test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

exchange item type filters are broken

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited August 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Searches using the item type filters (All, Bridge Officers, Commodities, Data Samples, etc....) seem to be broken. The listings returned by All and by specific filters do not always match. Sometimes All will have the lowest priced listings available and sometimes the specific filter will. And sometimes the listings match.

(sort is by price, any rank, any quality) I have noticed this mostly for data samples but also for boffs.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I am seeing this too.
    When i search on the exchange I'm not sure if I'm getting the best deal or if im buying something pages from the cheapest price. The exchange really needs a look at
  • Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It looks like what is happening is that when there are too many matches (over 400?), the system is grabbing the first 400 matches, and THEN sorting them by price. What is should be doing is sorting ALL the matches by price, and then returning the lowest 400.

If I put something up for auction (like a Duty Officer) that is lower than the lowest listed price, and then search for the item, it doesn't always show up. But I know it's available to buy, because if I search for it directly by name, then it does show up.

Definitely bugged, and a different behavior than before. I hope this gets fixed soon because I can't sell anything.
  • Options
    therealcrinostherealcrinos Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have reported problems with the exchange filters several times, the first 12-16 months ago. Still suffering from the same problem.

And I don't think it's related to having over 400 items.

Example: Searching for Strange Alien Artifacts.

If I search by just name "strange" I get 69 results, lowest being 900,000 EC.
    If I add quality type "rare" I get 253 results, lowest being 793,000 EC.
    If I add item type "data samples" I get 400+ results, cheapest being 750,000 EC.

Really it's a huge pain in the hindquaters having to do 3-4 searches to buy/sell each item.
    And if I wasn't aware of the problem I'd be 150,000EC poorer.

I'm not a programmer but I guess it might have something to do with the filters you have on in your Buy window when you list the items in your Sell window. If that's the case then people could be exploiting this.

Just reported it again, submitted ticket ID #1,377,536.

FIX IT KPLZTHX!!!