test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No-Win Scenario Discussion!

travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So, I've had the opportunity to run through No-Win Scenario. . .and the name is apt. All three times, the freighter gets destroyed by round 4 or 5, even with a dedicated tank player to heal it.

Now, I won't pretend to know the full reason for this, as I'm often too focused on fighting the lag and enemy ships. . .but the impression I'm getting is that by round 4 or 5, the enemy ships are spawning within 10 km of the freighter, and firing bio-neural warheads, high-density plasma torps, along with all the other ordinance. The defenders don't get a chance to 'head 'em off' before they shoot at the freighter.

So. . .let's pool thoughts. Any ideas as to how we're supposed to keep the silly freighter from getting blown to bits? Even laying down covering fire in the form of scatter shot probably won't handle it, since they're using more than just destructible stuff on the freighter.
My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
Post edited by travelingmaster on

Comments

• paradise1killerparadise1killer Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Our fleet ( pvp orianted) got threw 6 and died at the start of 7 in are first try before servers went down. In a pug it will be really hard to get to 5. Past 5 your going to need specific CC builds and teamwork/ teamspeak.

TBR
    Grav
    EWP

and a dedicated healer are just some basics.

Iam sure stratagys will arise. I can tell you this I will never do it again in a pug this isnt elites, its elites on crack and teamwork is a must and in a pug thats like seeing Santa Claus.
    Nova Core
    ParadiseKiller

House of Beautiful Orions
    Zeadonouse
    ToLate
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Our fleet ( pvp orianted) got threw 6 and died at the start of 7 in are first try before servers went down. In a pug it will be really hard to get to 5. Past 5 your going to need specific CC builds and teamwork/ teamspeak.

TBR
    Grav
    EWP

and a dedicated healer are just some basics.

Iam sure stratagys will arise. I can tell you this I will never do it again in a pug this isnt elites, its elites on crack and teamwork is a must and in a pug thats like seeing Santa Claus.

Yeah, we've been asking for a real challenge for some time now, and we finally got one. Looks good, too, and I hope they'll eventually expand it to cover more scenarios, necessitating in more problem-solving :D
  • alexrayu23alexrayu23 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My impression from participating at No-Win is that it is really irritating how enemy ships sometimes appear in the firing distance of a civilian ship, and concentrate on it. Unless you are playing with a pre-organized team and with a "healer", but if you are playing with random set of playes, you simply, end up losing. And the feeling that you have from it is that it has jest been unfair, spawning within 10km range and shooting the torpedoes.

I think that should be fixed. there should be at least 15-20 km distance, so that a player could try to keep them away from the civilian ship. Surely, there are ways to overflow and overpower the team without spawning the enemy within 10km range!

Please fix!
  • thoroonthoroon Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Some projectiles can be shot down, and if you did it right in the waves before, the freighter has enough live to survive. Then its up to you to be fast.
    Waves are predictable, so if you take your time, learning what spawns when, you get more and more successes.

After all the idea behind No Win is a scenario you have to learn the hard way.
    (Kobayashi Maru Style)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    alexrayu23 wrote: »
    My impression from participating at No-Win is that it is really irritating how enemy ships sometimes appear in the firing distance of a civilian ship, and concentrate on it. Unless you are playing with a pre-organized team and with a "healer", but if you are playing with random set of playes, you simply, end up losing. And the feeling that you have from it is that it has jest been unfair, spawning within 10km range and shooting the torpedoes.

I think that should be fixed. there should be at least 15-20 km distance, so that a player could try to keep them away from the civilian ship. Surely, there are ways to overflow and overpower the team without spawning the enemy within 10km range!

Please fix!

You know what no-win scenario means right? :rolleyes:
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
    edited July 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »

Precisely. I wasn't particularly complaining that they're doing that. I enjoy a challenge, in a game where a fair challenge is hard to find. I mentioned it as an observation, and was hoping to spark discussion as to how best to counter said computer tactic. In the end, I don't think this will be the kind of scenario suitable for pugs, even if the pugs are good. You have to have the right setup and a team willing to plan things out.
    edited July 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    And you tell me, that no-win means that enemy shipd have to appear within the firing range, and no further? :rolleyes:
    edited July 2012
    Precisely. I wasn't particularly complaining that they're doing that. I enjoy a challenge, in a game where a fair challenge is hard to find.
    I am not against a hard challenge. But don' tell me you can't make it hard without having the enemies respawn in the firing range! You can add 2 or 3 ships and compensate for that. It's not the issue of making it less hard. And I am not saying it's not playable - it is. But I personally do find this specific thing irritating and unpleasant.
  • shimmerlessshimmerless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You'd really need two dedicated healers in Sci ships (or maybe Odys) to get much further past ~7. The spawns become so profligate and so close to the freighter that it's instadeath without copious ES3, TSS3, ET3 etc.

