes it more harder to counteract those cheating borg bast...
  • csm67csm67 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It's an Isometric charge that's really buffed up. In Cure Space Elite, the Neg'vhar warships fire an Isometric for about 100,000 Electrical damage. This passes right through your shields. The only defense I know of so far is to hopefully be able to launch an Aceton Assimilator at around the same time (hard when you can't see it coming) which absorbs some of it's energy, leading to less damage.

In The other two, it's the gates that launch those charges. If you have aceton assimilators, launch one right near the gate (It will absorb a tonne of energy)
    We come in peace....shoot to kill.
  • gerudongerudon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Oh, so that was the strange stuff that did tons of damage, I saw during fleet operations. The combat log scrolls so fast, that I didn't find it.

Well, on the other hand I have seen multiple times now that, High Yield Plasma Torpedos of AI ships just turn around and hit the very ship that sent them on their way in the first place, very strange.