test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pre-paid Zen Card?

kquirogakquiroga Member Posts: 11 Arc User
Do they exist? Where can I find one? Gamestop?

Also, any negative experiences using a pre-paid? Is there a hold up in green lighting your purchases in the C-store? Thanks for all responses! :)
Post edited by kquiroga on

Comments

• pr1983pr1983 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    kquiroga wrote: »
    Do they exist? Where can I find one? Gamestop?

Also, any negative experiences using a pre-paid? Is there a hold up in green lighting your purchases in the C-store? Thanks for all responses! :)

They do exist, but they're just generally labelled as Perfect World cards. I work at a big electronics retailer here in Calgary, and we sell them; I'm actually going in today to pick a couple up.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Gamestop, Wallgreens, Riteaid, Walmart, Target, The list goes on. This is the only way I get Zen. It just sucks that If I buy two or more cards, It doesnt count for the Bonus Zen for bulk purchases, as you can only put in one card at a time. (if someone knows a way Let me know. Retailers around me dont carry a card bigger than $20)
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • wmcarsonwmcarson Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Also, be fore warned here in the US....

At walmart, they sell a $10 Zen perfect world card for $10 US. Ditto Best Buy

At Game Stop, SURPRISE (yup that is sarcasm) they charge you something like a $1 fee for every $10. They sell both a $10 Zen card and $20 Zen Card
    |William@wmcarson|Starfleet Reserve|www.StarfleetReserve.com
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    wmcarson wrote: »
    At Game Stop, SURPRISE (yup that is sarcasm) they charge you something like a $1 fee for every $10. They sell both a $10 Zen card and $20 Zen Card

They do? lol i must get lucky i my GS because i bought a $20 and a $10 and paid the $30 it was.

still wish the zen to $ rate was more than 1:1..maybe 2:1 or 1.5:1

sort of sucks trying to grind for dil to get enough for 500 zen.....or a 125 zen LB key.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I guess I am lucky then that my GameStop carries $25 cards. However, they only sell $20 and $25 cards. I'd like to see higher denominations personally. Maybe drop the $20 and just have $10, $25, and $50.
  • ozewaozewa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    wmcarson wrote: »
    Also, be fore warned here in the US....

At walmart, they sell a $10 Zen perfect world card for $10 US. Ditto Best Buy

No, they don't. If they do it is as a result of state or local taxes.

Like... sales tax. We have sales tax here in washington so I had to pay $32.45 for 3 $10 zen cards.

If your gamestop is doing that then you need to report them to corporate. You can look up the store number on their website and alert corporate through their twitter account: https://twitter.com/GAMESTOP
    President of the Amnian Illithid Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC). Please spread the word that the term "Mind Flayer" is a derogatory term to our kind.
  • wmcarsonwmcarson Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    same state, the walmart/best buy/game stop in question. If you guys don't have that prob at your game stop heck..that's awesome.

After buying them at game stop once I just went to walmart and best buy

Michigan (the state in question) does have a 6% sales tax however that has not applied to any 'normal' gift card that i have bought before in the state, and I've bought...unfortunately...to many gift cards....

Maybe they choose to charge a tax, where others don't. But that just seems odd.

One last point..if they choose to charge a fee whats to stop them? After all, all those refillable credit cards charge fees and what not... its their choice, last i checked, probably determined by the contact negotiated between the company selling them and the gift card provider (its not PWE directly, rather some company that just sells them for a bunch of games). And in this case, it might be that game stop's corp structure is such that the decision to charge a fee is determined by the 'zone/district' and not a corporate decision.

Regardless, not trying to start a fight or anything... it is what it is... and quite frankly i'm already over it..after all we are only talking a few dollars i paid one time a month or so ago :)

I guess the moral of the story is ask if there is an 'activation fee' or anything before ya buy right?
    |William@wmcarson|Starfleet Reserve|www.StarfleetReserve.com
  • karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You can buy online the ultimate game card, to get some zen to you or your friends. Only need to reedem later in the sto website
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?