What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starbase Incursion pointers

2»

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    aexrael wrote: »
    After running the mission some more, I'm pretty certain the timer and the captain are tied together.

The Captain starts his Progress Bar at a set Timer interval, so the faster you finish stage 2 the more time you have to clear the two guard spawns allowing you to drop the force field and subsequently kill the captain.
    so if you don't kill the sabs in part 2 quickly you have no chance at the Captain? Sounds about right. Most of my groups have had horrible issues with part 2 due to splitting up way too much.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    so if you don't kill the sabs in part 2 quickly you have no chance at the Captain? Sounds about right. Most of my groups have had horrible issues with part 2 due to splitting up way too much.

Yes. Stage 2 really benefits from splitting up however, or at least duoing so one gets shot while the other assassinates the Saboteur.

Just did a mission, ~24 sabs on stage 1, blew through stage 2, got captain and the boss with 1 min 10 seconds left on the timer, 34 marks total split over 4, 25, 2, 3.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    you bring in boffs you LOG OUT

and if you were pugging with me you will either work as a team or find yourself left behind

we aren't all bullet monkeys
    Live long and Prosper
  • drasketodrasketo Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sollvax wrote: »

and if you were pugging with me you will either work as a team or find yourself left behind

Dude. I should play incursion with you every time. Its so freaking hard to get people to not follow me around like silly little puppies.
    edited July 2012
    Best to plan ahead of time
    usually I prefer to take near right
    but I can handle any zone

as long as people coordinate its fairly easy
    Live long and Prosper
  • attizzattizz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sollvax wrote: »

Log out? My teammembers would be very pleased I think...

Today I really tried not to stealth away with a pug-team. We managed to get 2 sabs, some of the other guys didn't even know where to find them, 2 not listening to the chat. I don't see how that could help someone more then the over way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"What are his rights in this century? Will there be a trial or shall I execute him?" - Worf
    edited July 2012
    would be nice if we could actually walk round there in good lighting

why doesn't the turbo lift go to the cargo bay
    Live long and Prosper
  • aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    attizz wrote: »
    Log out? My teammembers would be very pleased I think...

Today I really tried not to stealth away with a pug-team. We managed to get 2 sabs, some of the other guys didn't even know where to find them, 2 not listening to the chat. I don't see how that could help someone more then the over way.

Unfortunately 99% of the pugs can't handle stage 2 even with all 5 players are there, sure if the team was coherent it would be a fast sweep past all four sabs in a row just running and gunning as you go. Soloing them seems more efficient in a PUG because of the time restraint on the Captain.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The best I have ever do9ne is shown here. This is definitely my favorite of the new FA maps though so the maps in the OP will definitely help.
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    As a tac who often PUGs I almost always stealth, I'd prefer to not to but a good stealth and a bad stealth are different things. I can kill the close left, far left and far right 4 out of 5 times without agroing any of the mobs. The close right is a run for your life situation.. I avoid that.

It completely amazes me watching idiots run around the room shooting turrets and other random enemies and then walking right by the saboteurs because they aren't shooting back... unbelievable. These are the same people that bolt into an area in round 2 and start the timer off in round 3 with 2 people still dead.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, I do the same. It really seems to be the only way to get 4/4 now....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I never use stealth tbh. Never have.
    I'm a tac and I always use the fire team kit with mk xi maco gear with a mk xii polaron pulsewave. I normally do pretty well, managing to nail 2 single handedly with the rest of the team getting the other two.

I always hit my buffs just prior to going in. Everything including suppressing fire and tac initiative. I then select the pulsewave, jump into fps mode and go run in. When I see the first big cluster of enemies I will hit the secondary mode and maybe throw in a plasma grenade. The suppressing fire will debuff their speed just enough for me to sprint past and get to the saboteur. As long as I'm quick I can get into a position where I can hit the sabo without taking flanking fire from the mobs and my damage buffs will still be up. It might take 5 or 6 hits but with the maco shield capacitor power you can pretty much last twice as long.
    Once the sabo goes down I run like a bat out of hell back to the nearest hallway and hide behind the pillar just long enough for my shields to come back up.
    Rinse repeat as required.

I normally take out at least two and don't die. This is a pretty risky tactic, you either pull it off in spectacular fashion or fall at the first hurdle.
    I need a beer.

edited August 2012
    yeah, distracting them seems to be the best tactic really. One trick I've seen Engs use is to drop turrets on one side and wait for the mob to attack the turrets then run around the other side.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing