test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Donatra - is she still alive !

inveniuminvenium Member Posts: 1 Arc User
I have completed the KA stf both in its current format and as it used to be as a standard mission before being a PVE.

As with the other two borg stf pve missions there are some differences between how they were then and how they are now, but none more so than KA.

There are two key differences imo that raise the question as to whether Donatra now survives KA, whereas in its previous format she clearly perished.

Before in the first space section Donatra and her ship goes through the portal and then at the end of the ground section she beams of the bunker. You then destroyed her and her ship in a final space section.

But in KA as it is now, in the first space section you destroy her ship but she escapes in a pod through the portal. Again at the end of the ground section she beams of the bunker and thats it you dont confront her again in this new version of KA.

She's not really a major player in ST but just wondered if officially the line is that she is still dead or was part of the rewrite done to include a surviving Donatra from now on?
Post edited by invenium on

Comments

• Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I guess we'll find out.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    gornman47gornman47 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    She's dead in the novels.....
    Q: [quoting Hartley] "Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays..."
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    gornman47 wrote: »
    She's dead in the novels.....

They can rebuild her. They have the technology....
  • Options
    gornman47gornman47 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    If this game is any indication, you're right. And does the game give any back story as to how Donatra became a Borg?? I can't remember if it did in the old STF's story...
    Q: [quoting Hartley] "Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays..."
  • Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    On the one hand, it's Dina Meyer, and she's hot, so I'm inclined to say "Yes, she's still alive".

On the other hand, I'm not in the habit of leaving survivors, so I'm inclined to say "No, she's dead".
    w8xekp.jpg
  • Options
    nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I was sure in KAG she takes off before the end fight and its a boss and minions So I say yes she is :rolleyes:
  • Options
    cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited June 2012
    I don't know, but my gut says "Maybe".
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    By default an assimilated person is DEAD
    their assets and rank pass to the next in line and their soul goes to hell/Tartarus/Grenthor/paradise /elysium/alton towers

Sorry folks but Borg are the living dead
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    you can allways write some story that lets her become alive again...even be a romulan again.

but i doubt it, her character is not that important.

so...she's dead Jim!

PS: maybe she laid eggs before she died!
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Im sure at some point her spawn will chest burst out of admiral quinn
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    sollvax wrote: »
    By default an assimilated person is DEAD
    their assets and rank pass to the next in line and their soul goes to hell/Tartarus/Grenthor/paradise /elysium/alton towers

Sorry folks but Borg are the living dead

The how did Seven/Picard/all those other liberated Borg come back?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    synkr0nizedsynkr0nized Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I suppose it depends now on if the KA space we currently have takes place before or after the ground STF. If before, then she's obviously alive, as she couldn't escape the ground mission's boss room if she was dead. If it's after, then *shrug* I can't say it's confirmed. Blowing up a ship means little, all told.
    _______
    equal parts cynical and helpful
  • Options
    kalavierkalavier Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I suppose it depends now on if the KA space we currently have takes place before or after the ground STF. If before, then she's obviously alive, as she couldn't escape the ground mission's boss room if she was dead. If it's after, then *shrug* I can't say it's confirmed. Blowing up a ship means little, all told.

If it's still like the old one in terms of timeline, you deal with the gateways, then go back in time to the bunker.

I thought in the old version they also went "We detected some escape pods. I doubt this is the last we've seen of her."?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    The how did Seven/Picard/all those other liberated Borg come back?

They didn't

a few walking corpses in starfleet unforms changes nothing

Picard as a man died on that table
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    thoroonthoroon Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Donatra must be alive ... I was there when groups tried to killed her ... she always returned.
    Heck, she always refits a klingonship as her personal ship within 60 minutes!
    Borgs must be all chinese ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    They didn't

a few walking corpses in starfleet unforms changes nothing

Picard as a man died on that table

I doubt a "walking corpse" could fall in love, or cry over a nephew's death, or age backwards for a brief time.

They might have been deeply affected by their experiences, but that doesn't mean they're dead.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    thoroonthoroon Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I doubt a "walking corpse" could fall in love

Watch this, yes they can :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Dracula managed pretty well

Also Angel
    Spike
    Etc
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Dracula managed pretty well

Also Angel
    Spike
    Etc

That's different. Those people physically died and came back to life. Picard/Seven/etc had their minds linked to the Borg Collective, and were later severed. Their personalities returned to normal with some time.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    They had vital organs removed
    nanotech loose in their bodies and their blood replaced with lubricants in some places

that sounds pretty dead to me
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited June 2012
    I find your insane troll logic to be quite amusing. I'm sure that if you brought this argument to a vulcan, they would eventually lose emotional control and snap.
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I find your calling people trolls for following the standard definition of DEAD (body not functioning on its own , brain not functioning on its own) used by hospitals rather regretable

(and its why this forum is going to go a lot quieter very soon)

anyone who has a view (at all) gets called a troll unless the view is that of the collective
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    zzomb1zzomb1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Im more curious abaut how she became a borg rather then the allive or death question. I mean in story of sto we see her ship beeing pulled in by an iconian ship , then the next time shes borg. Or maybe i remember wrong and that wasnt her ship, still i think it was tho :o
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    its her ship yes

as far as i can tell the Borg are merely puppets of the Iconians (and may indeed not be a sentient faction at all)

which is kind of weird

still there was a good discussion in first city this week about who controls the Iconians

(everyone is controlled by someone else its like dungeon seige round here)

We concluded it was the tribbles
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    zzomb1 wrote: »
    Im more curious abaut how she became a borg rather then the allive or death question. I mean in story of sto we see her ship beeing pulled in by an iconian ship , then the next time shes borg. Or maybe i remember wrong and that wasnt her ship, still i think it was tho :o

No, it's Sela that got grabbed by the Iconians. Donatra disappeared in 2387, just before the Hobus supernova.
    I find your calling people trolls for following the standard definition of DEAD (body not functioning on its own , brain not functioning on its own) used by hospitals rather regretable

I'm inclined to agree. And good point about the hospital definition of "dead".

I'm amending my argument: they were "dead", but then got revived. That happens at hospitals, right? And the revived people are still themselves, right?
    as far as i can tell the Borg are merely puppets of the Iconians (and may indeed not be a sentient faction at all)

How do you figure that?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    zektorilzektoril Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    zzomb1 wrote: »

your confusing 2 different people. Empress Sela is in the schimtar that gets taken by the Iconians. Donatra was leader of the RSE before the hobus system collapse, her ship disappeared enroute to Romulus.. vanished without a trace, I guess her showing up as a borg is a reasonable explanation.
  • Options
    zektorilzektoril Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    thoroon wrote: »
    Donatra must be alive ... I was there when groups tried to killed her ... she always returned.
    Heck, she always refits a klingonship as her personal ship within 60 minutes!
    Borgs must be all chinese ...

just to clearify, that is a Reman ship, not Klingon. it is a Scimitar class warbird.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Dead people revived are considered to be themselves yes (a couple of legal cases have allowed women whose spouses died for more than 5 minutes to consider themselves single under the "until death do us part" rule in catholic nations and At least one son tried to prove his father had legally died in the USA so he could inherit the company that case is still in the courts I think as the father is in a PVS )

As to the Borg being puppets of the Iconians
    Every faction in the game is a puppet of someone

Undine manipulate the Klingons federation and romulans
    The Iconians manipulate the Undine and the Romulans (and maybe everyone else)
    Etc etc

and the Borg are a tool of the Iconians as well in all probability

but as discussions in first city are heading
    We think the Tribbles control the iconians
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Dead people revived are considered to be themselves yes (a couple of legal cases have allowed women whose spouses died for more than 5 minutes to consider themselves single under the "until death do us part" rule in catholic nations

Hmm...interesting stuff.
    and At least one son tried to prove his father had legally died in the USA so he could inherit the company that case is still in the courts I think as the father is in a PVS )

I think that's kind of sick.
    Every faction in the game is a puppet of someone

Undine manipulate the Klingons federation and romulans
    The Iconians manipulate the Undine and the Romulans (and maybe everyone else)
    Etc etc

and the Borg are a tool of the Iconians as well in all probability

I guess it's possible.

I recall that in "State of Q", the Iconians were responsible for sending those Borg onto the Saratoga to change history. I see multiple possible interpretations of that case.
    but as discussions in first city are heading
    We think the Tribbles control the iconians

I could go with that. :biggrin:
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone