test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Minefield - Bird-of-Prey Spawn Point

trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
edited August 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
When first entering the Sierra II system, you come across three groups of patrols. On the middle one, when you first approach, only one Scorpion Fighter is visible.

When you get close enough, the rest decloak... but the Bird-of-Prey with that group spawns INSIDE an asteroid. Only half of the ship is visible, but no matter what angle, we can't fire at the ship, unless we had indirect damage abilities.

It however, can fire back with plasma beams. Any attempt for the heavy plasma torpedo though gets stuck inside the asteroid as well.

Since we need to destroy all ships to progress, this is a mission-breaking bug.

Note: dropping the mission, letting the map reset, etc... all of these have had no change on the bird-of-prey's spawn location.
Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
Post edited by trek21 on

Comments

• hazzwrighthazzwright Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    trek21 wrote: »
    When first entering the Sierra II system, you come across three groups of patrols. On the middle one, when you first approach, only one Scorpion Fighter is visible.

When you get close enough, the rest decloak... but the Bird-of-Prey with that group spawns INSIDE an asteroid. Only half of the ship is visible, but no matter what angle, we can't fire at the ship, unless we had indirect damage abilities.

It however, can fire back with plasma beams. Any attempt for the heavy plasma torpedo though gets stuck inside the asteroid as well.

Since we need to destroy all ships to progress, this is a mission-breaking bug.

Note: dropping the mission, letting the map reset, etc... all of these have had no change on the bird-of-prey's spawn location.
    I'm having the exact same problem, I can take out all of the birds of prey bar the one stuck in the asteroid and my only method of even remotely damaging it is launching mines at it but it's shields just soak up and damage they do
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    hazzwright wrote: »
    I'm having the exact same problem, I can take out all of the birds of prey bar the one stuck in the asteroid and my only method of even remotely damaging it is launching mines at it but it's shields just soak up and damage they do
    Very true.

Other than mines, the only hull-damaging ability that actually has a shot at working is Eject Warp Plasma... but when you first play through the mission, it's more likely than not that you don't have a high-enough Engineering Boff level to slot it. And even if you do, the chances of actually having it are slim, because of the choices.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • hazzwrighthazzwright Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Haha yeah I'm pretty sure I don't have that
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Getting the same bug. Tried it twice today and both times it's in the asteroid un-killable but able to shoot me.

It seems to be a bad time to bring up a new toon, as I keep running into missions that aren't completable and having to level through other means.

Being a Sci toon I might see if repulser beams or something else can shove it out... though I don't have much Expertise/BOff skill points to spend.

Transphasic mines, if available at this level, might get enough through it's shields, since mines can hit it.
  • williamz101williamz101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm having this problem too. Waited three days to see if it had been fixed and it still hasn't. When will this be fixed? :(
  • omniusexoromniusexor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    same problem here
    this mission IS broken ...
  • owlbear33owlbear33 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am having this problem also, my only success was letting the other birds of pray blow me up while i'm right next to the trapped warbird, not damaging its shields but only its hull (down to 90%), but by the time i had respawned it has repaird itself
    edited July 2012
    It's not the only mission that's broken, but it's not completely broken, only specific parts of it (like Second Wave's endless loop at the end, otherwise it's completely fine)

Playing a new character, I've had to skip right past this mission, even as it stays in my To-Do missions. And my next mission is Second Wave...

Well, I'm high enough in my XP already that I could probably skip it anyway.
    Was named Trek17.

• futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I, too, noticed that a BoP spawns inside an asteroid. However, it's not one of the three groups you have to destroy to complete the mission, so you can ignore it.
    edited July 2012
    I, too, noticed that a BoP spawns inside an asteroid. However, it's not one of the three groups you have to destroy to complete the mission, so you can ignore it.
    Well, now I feel stupid... but I'll get over it.

The problem is, there's no clue that it's one of the groups you can ignore. People might assume all the closest groups are part of the objectives. And then run into this bug, and if they somehow managed to defeat them all, find they didn't contribute to the objective and get confused.
    Was named Trek17.

• nevertoooldnevertooold Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    +1 for the bird of prey stuck in the asteroid
  • patrokoluspatrokolus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Encountered the bug with Bop stuck in the asteroid yesterday. At the same time another odd bug happen. Whenever a BoP shot a heavy plasma torp at me it bounced off and hit another BoP. Sometimes the torp went straight back to the shooter and blew him up.
    Never saw this before... I was able to finish the mission though
  • koihimenakamurakoihimenakamura Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    patrokolus wrote: »
    Encountered the bug with Bop stuck in the asteroid yesterday. At the same time another odd bug happen. Whenever a BoP shot a heavy plasma torp at me it bounced off and hit another BoP. Sometimes the torp went straight back to the shooter and blew him up.
    Never saw this before... I was able to finish the mission though

Same here. I just let the torps bounce back at it.