I haven't worked out what the strat for DPS would be. I've heard Scramble Sensors for messing up the bio-neural warheads but I'm not sure if it actually triggers or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Precisely. I wasn't particularly complaining that they're doing that. I enjoy a challenge, in a game where a fair challenge is hard to find. I mentioned it as an observation, and was hoping to spark discussion as to how best to counter said computer tactic. In the end, I don't think this will be the kind of scenario suitable for pugs, even if the pugs are good. You have to have the right setup and a team willing to plan things out.

Pets in intercept mode with the right doffs should do the job then.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • ryanevryanev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    alexrayu23 wrote: »
    And you tell me, that no-win means that enemy shipd have to appear within the firing range, and no further? :rolleyes:

It's up to the Devs to decide if it's fair or not.
    Your task is to make the best out of impossible situation.
    Pampering you to spawn the enemies further will compensate for slower reactions on your team's part and will will buy you 1 wave at most.
    But once they start nerfing the mission because of such "problems", it's will quickly scale down in difficulty to the level it was before the first fix for it on tribble.
    edited July 2012
    You'd really need two dedicated healers in Sci ships (or maybe Odys) to get much further past ~7. The spawns become so profligate and so close to the freighter that it's instadeath without copious ES3, TSS3, ET3 etc.

I haven't worked out what the strat for DPS would be. I've heard Scramble Sensors for messing up the bio-neural warheads but I'm not sure if it actually triggers or not.

In terms of DPS, I'd definitely say AoE effects are the way to go. Torp spread with transphasic, scatter shot, gravity well/tykens rift, etc. Heck, even photonic shockwave can buy a few seconds if you knock 'em away from the freighter.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I played No-win twice today, and the reason is simple. The enemies go crazy on Bio-neural warheads. Your best bet is transphasic weapons, repulsers, tractor beams, warp plasma, anything to slow them down, sotp them, or push them away.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • redrickyredricky Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    In terms of DPS, I'd definitely say AoE effects are the way to go. Torp spread with transphasic, scatter shot, gravity well/tykens rift, etc. Heck, even photonic shockwave can buy a few seconds if you knock 'em away from the freighter.

PSW is not for the knockback. Subspace decompiler will up the stun, and Particle Generators will get you damage. The KB is minor.

TBR is what you want for knockback. High Aux with decent Graviton Generators will get you 8 km per pulse, 3 enemies per pulse.

I think zone denial by 1 or 2 dedicated TBR users who are also throwing heals leaves the rest to dps down more manageable groups of NPCs.
    edited July 2012
    Will the bioneural platforms keep spitting out waves of warheads or does the platform need to be destroyed?

Tried going after the platform but those automated defense turrets on the warheads AND platform were killer. Standard turret firing arc but seemingly stronger than PC turrets and with antiproton damage type. Managed to get a platform to 60% after blowing up in its face. 30sec respawn timer :( Any way to disable those platforms to keep them from tossing out warheads for a bit?
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What factions have you guys encountered in No Win Scenario? I seem to be running into only Klingons, Orions, Breen, and Romulans. Are there more?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • deusemperordeusemperor Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'M thinking that it could be possible with 2 healer oddys, two repulsor/healers, and one dps? You basically can't die or you are screwed because of that timer. :(
  • rajathomasrajathomas Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Here's my suggestions

Round 5 - TBR keeping targets as much as possible in X axis, (a bit of Z axis is OK and unavoidable, Y axis means you should not use reuplsors) immediately fire GW after repulse to get the attacking group back into proximity and then TACs + team focus fire. Kill groups this way then move to another. If team scatters and takes up seperate groups themselves you wont get far, Team must focus fire and eliminate attacking groups. Two healers stick by freighter while this is going on and assisting where possible throwing EWP or theta around to slow things down.
    izf25xI.jpg
  • sfreedom1sfreedom1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'M thinking that it could be possible with 2 healer oddys, two repulsor/healers, and one dps? You basically can't die or you are screwed because of that timer. :(

Any enemy faction from what i understand. I have encounter nassician, breen, and fek'lhir.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sfreedom1 wrote: »
    Any enemy faction from what i understand. I have encounter nassician, breen, and fek'lhir.

You quoted the wrong post. ;)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone