test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To Fleet Or Not To Fleet

2»

Comments

• sharyssasharyssa Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, its pretty disheartening when you're in a fleet of 25 and only 3 or 4 are ever on...Fleet Starbases are going to be a disaster for everyone but the BIG active fleets. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    To Fleet or not to Fleet. The question that caused me to sit in a chair in my quarters on my ship for half an hour. After much mental debate, I came to a decision. I have a friend who runs a fleet of seven *friendly* people, so I decided to join them. These are the stages my mind went through before joining:

I would rather make my own fleet than join one.
    If I make my own fleet, it would be too small to do anything with starbases.
    I want to join a fleet, but I want to be in one that goes after the tactical goals of starbases.
    TRIBBLE that, who cares about that if the fleet doesn't have friendly players?

I then fill out an application for the small fleet. The end.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • chaosuk83chaosuk83 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Fleets are not for everybody. I choose to fleet with all but one of my characters - and I have noticed that thee are a lot of people who fleet - then do nothing in the fleet. No chatting, no joining in planned events, no acknowledgement of fleet mails. Every so often the admins have a clear out of non participating members and we build up again...

When you hit VA, until they release S6 - you need fleet members working together to carry out things like Terradome, fleet actions with people you know will do them right, and making a team to help some of the junior members with the missions they have trouble with.

If you either are one of the people in the first section - or NOT one of the people in the second section - then you really shouldnt be playing as part of a fleet!
  • the5thchild15the5thchild15 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Same here for me. Have been here since a month after the game launched and never been in a fleet. Simply not interested in it at all. I play with my friends occasionally, but in general just do my dailies by myself. Started running STFs since theyve been remastered and had a lot of success with pugs (yes i know, i was suprised too).

Now from what i see here they include a lot of new gameplay and essentially tell you : join a fleet or get out and cry yourself to sleep :(

I find that a very poor decision. I like playing the game but joining a fleet is something im simply not willing to do. I couldnt contribute anything anyway. Sometimes im not online for weeks, then 1 or 2 hours on a weekend and away for a week or 2 again.

Looking at the fleet refit ships and listening to Geko talking about how those fleet items (weapons etc) work, i really want them, even if it takes time, but it seems ill never have access to any of it.

That post that was quoted from SalamiInferno was weird somehow. So Soloplayers can earn fleetmarks too.... ok. And how am i supposed to spend them. Especially since fleet ships made by a fleet are only in limited supply, so even if i could access that vendor somehow, i dont see fleets selling them to anyone but members.

Sry if i understood something incorrectly here, but some clarification would help.
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited July 2012

That post that was quoted from SalamiInferno was weird somehow. So Soloplayers can earn fleetmarks too.... ok. And how am i supposed to spend them. Especially since fleet ships made by a fleet are only in limited supply, so even if i could access that vendor somehow, i dont see fleets selling them to anyone but members.

Sry if i understood something incorrectly here, but some clarification would help.

That, I couldn't tell you I'm afraid. I asked for clarification myself in the thread that was pulled from and haven't seen a Cryptic response.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Some of our small micro alt fleets will have spare ships
    Then you join our micro fleet for the day and buy what you need
    easy
    Live long and Prosper