test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The patch that fixed nothing and broke more stuff

evilgenius180evilgenius180 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Wow, this is fantastic. I download a patch, wait for the server to be back up and then log in to find that the patch fixed NOTHING and broke more stuff.

New bugs:

1. The character creator and tailors no longer allow us to select certain items for our characters including: earrings, rank insignia and badges. (probably more than that, but that's what I found)

2. E-mails won't delete.

There are probably more, but I got mad and stopped playing.

Bugs from the last patch:

1. I can't claim my level 51 F2P Beta testing reward. The game keeps telling me my inventory is full, but it's not and nothing in that reward even goes into the inventory.

2. The "help" system is bugged. Whether or not you tell the game to hide the "help popups," the help boxes pop up with no text in them.

Since you apparently can't be bothered to fix what are probably a couple simple bugs and you've created more, I won't be playing this game again until these are resolved. :mad:
Post edited by evilgenius180 on

Comments

• mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    At least you folks are patching. As soon as the launcher goes into patch mode, I get bumped off line from here.

They didn't change over the file delivery method, did that? Like moved it from directly from their servers to peer to peer? The network I'm on has "protections" against that although one can usually get around that.

I'm familiar with Pando although I don;t see that running right off.

In other words, we're not patching via a torrent/file sharing like method, are we?

edit: Actually had to fire up a ssh connection to get out to get here and back into my support ticket system. The local proxy is blocking me now although it;s webbased only.
  • jonbanbergerjonbanberger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Even better.... the log in page says my password/ log in is invalid... and theyre making things better how?
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    On the plus side, KDF characters can do their Lore dailies again.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    another bug : the UI doesn't display all the stats on most of the suits you get from nukara.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • evilgenius180evilgenius180 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Even better.... the log in page says my password/ log in is invalid... and theyre making things better how?

Are you using a Cryptic account or a Perfect World account? Apparently, they've made the Cryptic account names case sensitive, so you may need to capitalize or not capitalize something. :rolleyes:
  • renegadeforeverrenegadeforever Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Wow, this is fantastic. I download a patch, wait for the server to be back up and then log in to find that the patch fixed NOTHING and broke more stuff.

New bugs:

1. The character creator and tailors no longer allow us to select certain items for our characters including: earrings, rank insignia and badges. (probably more than that, but that's what I found)

2. E-mails won't delete.

1. I can't claim my level 51 F2P Beta testing reward. The game keeps telling me my inventory is full, but it's not and nothing in that reward even goes into the inventory.

2. The "help" system is bugged. Whether or not you tell the game to hide the "help popups," the help boxes pop up with no text in them.

Since you apparently can't be bothered to fix what are probably a couple simple bugs and you've created more, I won't be playing this game again until these are resolved. :mad:

What was the patch for.? To advertize more to sell cause it sure did'nt fix a thing. I may or may not be back.
  • jamiedarcyjamiedarcy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    At least you folks are patching. As soon as the launcher goes into patch mode, I get bumped off line from here.

They didn't change over the file delivery method, did that? Like moved it from directly from their servers to peer to peer? The network I'm on has "protections" against that although one can usually get around that.

I'm familiar with Pando although I don;t see that running right off.

In other words, we're not patching via a torrent/file sharing like method, are we?

edit: Actually had to fire up a ssh connection to get out to get here and back into my support ticket system. The local proxy is blocking me now although it;s webbased only.

Getting all those bugs, also getting a window option in the design options tap when I try to redesign my Yellowstone when i hit it, the window of the shuttle and windows tap itself disappear so i cant change it back same goes with open versions of costumes (there chests disappear also)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • burchenallburchenall Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have to add, something I just noticed (besides the mails not deleting except for the "sale expired ones") when you click to change the window type on your ship, the button disappears.

And in the taylor when you change some colours on clothes (i.e.: pants) , other clothe's colours change too (i.e.: you change one colour on your pants and it auto changes too on the jackett). Also when you change the eye colour it changes other colours from the face or the head too.
  • deceon55deceon55 Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So situation normal then?
  • cushionridecushionride Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ship skins in the shipyard are bugged also, windows cant be changed, my ship reverts sometimes after i change it. hey cryptic, a word of advise PLAYTEST the patches :P
  • beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Oh, for crying out loud. I discovered this just now. After buying the TOS uniform pack >_<
    What was the patch for.? To advertize more to sell cause it sure did'nt fix a thing. I may or may not be back.

The link they gave to retrieve account info works but wqhen you enter an email addy, it bugs to a page saying that it cannot find a file or server.

As far as I know, my account name is exactly what shows at login but it won't let me in.
  • es0archeres0archer Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ship skins in the shipyard are bugged also, windows cant be changed, my ship reverts sometimes after i change it. hey cryptic, a word of advise PLAYTEST the patches :P

You do realise WHO your talking about...right? When did they EVER test anything and still made live? Always! I said it once and will say it again, they will mess with their AWESOME game engine (/sarcasm off) so much that it will one day just Blow apart...we are seeing signs of it...one fix...broke 10 other features.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lifetime member.......not proud of it!
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited July 2012

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=329101
  • miloguyaussiemiloguyaussie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i just noticed the thing about the uniforms after last nights patch
    when i got a new dof.. couldn't put or find away to put the ensign insignia thingy on either

and i too tonite cant log in , getting bounced off the server or what ever

i hate patch days...
    why why why???
    Milo Knight -Star fleet Engineer

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Today's patch fixed the mail bug. The others I listed still aren't fixed, as I'm sure ones that other players listed aren't either. So, I'm still not playing the game. :mad: (I literally played long enough to test all of the bugs I listed)
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So, I'm still not playing the game.\

That'll show 'em! :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So that my thread doesn't get bumped into oblivion: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=329521

The Sompek bridge is now completely broken- toon ALWAYS beams into the floor to waist level on visiting bridge. Workaround no longer works- bridge completely useless.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    edited July 2012
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    That'll show 'em! :rolleyes:

I never said I was trying to show them anything. :rolleyes: I'm the one who's missing out here because I really like this game. Though, I guess I could try the KDF side and see if the bugs over there are as annoying as they were last time I played KDF.
  • manzorianmanzorian Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012

New bugs:

2. E-mails won't delete.

Add this LOVELY bug to your list:

When trying to change Windows on your ship at the Customize Your Ship NPC Vendor, the game removes ALL windows on the hull of your ship. This applies to ALL ships types & all classes. I tested this lovely bug on my Science, Engineering, & Tactical characters.

Cryptic aka PWE creates MORE bugs then fixes in this game. Truly shows the lack of quality we get in this game.
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, I've found the window bug in the ship customizer also. :rolleyes:

On the KDF side, things are even more lovely. My Orion science officer is supposed to have bare legs. Instead, she has no legs. I updated my graphics driver and it's still that way. I've never had this problem playing KDF with bare-legged Orions before. :rolleyes:
  • beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, I've found the window bug in the ship customizer also. :rolleyes:

On the KDF side, things are even more lovely. My Orion science officer is supposed to have bare legs. Instead, she has no legs. I updated my graphics driver and it's still that way. I've never had this problem playing KDF with bare-legged Orions before. :rolleyes:

Oddly, my Caitian only has no-legs with one outfit. The other two skirt outfits are okay.

And, since it's happening to an Orion on KDF, I guess it's not related to that particular skirt.
    I could try the KDF side and see if the bugs over there are as annoying as they were last time I played KDF.

I created a KDF toon precisely right after S6 launch and the bugs are all the same.
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, the "bare skin" bug apparently applies to both factions. I tried some skirts and the TOS mirror uniforms on one of my boffs and parts of her disappeared also. So, add that one to the list. Yet more things that I paid for that I can't use due to bugs. Thanks Cryptic. :mad:
  • matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'd like to point out that, for the record, the Launcher's file verification system AT BEST does not work.

Right after the S6 launch patch, I would CTD every time the game tried to display my character. Tested it by creating a new account and trying to create a new character. Same CTD as it tried to display the 3D models.

Forced Verify after each and every CTD.

Finally got tired of it and re-downloaded and re-installed. Spent an entire night re-patching, and finally managed to get into the game without crashing.

So yeah, it's quite likely something went wrong with your patching process. Like a politician, the Launcher will never admit that it made a mistake.