test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starfleet Dental: The World’s First STO Fleet

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Earth Spacedock
STARFLEET DENTAL

Webster’s Dictionary defines dentistry as:
“The profession or science dealing with the prevention and treatment of diseases and malformations of the teeth, gums, and oral cavity”
But with all respect to Webster’s, there’s dentistry, and then there’s Starfleet Dentistry.

Introduction
Starfleet Dental is a force like no other, dedicated to the perseveration of Oral Hygiene in the Federation and beyond, fostering discussion on dental issues, and making dental care easier, and more effective than ever.

Dentaleers are made, not born, and the proud members of Starfleet Dental know their training is superior, their organization more efficient and their resolve greater than anything else in the galaxy. More importantly, they know they are a part of the Federations most noble brotherhood.

Starfleet Dental Officers are trained for excellence in all things, the trials of the mind and body never stop, and the Dentaleers must constantly push themselves to the edge of their abilities and beyond.

Not everyone is cut out to be an officer in Starfleet Dental, but if you embody courage, resolve, and honor, then read on brave stranger… read on.

Organization

In order to be deployed effectively across the Alpha and Beta Quadrant, Starfleet Dental relies on its strict organization, and command structure. Official fleet protocols are followed at all times, whether including a respectful *salute* whenever posting on our forums directly after an officer has, or calling your superior officers “sir” both on MSN and Ventrilo.

Command Staff
  • Fleet Admiral – Garth Marenghi
  • Assistant Fleet Admiral: Dean Learner
  • Vice Assistant Fleet Admiral: Lucien Sanchez

Directors of Operations
  • Admiral Brick Ironstone
  • Vice Admiral Brick Ironstone
  • Rear Admiral Keith "Ice Maverick" Kenkade
  • Rear Admiral Lance "Lightning" Parker Ph.D
  • Rear Admiral Von Snee

Complete Roster

Ingenuity and Resourcefulness
Starfleet Dental has always been at the forefront of research and development.

When the Borg were at the gates of Earth itself, a last ditch defence lead by Starfleet Dental created an impenetrable wall of exploding warp cores, sacrificing thousands of crewmen for the defense of Earth.

When the war against the Klingons became a standstill, Starfleet Dental pioneered a dramatic and effective new method of disabling the Klingon War Machine, by transporting its captains directly to a bridge of a Federation starship where they could be neutralized by a specialized team of Dentaleers.

When LCARS, a relic of the 1980s, was criticized for looking tacky and unreadable, Starfleet Dental created a brand new system of information display, which is still used today on its website.

And finally, when our enemies were amongst those we trusted, Starfleet Dental had the courage to stand up and challenge authority, exposing the horrible crimes of fellow Starfleet Officers.

Truly, Starfleet Dental is on the cutting edge of the sword of freedom.

Starfleet Dental isn’t just a fleet; it isn’t just a group of talented individuals; it’s a lifelong commitment. To put oneself between one’s home and wars desolation is truly the noblest of endeavours, and there are none more noble then the Dentaleers of Starfleet Dental

note: we are currently not receiving new members
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    SWISS KNIGHT FOR PRESIDENT!!

Actually, make that EMPEROR.
    edited March 2010
    I was there the day when the Klingons boarded my bridge, they were everywhere.

I still have the nightmares, you know.
    edited March 2010
    Tighclops wrote: »
    I was there the day when the Klingons boarded my bridge, they were everywhere.

I still have the nightmares, you know.

Every time I close my eyes, I can see their teeth. I think I need to speak to someone in Starfleet Psychiatric.

-Al
    edited March 2010
    The line must be drawn here. Do you have the courage to stand up and draw said line?

-Al
    edited March 2010
    Look OKAY!! Just let me OFF the BRIDGE. I understand I asked to be a member and I accepted the Initiation Challenge, but it has been TWO WEEKS now and I can['t get off the BRIDGE. Your threacherous klugnon officers said it would be only eighteen hours and i accepted that. I ACCEPTED THAT but it has been FOUR WEEKS and i CANT GET OFF I JUST WANT TO LEAVe
    edited March 2010
    I'd like to update. After seeing my last post I was informed that I need only find the door to leave.

When I left I was greeted with the best birthday party of my life. Starfleet Dental members cheered and kissed me and I had banana pancakes. They then brushed my teeth, straightened my teeth and regrew my missing teeth. They gave me a clean and fashionable uniform (eight weeks on the bridge initiation had ruined my clothes, as you could imagine) and enrolled me in their starter Space Dentistry 101 course.

Thank you, Starfleet Dental. I am a better human being now. :D <---(LOOK AT THAT SMILE)
    edited March 2010
    oh this is fantastic, starfleet dental.

I need my wisdom teeth pulled, so i formally request that the Canadian Federation and SFD form a NAP which would allow members of CF free dental work. Any of you from the vancouer area?
    edited March 2010
    Teeth cleaning is half off for this weekend only!
    edited March 2010
    You are not the first STO fleet, reported.
    edited March 2010
    "There's coffee in that nebula. But don't drink it for it will stain your teeth."

-Al
  • randalbattalisrandalbattalis Member Posts: 0
    edited July 2012
    Man why are you bumping such an old topic to insult these guys?

I heard they are pretty cool dude and one time I asked them where Sulu was and they totally knew where he was. You should be more accepting to other people and not try to start an interstellar war for no reason.

People die in war you know if little children become orphans it will be on your shoulder. Do you want orphans is that what this is all about? Really now come on that is just sad.
  • obertheromulanobertheromulan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How the hell do you "grief" somebody with a fire extinguiser.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008
  • tontokowalski22tontokowalski22 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Perhaps he was roleplaying setting himself on fire?
    vSzSPTd.jpg
    I don't always feel like endlessly grinding for hours with little to gain from it. But when I do, I choose Star Trek Online
  • stealthymcthiefstealthymcthief Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, these Dental guys are the worst. I heard they imprisoned two GMs once and were reported to the FBI and CIA for hacking and other cyber crimes not only once but twice. If you ask me they should all be banned, they're nothing but trouble for decent folk who just want to have fun.
  • invalidentityinvalidentity Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I heard they imprisoned two GMs once and were reported to the FBI and CIA for hacking and other cyber crimes not only once but twice. If you ask me they should all be banned, they're nothing but trouble for decent folk who just want to have fun.

Yeah my friend General Martok runs this program to detect hackers and everytime he played the dental people they always spike it. They should totally be banned and reported to the CIA.
  • cakeballscakeballs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    :mad::mad:GOOOOOOOOONS!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:
  • zachverantzachverant Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This Fleet is full of parasites and griefers...I have put in numerous GM tickets for their griefing and harrassement. They should be Kicked out of the game...

All of them...

p.s. I have pics of this fleets...antics...If any GM would care to contact me...I would be more then happy to send them to you.
    "Sips her PWE Koolaide and looks at alllll the goodies in the Z store"
    Badname Betty (PvP...PvE...STF...Trophy Hunter...Latnium Collector...Federation)
    Commander Morgana (PvP...PvE...STF...KDF)
    1000 day vet and LTS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] STO Join date: 7 Feb 2010
  • perfesserpoopperfesserpoop Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    zachverant wrote: »
    p.s. I have pics of this fleets...antics...If any GM would care to contact me...I would be more then happy to send them to you.
    Post or STFU.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Badname Betty swore Butts out multiple times. If you didn't swear so much, maybe you wouldn't have been warned by GMs? :rolleyes:
  • preechrsapreechrsa Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of Dear Leader descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
    And the angel answered and said unto the orions, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Butts, which was crucified.
    He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Butts lay.
    And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Drozana; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.
    And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Butts met them, saying, Free Arus. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.
    And Butts came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto Dear Leader in heaven and in earth.
    Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Great Leader, and of the Dear Leader, and of the Arus:
    Teaching them to extinguish all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Lisa needs braces.
    hzzfzXc.png
    Shutup Wesley: First In Everything
  • heartburzumheartburzum Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i Dont Care about Dental who Target Eroleplayers they need to go they been Trolling and Spamming roleplayers who did nothing to em and anyone who thinks Starfleet Dental are good guys Liston to this Butts made fun of a Dead 6 Year old and they're Very Homphobic and Racist they Call every female characters a sex predator and posted stuff about me because i responded for their trolling and i swear at em but its because they started it first they even spam my friend who tried to honor someone he and i know who died in a boat incident so yea they're targeting good roleplayers and other good friends and they call Orion Players TRIBBLE for no Reason so you most you people who are true trekkies should agree with me this is not a game that we allow a Troll Fleets like Starfleet Dental and Shutup Wesley harrased ppl for no reason cybersex in public is one thing but harassing ppl for actual star trek rp isint so most ppl like Devian666 who agrees with Dentals Trollings are no Trekkies and Starfleet Dental your destroying and making everyone hate star trek :mad:

Please stop trying to troll us because you don't like our method of legitimate roleplaying. Also naming and shaming on the forums isn't allowed. We do not condone racism in our fleets or homophobic remarks, if you have proof of any of these claims then report it.

RPists shouldn't be doing erotic displays in public and that is the only thing we take offense to. We love Star Trek, we don't like the people that subvert the game play of Star Trek Online to be sexual predators in a teen rated game and will do everything in our power to keep it from happening. If you are part of this group then we do and will continue to submit reports for that behavior.
    hb-sig
    You know what it is...
    -Supporter of Cryptic Lockboxes!
    edited August 2012
    Terrible run-on sentences! As far as we know, we do not condone actions against other fleets, nor players who engage in this illegal form of activity. Every erotic role player will be reported, any violator of the ToS will be reported and all who threaten to harm players will be reported.

Subspace Radio is broadcasting their own content outside of this game, and are in no consequence for how they act.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Thing is that they have just as much right to hang out at Drozana as the RPers do. Nobody owns Drozana.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I was wondering do you guys do Requests??

Because someone stole starfleet medical (not from me from its rightful leaders) and I think he needs a long lecture on dental hygiene
    Live long and Prosper
  • legiotempestuslegiotempestus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    marc8219 wrote: »
    Thing is that they have just as much right to hang out at Drozana as the RPers do. Nobody owns Drozana.

Well, thats right but the behaviour of some of "the dentists" is just offensive, and meant to TRIBBLE off other players.
    Thats the only reason for them to stand at the bar and circle for several hours with an active fire extinguisher...

I know that there are some strange things going on at droz, but american prudery doesn't allow them to be offensive.

The strange people do not bite anyone, dentists do.

Keep staying away from these *******.
    (No, that is not meant as an insult of anyone specific, it's meant as a hint on the general behaviour of all members of this fleet i've ever met.)
  • palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    it is my opinion that this fleet has such a bad reputation with STO players that they make dentists in the 20th century look bad. I have not seen them act up as of late so i am happy to say that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sweetboobsnsweetboobsn Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Starfleet dental represents the attitude of the republican party high on judging others actions while forgetting they are just as human as we are. They began by crashing Drozana and driving rpers out. How can you role play a wedding with a fire exthingusher blowing smoke in the brides face? They also infiltrate fleets and raid there banks. Yes ive read all the comments and the same sarcastic lines are used in Drozana. We, the Democrates ... err role players, just wanna be left alone but nooooo...... some Dental guy starts blowing smoke. I watch over my fleet like a hawk and kik any members who fraternizes with these trolls. Our bank is locked down so thats not an issue. I'm responding to put my 2 cents on this thread and maybe just maybe i can't stop someone from join this very unpopular tryn to make itself popular fleet. If they are sucessful in gaining a sizeable membership this game is doomed but im guessing that is their intent.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Somebody (Democrats)has issues if they think a bar is a suitable place for a wedding. The dental guys are alot of fun to watch- the mayhem they bring is a riot.
    :D
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • sweetboobsnsweetboobsn Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Somebody (Democrats)has issues if they think a bar is a suitable place for a wedding. The dental guys are alot of fun to watch- the mayhem they bring is a riot.
    :D
    You just proved my point. Judgmental, overbearing, and controlling. I know people in real life who got married at a bar, so what, who cares? You trolls care and that's the problem. Whats happened to live and let live? Ok, you tell me where should we go to have a wedding? Tell me where we should dance cause girls don't dance on a bar and if they do the sexy dance you blow smoke. So i have to log-in and message you guys and ask what i can and cannot do. Wow and you think that's funny? You stand there and watch and you laugh. wow
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You just proved my point. Judgmental, overbearing, and controlling.
    None of the above
    I know people in real life who got married at a bar, so what, who cares?
    Correct, I don't care but I wouldn't do it, and I wouldn't tell others they shouldn't but you know what I'm thinking, right ?
    You trolls care and that's the problem.
    No, I don't. It's just a game- don't take it so seriously.
    Whats happened to live and let live?
    Do the same, folks get crazy at bars- even dentists.
    Ok, you tell me where should we go to have a wedding?
    Ya try the cargo decks ?
    Tell me where we should dance cause girls don't dance on a bar and if they do the sexy dance you blow smoke.
    I usually dance with them
    So i have to log-in and message you guys and ask what i can and cannot do. Wow and you think that's funny? You stand there and watch and you laugh. wow
    Yup, if I wasn't laughing so hard I might be grinding dilith or DOFFing but everyone needs a rest from the game, and is entitled to blow off some steam (or fire extinguisher)
    :)
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
This discussion has been closed.