test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What new things do you want to see in STO?

1235»

Comments

• booker9172booker9172 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I would love to see a duty officer pool in our fleet starbases. A place where we can put duty officers in and let fleet mates be able to take them and use them if needed. I'd also love to see the same thing for bridge officers. Also, I'd like to have the ability to be able to put my fleet's emblem onto that big bright white empty circle that is on the floor in the main hall of my starbase.

Spock: "Really Doctor McCoy, you must learn to govern your passions. They will be your undoing. Logic suggests ..."
    McCoy: "Logic? My God the man's talking about logic. We're talking about universal armageddon. You green blooded, inhuman ..."
  • bohortonstobohortonsto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    holodeck missions with scores leader boards and prizes, basicly you get a standard power set and weapon and a mission all of which are the same for everyone, regardless of level/ class/ playtime... everything. have various objectives and give out some sort of tokens (maybe latnum or lobi).

o and i think being able to actually upgrade your ship (i like the idea of the 'fleet' ships but still they are real world money and a different ship)
  • robuillerobuille Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    How about access to the Gamma quadrant through the wormhole. It could even be a small sector out there like the Deferi sector block.

There's even good reason to add it. The release of the founder and the diplomatic relationships established between the Federation Captain that resolved the 2800 incident and the Dominion faction could have strengthened the ties between the two parties. So when the Borg end up assimilating the commander that piloted the shuttle in the episode "Operation Gamma", they discover the strengthened ties between the federation and the Dominion along with the existance of the Founders, a shapeshifting race that the Borg become intent on assimilating. Though strong on their own, the Founders call on the captain that assisted them not long ago with the 2800 story arc.

Whataya say..., pretty plausible huh?
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    robuille wrote: »
    How about access to the Gamma quadrant through the wormhole. It could even be a small sector out there like the Deferi sector block.

There's even good reason to add it. The release of the founder and the diplomatic relationships established between the Federation Captain that resolved the 2800 incident and the Dominion faction could have strengthened the ties between the two parties. So when the Borg end up assimilating the commander that piloted the shuttle in the episode "Operation Gamma", they discover the strengthened ties between the federation and the Dominion along with the existance of the Founders, a shapeshifting race that the Borg become intent on assimilating. Though strong on their own, the Founders call on the captain that assisted them not long ago with the 2800 story arc.

Whataya say..., pretty plausible huh?

That sounds.... really cool! It might be a while before we get it, but that could be awesome! And it would be a great way to introduce a Dominion/Cardassian faction (but that's less likely). Love the Idea.
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I would like a "switch" in the settings that will turn off the visuals and sounds of social items that does not degrade other FX.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • oldjerseydeviloldjerseydevil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Seriously.
    Name them. Play dress up. Train & stuff 'em in a bridge slot. Sometimes show them off to friends who visit your bridge and take them for walks on the odd story mission. Dump them in a life-pod whenever a new one catches your fancy?!?

I say NOT ENOUGH.

Now I know there's been talk of a "First Officer System" that's been kicked around & back burner-ed for a while, but as far as I've heard that's for promoting your XO to her own ship once Vice Admiral's can advance to Fleet Admirals. In-game character ranks not Fleet (Guild) rankings. Not really what I'm getting at.

These are supposed to be highly trained sentient beings. Men & women who studied at their faction's respective Academies for years for the chance to be posted on the best ship in their fleet.

Proposal. Boff's aren't pets, but they still need your attention and nurturing support. A lot of these notions of mine may seem like micro-managing. It should definitely be an Optional selection like Normal vs. Advanced or Elite mission setting. Or maybe like the different Doff qualities where White's can die, but maybe like Common Boff's need more attention.

TRAINING: It's not optional, nor ever done..."
    So you've got six, eight even ten Boff's but only bridge slots for five. A set ground crew, a space crew for crowd control or just for PvP? What are the other one's doing when you don't need them? Besides making suggestions for Doff missions or standing around your bridge like mannequins?

What would happen if they got rusty or even resentful? Say you call up your Lt. Cmdr. Tactical Officer you haven't used since before Season Six for a PvP match and she's just not as quick with the beam overload as she used to be? Not like riding a bicycle after all.

Simply put, a neglected Officer can't be counted on in a pinch. So the game mechanic would be a debuff like injuries instead of a loss of skill points, and the preventive solution would be to use them in their specialized category; space or ground, for a short period to work the kinks out. Or if the need is great enough spend a few hundred "Expertise" giving them a quick pep-talk before charging in to the No Win Scenario. If you don't have a load of those points laying around your either doing something wrong or micro-managing isn't a problem for your crew already!

