test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

OMG, 900 day Vet Reward Hotness! You know you want it.

2»

Comments

• Options
    genluckygenlucky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Here is some views of ships I have.

The change took to the Captains Yacht however when in space I did not see a change at all. So there is no image for that. Also for those that have a Connie or D'kora no skin for them it appears yet. Not sure if there will be or not. These are the only ships I have so I am unsure about the other ships I have not listed or enclosed an image to.

Danube Shuttle

MVAE Top
    MVAE Bottom
    MVAE Top Separated
    MVAE Bottom Separated

Oddy Top
    Oddy Bottom

Thunderchild/Armitage Top
    Thunderchild/Armitage Bottom

GenLucky
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The TRON look isnt for me. My favorite skin in the game so far is the type 6 material.
    MNaybe it'll grow on me, but Material 6 is definitely the best. It's a nice white and it has the good-looking multi-colored deflector instead of the ugly single color blue one.

When will it be available on all ships and costume configurations (that use Starfleet Materials)? You are still working on that, jamjanz, right, please?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    eldioraeldiora Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So does anyone else really like the new gold trim for the Jupiter Uniforms?

I wear a Jupiter 2 in red/black for ground ops as my "armor" replacement" and the gold trim looks awesome with it.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/6/goldtrim.jpg/
  • Options
    baracura28baracura28 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think people need to read http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=597211 , it says what ships can and can't use the skin.

also... 7 more days for me to go :( where's a time machine when u need 1
    Talking to my self, asking stuff to my self, definitely not understanding my self. Such is the life of an overworked Starfleet admiral.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    eldiora wrote: »

I wear a Jupiter 2 in red/black for ground ops as my "armor" replacement" and the gold trim looks awesome with it.

I don't. It's cheap that they just adding another color to an already existing reward that should've had it in the first place.

And the ship skin is nothing but Aegis rehash.

I know they get bothered by being called lazy, but sorry Devs, this is really a lazy reward for 900 Days. At this rate the 1000 Day ship will likely be something that already exists and them tweek it, then call it new. :(
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Subscribed For: 676 Days

Subscription Status: Active

I'm a long way away. Also. this might unlock the Jupiter Veteran uniform for my main. Since it doesn't require ship slots...

Which I hope extended into a greater number soon so my main can get his 500 day and Dimensional Hero.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited July 2012
    baracura28 wrote: »
    I think people need to read http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=597211 , it says what ships can and can't use the skin.

also... 7 more days for me to go :( where's a time machine when u need 1

i did read it, and nowhere does it say it cant be used on the interpid retrofit.
  • Options
    baracura28baracura28 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Intrepid class is currently bugged, but i put that link up there cause people where asking about connie and some other ships. Those will not have the veteran reward skin.
    Talking to my self, asking stuff to my self, definitely not understanding my self. Such is the life of an overworked Starfleet admiral.
  • Options
    captrayvenwingcaptrayvenwing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    eldiora wrote: »

That im looking forward to.

As for the new ship skin... Meh...

I would have been more impressed with a battle damaged hull. something with a chunk missing out of the primary hull or some such. That way we could have cruised into Space dock like Star Trek III
    The Account formally known as Rayvenwing
    Actual Join Date : Feb 2010

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    synthscanner#2101 synthscanner Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Anyone have a pic of the new skin on a Klingon faction ship, like a BoP?

I'm at 896 Days, and had no idea this new reward texture added more Tron style glowy hotness.
  • Options
    ayradyssayradyss Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as they say. Myself, I think the Fed material looks great, but I really dislike the KDF one. Of course, my main Fed character flys an Intrepid variant. Go figure. Hopefully that'll get fixed up soon. (As some stated earlier, the Intrepid/Discovery/Bellerophon designs are glitched and don't work with the new material.) Maybe something good will come of it all and the Bellerophon saucer will finally get fixed to work with different window types? We can hope, anyway.

The KDF material . . . the colors just kill it for me, I think. I would love to see something more along the lines of a gunmetal grey -- something more silvery-blue that departs a bit from the whole sickly green and rust theme. But hey, I'll probably just have to work on getting the upgraded Reman Prototype stuff and call that good.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    imperialmirrorimperialmirror Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can't wait for mine ! :) I'm Only a 650+ Day Vet.
    1Wv2pWK.gif
  • Options
    azudazud Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    9 days to go. Can't wait to try it out on my ships. Any pics of it on a defiant retrofit?
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    New hotness, eh to me its the Aegis set just modified, and dont get me goin on the vet jacket... :rolleyes:
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Meh... that's all I can say about the new ship skin.

Sorry but I'm not playing Star Tron, I'm playing Star Trek and the Aegis and the Veteran skins are just too Tron-ified.
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Cool. 2 weeks to go. :)

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    ayradyssayradyss Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    kalecto wrote: »
    Anyone have a pic of the new skin on a Klingon faction ship, like a BoP?

Here's a pic of the Void Dancer as it normally looks.

And then a pic of the Void Dancer with the Vet material.

All in all, if I liked the whole olive-green scheme better, I think I'd be pretty happy with it. The color is just not that appealing to me though. (And the fact that it overrides any colors selected in the 'paint options.')

There is a 'sheen' to this material (both the Fed and KDF versions) that doesn't come through really well in a still pic. Also, there are a few new 'paint' options that only work for the vet material, which are suited a bit more to the sheen and all, than the standard 'flatter' paint styles. (I did not change the paint options in this pic, it's the exact same look, just with the material swapped. Even the colors are still set to blue/white, though obviously they are overridden when using the new mat.)

EDIT: Okay, I played with the 'paint colors' a bit more -- rather than affecting the 'paint' as usual, they affect the tint of the sheen, with the new mat. So they do have a function, and . . . I guess it could be interesting.

EDIT2: Also note that the black areas on the top of the ship are that 'normal map glitch' that Tumerboy has explained in other threads. Still several ships that need some love on that front.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am jealous now. I am here since the open beta, but:

Subscribed For: 882 Days

They will never fix that. :mad:

I agree. I have also been on board since beta, and am hosed on the subscription time.
  • Options
    cedricophoffcedricophoff Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Holy f*ck. the 900 day reward mat on a KDF ship simply blows my mind with how beautiful it is. But i realy dislike the Fed one. :) weird sometimes haha. On fed ships i prefer brighter hulls over neon glowy dark ones.
  • Options
    vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    cg on almost 3 years on STO.

Heres a lowsy skin that should cost 160 CP or 200 Zen
    :eek:
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    looks to me like a Aegis Light version skin...

can you combine this material with the Aegis set for double Tron look?

there are really just 2 skins i really want, a full CHROME ship for the BLING, and anything that looks more like original Star Trek, you know, with all the Aztec stuff and detail... and STRAIGHT lines instead of those buckled and twisted lines if the default textures.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Looks like the Hull stacks with shield effects, like Maco, I can check if it matches with Aegis on one of my toons.

The BoPs look awesome, anyone remember the effect of the Romulan BoPs from Enterprise where the Bird pattern sorta glows, that but on the upper side of the KDF BoPs.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    drakie79drakie79 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well I will not be getting any rewards because they have reset my sub to 700 days and not the 800 it is meant to be.
  • Options
    ikenstein1ikenstein1 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    There is no option to use this skin on the t5 Intrepid.This is about typical of Cryptic. Full of promises but always fail to deliver. It is what people expect of them by now. Has there ever been a time when Cryptic actually made good on their hype?

My particular favorite Cryptic rip off was the pre-order Lifetime exclusive Liberated borg character. Cryptic now give this thing away to everyone for free.

Good job Cryptic. Another disappointment.
  • Options
    robingbrownrobingbrown Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    A ship skin as a 900 day reward is not impressive. It might look good but it feels like a sad attempt at doing any old thing to fill a space.
    I used to have an Orion slave girl, then PWE 'perfected' her, now all I have is this lousy signature
  • Options
    starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i'm at 847 right now just 53 days 2 go countin down as this looks awesome...