Options

Star Trek Online Mobile App

2»

Comments

• Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    koltoroc wrote: »
    While I agree mostly with your assessment, there are 2 problems you fail to see.

1: with the recent announcement of their own tablet they are intending to sell combined with the way they intend to license Win 8 for arm they managed to alienate the majority of third party manufacturers, which are now flocking to google, because they effectively have now no alternative left. This will ensure lackluster sales at best, but I expect an outright desaster for Microsoft. Well earned though.

2: Win 8 for ARM which will power the majority of all win 8 tablets will NOT have any kind of backwards compatibility to existing windows software.

1: But Google just announced their own Tablet. Why would they flock to Google to avoid competition from their OS provider when Google itself is pushing their own device? Especially since they have to send a check to Microsoft for every Android tablet they sell anyway? I don't think it'll alienate their existing customers. It's not like HP, Dell, Lenovo, and Sony have any other desktop choice. MacOS is Mac-only and Chrome OS is a joke.

2: I know HP is sticking with x86/64 for now. Other than Microsoft, I cannot think of another ARM tablet that has been announced. And if you are buying an ARM tablet, odds are you don't care if it runs Eclipse so backward compatibility isn't a concern.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    edited July 2012
    Now I would love this for my BlackBerry! If it will be compatible with my BB, that'd be awesome :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vesphavespha Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It would be great if we had mobile app that would allow us to buy and sell items on the exchange, check our mail, and send duty officers off on missions while we are away from the game.

What do you think?

WOW really, you're worried about this pos app when the game as a whole sucks and needs a total revamp ? You're daft...

" We need an app so I can sell TRIBBLE on the exchange from my phone, but im totally cool with only having 3 STF's to play over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.....again"

"We all change, when you think about it, we're all different people; all through our lives, and that's okay, that's good, you've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
  • Options
    subway7850subway7850 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think it would be great. And they have told us they would like to do one, but there is no ETA on when it might happen.

Yeah, I like this..

But there is one mor thing I'd like to see.

Let us be able to use the DOFF system!

Let us send out our Doff's in the system that our ship is in.
    I would so totaly be willing to pay like 5-10 dollars for an app that could do this..
    I'd even be happy to go Gold if it would be a something that we that are f2p could not use.

pls make this happen devs!
  • Options
    raifin1701raifin1701 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Relating to the Mobile App-

Can I get more information on the chat program that Gold people can use outside the game to chat with folks in game?

One of my fleetmates uses it, but he hasn't been online for me to ask, and I was curious about giving it a try-

Chris
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Star Trek Online Enlistment Date: February 2010
    Fleet website: www.stoacademy.com
  • Options
    th3gr4ndnagu5th3gr4ndnagu5 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    subway7850 wrote: »
    Yeah, I like this..

But there is one mor thing I'd like to see.

Let us be able to use the DOFF system!

Let us send out our Doff's in the system that our ship is in.
    I would so totaly be willing to pay like 5-10 dollars for an app that could do this..
    I'd even be happy to go Gold if it would be a something that we that are f2p could not use.

pls make this happen devs!

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4720431&postcount=30

The.Grand.Nagus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gamerjoshgamerjosh Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I hope it's android tablet friendly :)
    Belief manifests reality
  • Options
    subway7850subway7850 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What can I say.. Thank you Nagus, for shareing this. It's news to me.

And great news it is.

Devs, dont forget that Whindows Phone exists aswell :D
  • Options
    mskurnikmskurnik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I had an application which you can see here http://www.mjcsstudios.com/WP7/StoProfile but that no longer works since the website changed. There is no captains database anymore and thus no data. It was limited but it was something. You can read more on what happened here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=276121

I was in the process of creating an android and iOS version as well as for windows 8. I doubt PWE will re-enable the data any time soon.
  • Options
    jg2112jg2112 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Another thing they should do now that S6 is out is have the ability to check the fleet holdings, and possibly contribute, but we should at least be able to check them.

Edit: And also maybe event times like Fleet Marks, Time to Craft, Defera Invasion, etc.
  • Options
    enemyoffateenemyoffate Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    When i used to play world of ********, (I admit it's bad, i went to rehab on Left For Dead 2 then this, i'm better now). I noticed a function that was in place that seems it could be adapted here and give Cryptic some extra revenue so maybe to help either add more content who make more things available outside of Zen.

There is a mobile Auction house, that i think would work well in here. Let you access the exchange, bid, accept auction rewards/ buy items. It would only allow you to accept items if you have room. Also, putting in a program that let's you assign duty officer missions while away in there as well. There also could be room for mobile fleet chat. You're on a break at work, you can check in on your friends in the fleet you might not hear from as often due to different work schedules. All in all i think a monthly fee addon (say 1-$6 depending on level of additional service.) May bring some extra revenue to Cryptic. But time involved in making it could be an issue. Just a though i had, let me know what you think :D
    Plato Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
    Plato
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
  • Options
    enemyoffateenemyoffate Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for that. I didn't see it in my search, could've been user error :eek:. Thanks.
    Plato Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
    Plato
  • Options
    theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    o4q123 wrote: »
    If they are comming out with an app, I would be Iphone followed by Android. Those are the 2 biggest phones that I know of.

Don't forget Windows Phone 7 and 8. That's what I need it for.
  • Options
    thetruthurtsthetruthurts Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Don't forget Windows Phone 7 and 8. That's what I need it for.

Its not a matter of "forgetting" anything. The simple fact is, they will make the apps for whatever the most popular OS are.

EDIT: This post has been closed due to being a "necro" thread. Remember, if a thread has not been posted to in over 30 days, please start a new thread to discuss a topic :) Thanks! ~BranFlakes
This discussion has been closed.