Even more immersive (sp?) for the die-hard fans of the franchise, spend some "quality time" with the neglected officer on your bridge. A little more interaction would make the whole Visit the Bridge option less sterile IMHO. God it would be nice to have a yeoman run up to the center seat with a pad to sign or a hot cup of coffee now & again. Or at the very least have an officer turn from their mindless console pondering and say "Good morning Captain [Insert Name]"

While we're on the bridge, so to speak, how many captains have actually spent time in their Ready Room beside the odd Tactical or Diplomatic Doff mission requirements or rummaging through the Account Bank? How cool would it be to punch a button on the console and gauge the crew's morale to take more preventative measures? Maybe a little dialog with the ships counselor to give you an excuse to run Crew Leave or Drinks on the Town again?

INVERSE EQUATION: Over-used Officers need a break now & then. Simple enough, another debuff, same solution. Swap 'em out, give them a break, chew them out, whatever it takes.

MORE TO COME; "Officers are not wind up drones!" (Except those damn liberated Borgs!) or "No one could keep getting up with eleven broken ribs and that much internal bleeding!"
  • miloguyaussiemiloguyaussie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    id love to be able to swap from me to one of my away teams and leave the captain on the bridge while an away team is away, but still play as the away team, if you get my drift

but I would really love to talk to your crew some more some how

also would love it if you could design your own bridge and other quarters !!
    Milo Knight -Star fleet Engineer

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oldjerseydeviloldjerseydevil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    A bar with special drinks in stock, including one that triggers an "I hate it" emote

EPIC IDEA! Add "This is... Green." emote and you'd probably get some die-hard TOS/TNG fans like myself giving YOU $50! :D
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    EPIC IDEA! Add "This is... Green." emote and you'd probably get some die-hard TOS/TNG fans like myself giving YOU $50! :D

I love it. Just don't forget "It's insidious...." A public one DS9 and Ten Forward in a Galaxy interior would do just nicely. :D
  • pike58pike58 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i agree with someone before me who said we need for 25ht century ships not just the Oddy and Atrox
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Small Craft racing through objects/rings like the Red Bull Air Race. :p

Either that or some regular playable content, like every week, we can call them weeklies even.
  • thelizardthelizard Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The Selay and the Anticans :)

Would be amazing to see these two in STO even if they aren't really well known ST races
  • jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'd really like to see more visitable planets. It's really boring flying around sector space, knowing there's only a couple of places to go. Also, on Vulcan, Andoria, Risa, etc, there should be somewhere to access Exchange / Bank, etc.
  • mrgig00mrgig00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You know what I want to see in STO.......... REAL EXPLORATION!

Open up the Galaxy and have us actually play Star Trek and to boldly go and discover new life and new civilizations! To go traveling into the unknown, have actual first contact, discover threads, new resources, technology, and have real diplomacy.

Unfortunately, given the way things have been in STO, this is just a pipe dream. For the resources to undertake this monumental feat would be......extraordinary. :(

Until such time as the resources come available and the monumental becomes easy, could you consider the following:

1) add a "fog of war" to the Exploration zone mini-maps & "M-button" big maps,
    2) automatically disable astrometrics, which won't exist for unexplored areas, and
    3) disable the zone-out button (meaning the only way out is to find & cross a zone border or transwarp.)

Sometimes, all it takes is a little unfamiliarity and uncertainty to make me feel like an explorer.

And if one day, an Exploration zone randomly spit me out to an adjacent area of space when I cross the zone border, instead of always entering and exiting the Exploration Zone from the same region of space, well that would be icing on a cake.
  • undyingzeroundyingzero Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'd love to see more non-Fed/KDF ships that fit within their time. The Vulcan D'kyr and Gorn ships are a step in the right direction, as both races are part of their respective factions. I'd LOVE to see what Cryptic can do with perhaps Betazoid ships. Betazed as a planet would be neat, as well.

I'd also like to see more STFs that aren't Borg. One gets tired of Borg after doing 100 STFs and seeing so many cubes when you fly through sector space.

More Incursions. Defera and Nukara Prime are FUN. Nukara's a bit tedious and not very rewarding, but Nukara itself is a beautiful planet in it's own way, and Defera's just fun, chaotic Borg bashing. Also, make Defera reward Fleet Creds if it doesn't already.

More Gamma Quadrant stuff. Exploring more about the Kazon would be neat, as crappy as they are. Hirogen are already in STO, after all. Talaxians and Ocampas as PCs would be fun as well.
  • jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I was thinking about that, too: missions in the Delta/Gamma Quadrants. And possibly getting EDCs from Hard Defera missions?
  • mistree89mistree89 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'd like to be able to explore more and build colonies using the fleet system. Creating your own settlement and populating it with doffs would be great fun.