test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maps with the White Comets Slow Game Down

thehiddenthehidden Member Posts: 37 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Graphical and Sound Issues
Since this Season Six bit, any map I go on that has those big, white comets causing the game to crawl, until the comments are not in my view (when they are behind me completely). This goes for STF maps and even a Borg map by clicking that rare red alert box on maps (they need to make that more frequent). My settings are already as low as they can be, yet this is happening on a laptop and desktop. Only since Season Six started, never been an issue before. I do not recall these comets before. Has anyone found what setting in the control panel of the game can hide these comets, or disable their effects? My settings have all already been set to the lowest for maximum performance (of the pre-S6 days). Please assist if you can on what you found may have worked.
Thanks.
Joined STO 20091001. Started playing STO 20120303. Yup, waited 2.5 years for them to go free-to-play. ; Christian, Borg, Time Lord, ninja! I am that hero!
Post edited by thehidden on

Comments

• jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If you are refering to the super large white glowing blobs .... I turned my Bloom right down and it fixed it for me. Never had a Bloom issue before S6.
  • maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jkstocbr wrote: »
    If you are refering to the super large white glowing blobs .... I turned my Bloom right down and it fixed it for me. Never had a Bloom issue before S6.

Turning bloom down -or even completely off- does not fix the issue.

See this thread.
  • richandrewsrichandrews Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Turned the bloom down and now its better, but i still get some fps drop when near the objects
  • djzephyrdjzephyr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If you're talking about these, there's already a thread on them, but the more the merrier.

I too am experiencing the big white comets/auras/blobs-of-framerate-dewm in various maps, and on my low-spec rig, the effects of turning bloom off are negligible. I have found a temporary solution- switch on the 'half resolution' option if you encounter them- looks terrible, but it'll at least be playable.

Really hope this gets fixed soon, along with the performance issues I've been having on several other maps (Kelvanni belt, Athena system).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Big Home-Built Beast:
    AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz Hex-Core, 8GB DDR3 RAM
    MSI GeForce GTX 650 TI, 5.1-channel audio
    Windows 7 Home Premium
  • thehiddenthehidden Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    My bloom is already disabled in quality, but the slider was on 100%. Put the intensity down to 0% but those balls of game-slow-down still pop up. Finally entered my first Borg sector fight in a week (you know when you click the red alert box and enter the map, all the Borg are already gone). Everything is 0 or disabled. Not sure what else to do. Might as well just uninstall this game. Not worth the headaches.
    Joined STO 20091001. Started playing STO 20120303. Yup, waited 2.5 years for them to go free-to-play. ; Christian, Borg, Time Lord, ninja! I am that hero!
    edited August 2012
    Half-res. Will try that.
    edited August 2012
    djzephyr, I tried your half-res method. Seems to work. Everything blurry, but yes, playable (for the moment).
  • starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    hope this gets a fix soon as is putin me off playing some missions...