Options

Second Wave

oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
Post edited by oldkirkfan on

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yeah, make sure you don't warp out while in combat....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2012
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    No I mean don't warp out while in "Red Alert" status. A lot of time the game will give you the option to warp out by clicking the dialogue button, but if you do that while in Red Alert it seems to confuse the game.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    sojournerxsojournerx Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    oldkirkfan wrote: »
    Second Wave is bugged.

After the end space battle, it warps me to Bajor, but doesn't let me finish the mission.

I have tried 4 times, always the same result.

This happened to me a few nights ago, but when I retired it the following day I had no problem.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    don't click the prompt in the text window while at red alert. It's the only thing I know of that fixes it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited July 2012
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    weah, but.... since the mission usually completes during combat the window sometimes pops up while your ship is in red alert status. OTHER space combat oriented missions don't let windows like this one pop up during Red Alert, but for some reason this one does.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited July 2012
  • Options
    kermit1013kermit1013 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    having same problem - can confirm it's post red-alert - use the ops button to call up warp to bajor - warps to bajor - mission still says "go to ds9 for conference" etc etc...

i'm done with it for now - and sick to death of it
    There is no correct resolution; it's a test of character.
    James T. Kirk
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Never warp out until you are able to report to the mission giver. You have to wait. This feature was made to punish people without any patience. :D
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    tehphillzortehphillzor Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    You have to wait. This feature was made to punish people without any patience. :D

Wow, that's awfully rude of you... The person who started this thread said that they WAITED till after Red Alert to warp to Bajor, and even used the ops button to call up the warp to Bajor dialogue.

Now, I have done all those things as well and have done the entire mission 3 times in the last hour and it still bugged out on me.

Perhaps you should read what people have said and not jump to conclusions and calling people impatient.
    Aceman67.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This kind of bug may happen but it's like a good pug : it's extremely rare.

When you can't report a mission while you are on the last map (it is what everyone should do before complaining), you should check :
    - the dialogs : didn't you miss something? A hail from the station, freighter, or whatever. It can be a part of the objectives, killing everyone may not be enough.
    - the objectives : didn't you miss something? If there is no "report to x" while you are on the last map, use your common sense, don't warp out and double check objectives.

If you think a bug occured, drop the mission, do not start it again, just drop it, and then, take it again. If the "bug"happens again, then you did something wrong, because all missions work, unless youy have broken files on your computer (something extemely rare too, and many things would not work before a mission report anyway). Some missions might have a problem but the tip I give you fixes it with a 99.99% chance.

I0 all this doesn't work, even with a lot of caution, then you may send a ticket, but don't say a mission is bugged, because 99% of us completed it without any issue. It may be very specific.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
  • Options
    auric2000auric2000 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have this issue as well, how ever I ran it with a fleet member and it worked as fine.. My solution is do it with someone.
  • Options
    loreleianialoreleiania Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I also have this exact same problem. I did it twice with the exact same results and won't let me complete. As with the original poster, I've also done this with 6 OTHER toons (several of them multiple times) with no problems. ANd yes, I've waited, etc. This happened on my KDF Sci toon but it worked fine on my Fed Scit toon( all 3 times, all at different times/days). If anything I was more impatient the times that it worked. Maybe I was too patient this time...
  • Options
    havoktolhavoktol Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have the same issue, done this mission like 5 times. get thru entire thing and then the option to warp to bajor and you get there but the mission is still in the tray and it starts allll over. frustrating.
  • Options
    deyvaddeyvad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    happened to me once, second time I reported the mission BEFORE warping, and it worked, then I completed the warp to bajor dialogue.
  • Options
    thor759thor759 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have had the same problem and tried 4 times yesterday with a Fed Character. I doubled checked everything - all was correct but after the Loriss cutscene the first mission box reverts to 'go to DS9' but I still have the 'Flee Circus' box with 'Warp to Bayor.' A 'Contact DS9 Button' flashes up briefly and disappears. You cannot report it and you can wait for ever. In one attempt I flew around while waiting and the 'Dreadnought' fleet appeared from the 'Worm Hole.'
    I have done this mission many times without a problem, the day before I did it with my KDF character and had the same problem on the first attempt but it went through the second time ever though I failed two of the conference objectives and lost two of the 4 Fed shipments in the escape sequence. I need the Jem'Hadar ground set for this Character so I hope it is resolved soon!
  • Options
    jayfresh11jayfresh11 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I played this mission 6 times already and once I warp to bajor, it doesn't even recognize that I completed the mission. The only thing I can think of is towards the end where everyone battles the jem'hadar ships, there's one ship that I can never save, I think it's the fletcher. Does this have anything to do with it? I've tried hailing after I'm told to warp to bajor, but it won't let me. There is no red alert and everything seems fine. Has anyone figured out how to bypass this bug? I am very frustrated and all I want is the jem'hadar polaron full auto rifle!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thor759thor759 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    thor759 wrote: »
    I have had the same problem and tried 4 times yesterday with a Fed Character. I doubled checked everything - all was correct but after the Loriss cutscene the first mission box reverts to 'go to DS9' but I still have the 'Flee Circus' box with 'Warp to Bayor.' A 'Contact DS9 Button' flashes up briefly and disappears. You cannot report it and you can wait for ever. In one attempt I flew around while waiting and the 'Dreadnought' fleet appeared from the 'Worm Hole.'
    I have done this mission many times without a problem, the day before I did it with my KDF character and had the same problem on the first attempt but it went through the second time ever though I failed two of the conference objectives and lost two of the 4 Fed shipments in the escape sequence. I need the Jem'Hadar ground set for this Character so I hope it is resolved soon!

Just ran it again with the same result - there is no way I can finish this mission which is very frustrating, I ran 'Of Bajor' first with no problems to check functionality. As a 'Systems Analyst' there is a definite issue here - the question is where, on the server or in the download files on my pc? It would be interesting to know if any Level 50 Character has completed it successfully since 'Season 6' went live?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Just ran it again with the same result - there is no way I can finish this mission which is very frustrating, I ran 'Of Bajor' first with no problems to check functionality. As a 'Systems Analyst' there is a definite issue here - the question is where, on the server or in the download files on my pc? It would be interesting to know if any Level 50 Character has completed it successfully since 'Season 6' went live?

I know how you feel, I played it a total of 8 times and it has the same result. I warp to bajor and nothing happens, as if I never played that mission. This is very frustrating, I wrote a ticket, but who knows if they'll get to it. This sucks, and all I want is the jemhadar rifle!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    It would be interesting to know if any Level 50 Character has completed it successfully since 'Season 6' went live?

I'll give it a spin and report back.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    deyvad wrote: »
    I'll give it a spin and report back.

Bugged.

Wouldn't let me complete the mission without warping to Bajor, and once at Bajor it's as if I hadn't done nothing at DS9 and need to start it all over.
  • Options
    bearodice1bearodice1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've had similar problems, I waited until the Red Alert was gone to talk to my Ops person and then had the "Warp to Bajor" option pop up. What I noticed was that my actual mission tracker had popped back to showing "Disarm Diplomats - Go to Deep Space 9" before I had even accepted the Warp to Bajor. Something is definitely not right.
  • Options
    shantavishantavi Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's definitely broken, and not for all characters - even those on the same account. It's also not broken for just level 50 characters, but all levels.

If you have a character that can't complete it solo, it seems to complete if you do it in a group. While that's definitely only a stopgap measure and the mission needs to be fixed, at least it allows you to finish the mission and get an upgraded rifle/pistol/whatever.

So, again, if its bugged solo, (until they fix it) try it in a group.

"Back on topic. Destinii is correct."

(Formerly Destinii until the 'Great PWE Forum Shakeup of 2012')
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    shantavi wrote: »
    It's definitely broken, and not for all characters - even those on the same account. It's also not broken for just level 50 characters, but all levels.

If you have a character that can't complete it solo, it seems to complete if you do it in a group. While that's definitely only a stopgap measure and the mission needs to be fixed, at least it allows you to finish the mission and get an upgraded rifle/pistol/whatever.

So, again, if its bugged solo, (until they fix it) try it in a group.
    Thanks, I think I will try it in a group, and hopefully receive the item I want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    caelenbengalcaelenbengal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This bug seems to be related to the very first main mission objective, "Disarming Diplomats". That one objective does not complete, so the game cannot move you on to the next part in your mission log. It still goes through the motions, of course, so you keep going through and listening to the talk, but it's not giving you any credit. I haven't found a way around it myself... but I'll have to try that group work around.
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    oldkirkfan wrote: »
    Second Wave is bugged.

After the end space battle, it warps me to Bajor, but doesn't let me finish the mission.

I have tried 4 times, always the same result.

There are so many threads about this it makes my head spin sometimes. I have said it in them and I will say it here. This is just sheer laziness when it comes to fixing things. This bug has been around since the mission first came out, and is still there

The fact it is still around after being reported so many times ingame and on the forums is just laziness and makes a joke of the mission.

Time to get it sorted Dev's, we're sick of using the bug report feature on this mission!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010