test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Slowly losing purchased items with every season patch

the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
edited August 2012 in C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
I know I'm not the only one dealing with this issue because I've spoken with many a person on your game in chat and in fleet about this very issue. Somehow as your seasons advance and with each new change made to the game I'm losing ships i've purchased with money (not credits as your department has claimed). Your database system is flawed as with everyone I've spoken with you have lost the data controlling the store per account since your merge to PWE. For example, I purchased the Long Range Science Vessel (Voyager Basically) via the Cstore and got the console, i purchased it at the time for real money, it was to be available for all of my characters, now since season 6 has been loaded it wants me to pay the 2000 points for it once again. Someone there needs to look into this because I have a feeling people will be reporting this company to the BBB due to lack of customer support and lose of money. It's one thing if it were a simple isolated incident but it's obviously something wrong that's affecting multiple accounts and needs to be corrected immediately. They are small purchases but it adds up to large amounts over time.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mjrobinsonmjrobinson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Have you tried claiming it from both the Ship Requisition console, and/or checking both the Ships and Legacy Unlocks tabs in the C-store when you're logged in? A lot of stuff shows up for free under Legacy Unlocks, but still wants points if you look elsewhere in the store if you bought it under an earlier iteration of the C-Store.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yeah its definitely not in the legacy unlocks and there are three ships involved in this error. The thing is they aren't admitting to the problem and are giving me the run around auto message about the issue telling me i didn't purchase what i purchased and im not the only one in my fleet or in sector space with this issue since they switched to Zen in the store. The database is corrupt and i am not spending another dime in their store until they fix my ship availability. Intrepid, bellerophon, advanced science vessel (nebula commander) are all not available to me anymore suddenly.

The thing is if they actually investigated the issue they would see there's something wrong with their database, what's insulting to me and to everyone else posting about this same issue on these forums is that there isn't a next tier of support to contact, there's just tier 1 support for it and all we get is a huge delay in getting a response (really does it take 10 days to answer a ticket really?) and then when we get something back it's that nonsense (well our records show blah blah blabitty blah complete nonsense) and nothing is done about it. If they treat their lifetime members this way imagine how they are treating their F2P members that spent more money in the store?
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    hope this does not hit my Kar'fi ... ((bumps))
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It is interesting that Cryptic does not issue receipts for in-game purchases. This practice is extremely unfriendly to the consumer and I doubt the courts would look upon it favorably if some kind of civil dispute arose.

And, in many States, filing a civil suit in small claims court (where lawyers often are not allowed) is quite easy and cheap. In your particular case, the filing fees might be more than the actual amount of money in question, but there is the possibility of being awarded the fees plus your time, plus in some cases, punitive damages.

Since Cryptic does not issue receipts, there is a good chance to win if Cryptic cannot provide a detailed and accurate accounting of all money you spent on the game and what it was used for. It might not be a good use of your time, but you should at least know about this option if you really want to pursue the issue.

Quite frankly, the fact that Cryptic does not issue consumers receipts for the items they purchase is quite disturbing and certainly would not be favorable to them in any legal proceedings.
  • theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It is interesting that Cryptic does not issue receipts for in-game purchases. This practice is extremely unfriendly to the consumer and I doubt the courts would look upon it favorably if some kind of civil dispute arose.

And, in many States, filing a civil suit in small claims court (where lawyers often are not allowed) is quite easy and cheap. In your particular case, the filing fees might be more than the actual amount of money in question, but there is the possibility of being awarded the fees plus your time, plus in some cases, punitive damages.

Since Cryptic does not issue receipts, there is a good chance to win if Cryptic cannot provide a detailed and accurate accounting of all money you spent on the game and what it was used for. It might not be a good use of your time, but you should at least know about this option if you really want to pursue the issue.

Quite frankly, the fact that Cryptic does not issue consumers receipts for the items they purchase is quite disturbing and certainly would not be favorable to them in any legal proceedings.

Good post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
    edited July 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
  • scazzzascazzza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I was just coming here to say I noticed my Dacoit Flight Deck Cruiser is missing from my Klingon side. I purchased him ages ago, I believe before the change to level 25 klingon starting level and the ship vanished from my hanger. I tried looking to see if there is a purchase history but the Zen store pops up when i click it, and despite buying **** with zen in the past week, it shows nothing in there (what a stupid system). Last year I had a weapon go missing and the GM told me I was SOL if I recall (I would check the ticket but my GM ticket list has suddenly bcome blank...).

Oh and just checked, I bought the Koro't'inga from the Cstore and I'm currently flying in it. When I went to the customize ship guy, it tells me i have to buy it to get the actual skin... So that might be 2 missing...

Havn't even checked Fed side, but i have a ton of rare ships (Pretty much maxed out ship slots with purchased Cstore points)...
  • ikenstein1ikenstein1 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Not worth buying anything from Cryptic. They just take it back with no warning or explanation.
    edited August 2012
    still waiting on the GM response to see if they will actually unlock this ship. It's been almost three weeks now since i first wrote a GM about it. I put in a second ticket asking what was taking so long. It really shouldn't take this long to get a ship unlocked when even the GM said they found the receipt for it.
  • kquirogakquiroga Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Ugh! This is rather alarming! :confused:

Was going to support this game by purchasing some pre-paid cards to unlock a few C-store items but after reading this, not too sure.

It's almost like buyer beware!

Hard to believe there's no record of your purchase?! I'd hate to spend my money and have my items disappear on me.
    edited August 2012
    kquiroga wrote: »
    Ugh! This is rather alarming! :confused:

Was going to support this game by purchasing some pre-paid cards to unlock a few C-store items but after reading this, not too sure.

It's almost like buyer beware!

Hard to believe there's no record of your purchase?! I'd hate to spend my money and have my items disappear on me.

Exactly. Tonight i discovered why they haven't responded to me. I was told to send a screenshot of the ship in the store that was to be unlocked. I did so. I received a reply from them an hour later only to discover that in the message of the reply, they never received the screenshot. How stupid does a company have to be, to design a game to make a screenshot at a particular size and shape and file size and then not update their email systems to receive an email of that size. SERIOUSLY? THAT's the reason you haven't returned my emails is due to the file size of the screenshot of YOUR OWN GAME not being received?! SMH