test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gold VS silver

sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
I am a gold player and have been unable to play do to overwhelming of eta with 3 new thing s in one zone
thie issue I am having is I can't get on to server or can't find que too many silver

I know this is touchy subject class warfare so be it i do not care
you are silver you move to the back
gold plays first the price you pay for going f2P something needs to be done and fast

fix the network!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    can you relocat starbases fed to regulus and KDF to PI Canis might cut down the load consolidate your fleets 1 fleet does not need 12 seperate fleets this is the main issue
    the server can't sustain all the extra starbases if the 77th is doing it you can to it helps you in the long run
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    you can expand pvp into those zones which rarely get used
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You pay how much to be Gold ? what is that $15 a month.
    As a silver player I have dropped minimum $30 a month on this game. A few months, much more. Just buying C points so I can support the game.

As a gold member you already get preference in the que. And I likely pay more per month than you.

Take a chill pill, man.
    Rather than trying to stir up nonsensical Us Vs Them idiocy, why not join your voice to the rest of us (Gold and Silver alike) who are instead calling for Cryptic to improve the servers themselves so this doesn't happen to any of us.

See while your solution may be, I'm the important one, I'm Gold. Lets TRIBBLE over the silvers, my approach is very different. I'd rather see all of us benefit from all of us helping the same improvements happen.

So , go on hating me because i am a Silver who probably pays more than you. I know when you are gold you must look at us as so unfortunate. OR try and look at things from outside your little rage box. We're a community around here. At least we strive to be.

Take such talk of seperating us for your convienience elsewhere.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Man, when he finds out all the silvers had a meeting last Friday and agreed to do exactly that, his head is gonna go asplodey.
    <3
  • retunred4goodretunred4good Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    A little shameless self-bumping there?
    -It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain.
  • piwright42piwright42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    hippiejon wrote: »
    As a silver player I have dropped minimum $30 a month on this game. A few months, much more. Just buying C points so I can support the game.

As a gold member you already get preference in the que. And I likely pay more per month than you.

Take a chill pill, man.
    Rather than trying to stir up nonsensical Us Vs Them idiocy, why not join your voice to the rest of us (Gold and Silver alike) who are instead calling for Cryptic to improve the servers themselves so this doesn't happen to any of us.

See while your solution may be, I'm the important one, I'm Gold. Lets TRIBBLE over the silvers, my approach is very different. I'd rather see all of us benefit from all of us helping the same improvements happen.

So , go on hating me because i am a Silver who probably pays more than you. I know when you are gold you must look at us as so unfortunate. OR try and look at things from outside your little rage box. We're a community around here. At least we strive to be.

I'm a gold and I like how this silver thinks.

No matter how you cut it we are all players. We should stand together.
    If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
    They taste the same.
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    piwright42 wrote: »
    I'm a gold and I like how this silver thinks.

No matter how you cut it we are all players. We should stand together.

I agree I was once Silver, now I'm Gold. There really aren't a lot of incentives for Gold, hence why we have so many Silvers. But at the end of the day we are all gamers and the servers really need to be improved. For a professional game, it's a disgrace and Cryptic/PWE really need to start investing more in fixing the game rather than just tacking on more things that usually come out broken anyways.

Fix the foundations before building up I say!
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • laytinlaytin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sean2448 wrote: »
    I am a gold player and have been unable to play do to overwhelming of eta with 3 new thing s in one zone
    thie issue I am having is I can't get on to server or can't find que too many silver

I know this is touchy subject class warfare so be it i do not care
    you are silver you move to the back
    gold plays first the price you pay for going f2P something needs to be done and fast

fix the network!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, and lifers should get all the stuff on the C-Store for free because they are better then those low-down monthly subscribers!

Get over it man, if you aren't happy with the Gold service, then go to Silver because they've made it pretty obvious that selling subscriptions isn't their goal.

Also, maybe Silver players aren't the issue. I'm assuming you're new to the game because things usually go buggy after new seasons launch.
  • srspellssrspells Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok only true point I want to make is this, I am tired of being called a lifer that doesnt pay as much as F2P players.

Truth of the mater I droped 200 for lifetime another 200 on ships, too much to count on cadres, point is Ive played this game for 4 months and enjoy it till people say I dont pay my dues.

im almost up to 1000$ so to you all who dont think Gold players pay we do, just like ftp does.
    -Spells
    || Open Door Policy ||
    | Dues Ex Mechina |
    Fleet Leader
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    srspells wrote: »
    Ok only true point I want to make is this, I am tired of being called a lifer that doesnt pay as much as F2P players.

Truth of the mater I droped 200 for lifetime another 200 on ships, too much to count on cadres, point is Ive played this game for 4 months and enjoy it till people say I dont pay my dues.

im almost up to 1000$ so to you all who dont think Gold players pay we do, just like ftp does.
    -Spells

Actually it is easier to ignore the fact that golds can use the C-Store too, than to realize that golds can actually end up paying significantly more than silvers:

Silver: Buys all from the C-Store... random number 10000 Zen.

Gold: Buys all from the C-Store... 10000 Zen + 15 USD

Im not saying that silvers are worth less than golds... im just saying that there seems to be certain silvers who think they are better than golds and vice versa... GET OVER IT ALREADY.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    edited July 2012
    Not one person her has said that Golds don't pay, as much or in some cases, even more than Silvers. NOT ONE. My expression of "maybe I pay more than you do a month" is simply a statement of fact. Just as there are some Silvers who pay nothing , there are some Golds who pay nothing but their 15 a month.

Therefore , Wow , sometimes Golds and Lifetime players spend more than Silvers, and sometimes silvers spend more than Life and Gold. Simple.

What I take umbrage with, is a Gold of Lifetime Player assuming and then saying that all silvers do not pay, and therefore are somehow not entitled to the same rights and privileges.

Hell the OP suggested shuttling us all off to our own server somewhere as if our very existence somehow taints his precious game. We are diseased !!!

Yes, you paid a lifetime fee, or a monthly subscription, but many Silver players have dropped hundreds of dollars into the game since joining in January as well. We are ALL players here. Why does this have to be a foolish US vs THEM argument.

To claim that anyone here is saying you haven't paid is plain making stuff up, just so you can express anger and righteous rage over something that NO ONE has said.

Now, maybe you did just have nothing to post except righteous, entitled rage spurned on by imaginary things you think people have said about you, but maybe , just maybe you will see that the real discussion that needs to be had here is this.

The server problems that happen around season launches. Yeah they kind of affect ALL of us. All those bugs and problems , kind of affect ALL of us. Now you can keep drinking the haterade, and pretending that somehow splitting the player base is a good idea (IE the Gold and Lifers are better than silvers, lets be in Two tribes and fight amongst ourselves)
    OR
    You could realize that instead of being enemies , as allies all of us could affect more and better change.

Oh and You do get all those Veteran rewards I'll never see ... right?
    But , of course, I bet the fact that you don't have your android boff yet is somehow all the silver players fault too ...

/endrant
    edited July 2012
    You're wrong hippie...

If they hadn archived the posts, I could pull out some rather harsh comments from silvers claiming they will always pay more than golds.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Take a chill pill, man.

Exactly, Turning us against each other is EXACTLY what the devs want.

<_____<
    >_____>
    United we Stand! Together, we can take down this tyranny and take back control of this game!!!

Because one of us knows how to create game content and coding, right :rolleyes:
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
    edited July 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    You're wrong hippie...

If they hadn archived the posts, I could pull out some rather harsh comments from silvers claiming they will always pay more than golds.

Within this thread.
    edited July 2012
    Within this thread.

Ok... I'll grant that..
  • drasketodrasketo Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    You're wrong hippie...

Trying to claim that all silvers pay more than golds etc etc etc ... obviously pointless.

However, Id be willing to bet that in the months that this game has been "F2P" Cryptic and PWE have made more from silver players than has been made from golds/lifers since STO was released.
  • srspellssrspells Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think you misread what I was trying to say, all I was getting at is we all pay not that one or the other is better.

nah not saying that at all I love silvers, tbh I think people need to chill, I had 3 nasty comments on the game about me being a lifer, I think people pay what they want gold or silver. also i pay about 200-300 a month, doffs and ships is what I love to sell on exchange, but then again I also do it to support changes like server improvements and hiring new devs.
    -Spells
    || Open Door Policy ||
    | Dues Ex Mechina |
    Fleet Leader
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    srspells wrote: »
    I think you misread what I was trying to say, all I was getting at is we all pay not that one or the other is better.

nah not saying that at all I love silvers, tbh I think people need to chill, I had 3 nasty comments on the game about me being a lifer, I think people pay what they want gold or silver. also i pay about 200-300 a month, doffs and ships is what I love to sell on exchange, but then again I also do it to support changes like server improvements and hiring new devs.
    -Spells

I love lifers, in matter of fact one of my friends is a lifer :), and soon I will join the ranks.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,907 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    OP, constructive criticism... Punctuation exists for a reason.

k thanx bye
    sig.jpg
  • beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How many of these threads can he start before it's considered spamming?
    This thread is pointless. What it all comes down to is each person needs to look at the pros and cons of gold vs silver and make the decision for themselves. It's each player's choice as to what they pay for this game.

If you don't like having to wait when there's a queue but you're not prepared to pay for gold, suck it up, princess.
    If you pay for gold and don't think you're getting enough, take charge of your life and go silver.
    If you want free respecs and stipend and can afford gold, then pony up.

It's all about choice. You've been given the choice of gold, silver or life membership, so make your choice, respect other people's choices and if you're not happy, then stop playing.