test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

About Fleet Starbases

kaeajakaeaja Member Posts: 517 Arc User
What do i have to do exactly to unlock the Fleet Starbase Shipyard Tier 1?

And on that note, how do i start the Featured Project where it removes the Blast Shutters so you can see out of your Starbase?
Post edited by kaeaja on

Comments

• mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    After looking around a bit in the game... I have no idea how to use any of the new fleet stuff at all. The patch notes aren't helping.

I can't contribute to building a base or even visit it, assuming I could visit it if construction hasn't started yet. On the bright side, it's probably not worth the effort of bothering with, from what I've seen so far.
  • chk231chk231 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If you visit STO Wiki, it has a section on Season 6. That might help a bit. Just click the Fleet Starbases link.

Patch notes are here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=306831
    edited July 2012
    chk231 wrote: »
    If you visit STO Wiki, it has a section on Season 6. That might help a bit. Just click the Fleet Starbases link.

Patch notes are here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=306831

Hmm. No, neither source is offering me a clue. They generally assume you've already figured out how to get things working.
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    First, you have be in a fleet. No fleet = no starbase

Then, click the fleet button under the minimap. Select the 'holding' tab. Then select the 'contribution' sub-tab. If you are the fleet leader, you should be able to slot 3 active projects and 1 special project into the slot.
    edited July 2012
    latinumbar wrote: »
    First, you have be in a fleet. No fleet = no starbase

Then, click the fleet button under the minimap. Select the 'holding' tab. Then select the 'contribution' sub-tab. If you are the fleet leader, you should be able to slot 3 active projects and 1 special project into the slot.

I'm in a fleet, but I'm not a fleet leader. Apparently the defaults are set to only allow the fleet leaders to do anything with the new fleet stuff.
  • capm7capm7 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I had the same question but finally figured it out - in your fleet panel, on the holdings tab, you have to start at least one other regular project. After that, it shows up under the special projects list, but not before. It was confusing to say the least.

edit -

Whether you can contribute/start projects is a permission I believe
    ---Capm
    Founder, Midnight Squadron
    http://www.midnightsquadron.com
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yup the fleet leader has to grant you permission to contribute.

no idea on the blast shutters
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Curious if anyone has an image of the federation fleet base with the "room with a view" mission finished. I like the base as it looks now, want to see how the view looks before I get one.
  • tx6275tx6275 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    gpgtx wrote: »
    yup the fleet leader has to grant you permission to contribute.
    So anyone like me with an absentee fleet leader who hasn't played the game for 18 months is pretty much locked out of the main feature of Season 6 then?

menotrpa: O_O........how long has this been going?
    flyingfinn: People being dicks towards one another?... I think that started when the stuff rose from the sea and acknowledge there was some other stuff next to it and started to poke it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryanevryanev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    There is an option to claim leadership if fleet leader is absent for X amount of time (don't remember how much it was)

Not sure if it counts last login ever or last login since the start of S6.
  • caliban149caliban149 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Curious if anyone has an image of the federation fleet base with the "room with a view" mission finished. I like the base as it looks now, want to see how the view looks before I get one.

Its says that mission is "Temporary" and I hear it cost 200,000 Dil.

For 200,000 Dil I'd expect the cosmetic upgrade to at least be permanent!
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    caliban149 wrote: »

I know that, which is why I want to see what it looks like before I get it. I don't use Dilithium and I never used marks or badges and so all my characters have a TRIBBLE ton of it (just not enough to make me veteran enough for the veteran BOffs). 200k is nothing. I just don't want an ugly cosmetic change that I can't get rid of.
  • carl104carl104 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You can see it in this video, (5 minutes 10 and onwards):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaYCKZ-E5HI&feature=related

On tribble it was a tier 0 vishual.
  • caliban149caliban149 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    carl104 wrote: »
    On tribble it was a tier 0 vishual.

And then someone at PWE said "People might like that, Kaching!! Charge em*!!"

*a lot of the only in game currency that's worth a damn.
  • brodie0854brodie0854 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I know that, which is why I want to see what it looks like before I get it. I don't use Dilithium and I never used marks or badges and so all my characters have a TRIBBLE ton of it (just not enough to make me veteran enough for the veteran BOffs). 200k is nothing. I just don't want an ugly cosmetic change that I can't get rid of.

Whoooah wait a min, the effect is only temporary!?!
    I thought that meant the quest was only temporary, limited time etc but the effect would be permanent.
    I bought this and i'll be seriously miffed if it doesn't last!
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    brodie0854 wrote: »
    Whoooah wait a min, the effect is only temporary!?!
    I thought that meant the quest was only temporary, limited time etc but the effect would be permanent.
    I bought this and i'll be seriously miffed if it doesn't last!

Once you sink the dilithium, the effect is permanent. The temporary part is that the special project is only offered every now and then...hence the "special" part of special project.

And the cost is crazy unless you have a fleet of 10 players. Me and my alts will have a hard time paying for this one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gammadelta2gammadelta2 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    Once you sink the dilithium, the effect is permanent. The temporary part is that the special project is only offered every now and then...hence the "special" part of special project.

And the cost is crazy unless you have a fleet of 10 players. Me and my alts will have a hard time paying for this one.

It looks like blast shutters for us for a while too. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brodie0854brodie0854 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    boglejam73 wrote: »

Phew!

And yes i agree on the cost.
    I cheated however.
    I bought the lowest amount of Zen and then using the Dil Exchange i swapped them for Dil think it cost something like 600 Zen for 20k Dil
    It's not something i'll be doing often.
    Thanks for the answer.
  • thefirstnyb905thefirstnyb905 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    There is this link http://www.stowiki.org/Fleet_starbase#Requirements
    That shows some of how to deal with things to some extent.

Any one in the Fleet high enough seems to have to check each level of the Fleet to make certain each level is ALLOWED TO DONATE ( go figure, click on lowest level and it does not carry up the chain so every one can donate, it did it on Tribble )

Someone on the high end of the Fleet needs to not only start the missions, and also make sure that there is one upcoming. The Fleet I am in managed to get 2 on count down fairly fast and with out setting up something after, would have had issues on what would be next.
    You CAN change the queued mission, not the current one so choose wisely ahead of time!

The Fleet I am in managed to complete the temporary mission and we still need 8 more sci missions ( minimum ) to get the basic base if I am reading correctly.

It's gona take a while, keep those Fleet PVE queues full, I need those Fleet marks:D
    Smile, it makes people wonder what you are up to. Especially the Ferengi...:cool:
  • vesphavespha Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    mirai222 wrote: »
    After looking around a bit in the game... I have no idea how to use any of the new fleet stuff at all. The patch notes aren't helping.

I can't contribute to building a base or even visit it, assuming I could visit it if construction hasn't started yet. On the bright side, it's probably not worth the effort of bothering with, from what I've seen so far.

ROFL ...proof people don't read patch notes
    "We all change, when you think about it, we're all different people; all through our lives, and that's okay, that's good, you've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
  • hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited July 2012
    Special project that costs 200.000 dilithium and if you finish it, blast shuters is s permenant.
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I picked that mission on my Solo-Fleet...

I figure to have the windows open sometime around my birthday in October of 2013...

:rolleyes:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    edited July 2012
    vespha wrote: »
    ROFL ...proof people don't read patch notes

Thanks for the ignorant comment. The patch notes are missing some important information. Fortunately someone else here answered the key part of my question.
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    caliban149 wrote: »

/facepalm

The project is only available for a limited time. The effect is permanent, if you happen to have started the project within the time of its availability

If your fleet for whatever reason skips this project while it's available, they won't be able to get retractable blast shutters until the project is available again (whenever that may be, if ever).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • sinsofanempiresinsofanempire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    tx6275 wrote: »
    So anyone like me with an absentee fleet leader who hasn't played the game for 18 months is pretty much locked out of the main feature of Season 6 then?

In that case, you should've left the fleet a long time ago o.O

President of Alpha Solaris, a Federation fleet.

I used to be Sinsofasolarempire
  • tvlartvlar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The Fleet Leadership should be claimable by Officers. I think there was supposed to be a button for that on the Roster tab. That option was designed to assist with the problem you ( and others ) have.

There is info in the Patch Notes, if I recall correctly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blafiblafi Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Question about the Featured Project. Where is it supposed to show up? Under the Starbase or the Special Projects?

We now have all slots filled, except for the first in special which is greyed out, so my suspicion is we now can't take on the project. Please tell me i'm wrong... :D

moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
    http://www.elitedefensestarfleet.com
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Here you go.
    edited July 2012
    blafi wrote: »
    Question about the Featured Project. Where is it supposed to show up? Under the Starbase or the Special Projects?

We now have all slots filled, except for the first in special which is greyed out, so my suspicion is we now can't take on the project. Please tell me i'm wrong... :D

Ok... You're wrong.

It will show up under Special Projects, and no, not the one that's greyed out.

The greyed out spot is where the construction projects show up, once you're qualified for them.

So, keep an eye out, or have your fleet admiral keep an eye out for the room with a view mission. If it comes up again before the 26th (?), grab it, and get it started.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • blafiblafi Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok... You're wrong.

It will show up under Special Projects, and no, not the one that's greyed out.

The greyed out spot is where the construction projects show up, once you're qualified for them.

So, keep an eye out, or have your fleet admiral keep an eye out for the room with a view mission. If it comes up again before the 26th (?), grab it, and get it started.

Thanks for the reply.

It has been solved, some eager beavers already did it while i was away and didn't tell me. :).

moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
    http://www.elitedefensestarfleet.com