test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

WWJKD (What Would James Kirk Do)?

soriedemsoriedem Member Posts: 150 Arc User
I often ask myself what would James Kirk Do? The answer is simply, kiss the hot alien chick, or punch out the uncool alien dude. This is STO, why don't we have the kiss, kirk drop kick, and knock out punch emotes? Please, Cryptic. Make it So!
Post edited by soriedem on

Comments

• wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    soriedem wrote: »
    I often ask myself what would James Kirk Do? The answer is simply, kiss the hot alien chick, or punch out the uncool alien dude. This is STO, why don't we have the kiss, kirk drop kick, and knock out punch emotes? Please, Cryptic. Make it So!

Absolutely a must have. We should have more emote options in general but these would make for some interesting situations, lol
  • captpfdenniscaptpfdennis Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yes, I wholeheartedly support this, but only if the "Double Blow Karate Chop" combination is also added to the list. :D
    25971704528_706d57fcf0_n.jpg
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    There will be a combo kiss/knock out emote too right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VuIShM5kAQ
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited June 2012

The Kirk Drop Kick is used by Tactical officers with melee kits.
  • helixsunbringerhelixsunbringer Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The Kirk Drop Kick is used by Tactical officers with melee kits.

yeah but we still don't get the Kiss Emote or even more importantly the oh so lethal 1-hit K.O. Kiss!
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Similar to WWJKD is WWMRD (What Would Malcolm Reynolds Do). In most cases the answer is the same.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2012
    Ya, I want the Kirk, run forward, and then launch myself sideways into two dudes' stomaches at once move.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
    edited June 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Ya, I want the Kirk, run forward, and then launch myself sideways into two dudes' stomaches at once move.

unlike us your in the position to make all of our dreams come true dude... :cool:
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »

I've seen lots of cool effects, some creeping into the Foundry.

Any way we could get a volume effect for maps that has the characters using their "trouble keeping balance" animation from the winter event while slowing them down and tilting the camera side to side?

Or even just a "bear right" that has everyone brace themselves and slide right and a "bear left" that does the opposite?
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Honestly this does a bit of disservice to Kirk. I mean they didn't have to be alien chicks. :P

Kirk was pretty much an equal opportunity man when it came to hot chicks. Which he seemed to have a remarkable easy time finding.
  • bazagbazag Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    There needs to be a Seduce for male human captains too. Riker must have a bit of Kirk blood in him.

Support Star Trek Support WWJKD
  • woodyvalleywoodyvalley Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yeah, I like the sound of that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So many Kirk options missing

Rip off shirt for a start (grants massive armour buff)
    Throw useless phaser (does more damage than the actual weapon)
    Dress as a TRIBBLE/gangster/other (stealth buff)
    not to forget
    Be replaced by identical evil version (allows you to overact )
    Live long and Prosper
    edited June 2012
    sollvax wrote: »
    So many Kirk options missing

Rip off shirt for a start (grants massive armour buff)
    Throw useless phaser (does more damage than the actual weapon)
    Dress as a TRIBBLE/gangster/other (stealth buff)
    not to forget
    Be replaced by identical evil version (allows you to overact )

1. I so want the Armor Buff from ripping the shirt off! Not to mention the general costume benefits that feature grants :3

2. We definitely need a Phaser Overload feature. That I will agree with.

3. You know there are so many great costumes used in the Original Series alone that have yet to make it into the Cash Shop that the Developers could actually make a killing on the costumes alone...

4. We kind of have that in the form of the Shard of Possibilities, though not in the way it occurred in the Original Series (on multiple occasions).
    edited June 2012
    Oh I agree we need more costumes (especially for Boffs)
    Give the poor guys an off duty uniform

I took some crew on shore leave recently (foundry mission)
    I was in my "order of Reason" vulcan robe they were all in uniforms
    And as Good as our uniform is
    its not suitable for visiting the sights
    Live long and Prosper
  • kimmerakimmera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    yeah but we still don't get the Kiss Emote or even more importantly the oh so lethal 1-hit K.O. Kiss!

It is a travesty! I want to rock and roll all night, and party every day!!!

Hmmm, we don't have a Detroit Rock City planet either....
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited June 2012

the operative kit allows for the Kirk drop kick.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• poisonpoison Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yes, I wholeheartedly support this, but only if the "Double Blow Karate Chop" combination is also added to the list. :D

Hasn't that always been one of the unarmed combo moves? No, wait that's the two fists together chop.
    jfsig02.png
  • drunkenguyverdrunkenguyver Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'd defiantly like the kirk in pain emote when taking damage . . you know, bring elbows to centre of chest with hands out and face looking like a guppy at feeding time . . perhaps a squirm on the floor for good measure while uttering the famous "What gives you the right" speech.

Perfect!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    Come on everyone knows Kirk doesn't feel pain
    Live long and Prosper
  • oridjerraaoridjerraa Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    There should be a very small random chance of summoning the etheral face alien from the galactic core when using these emotes. It will follow the player around shooting energy beams from its eyes and loudly hissing...

...YOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU!
    edited June 2012
    We could also do with a spock eyebrow raise
    A scotty shrug
    and a Sulu "go berserk with sword"
    Live long and Prosper
    edited June 2012
    Come on everyone knows Kirk doesn't feel pain

LOL, although he does very good Jazz hands, still with guppy face :-)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BH-ApUESWB4/TXnhdlQr2BI/AAAAAAAADSE/SlL288w7Qro/s1600/turnaboutintruder_223.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    Ah constipation
    Live long and Prosper
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Kirk was a joke. Bad actor and worse character.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
    edited June 2012

And yet he's the Captain everybody knows and remembers, helped pave the way for the rest, while being in 3 series & 7 movies, so he couldn't have been that bad huh. :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    Ah constipation
    And yet he's the Captain everybody knows and remembers, helped pave the way for the rest while being in 3 series & 7 movies, so he couldn't have been that bad huh. :cool:

TRIBBLE is still TRIBBLE. And I can think of some other TRIBBLE that others remember because it was TRIBBLE.
    edited June 2012
    TRIBBLE is still TRIBBLE. And I can think of some other TRIBBLE that others remember because it was TRIBBLE.

I take it you're not a fan of TOS then, let me ghess you think it's TRIBBLE . . lol, oh well each to their own. But remember what some people think of as TRIBBLE, others may think differently. I for one love TOS, it's what i grew up with . . it was good seeing those early episodes because although the acting was hammy and the effects horrible (Although not for the time) you had to use your imagination to fill in the blanks, something that is missing in some people today. :smile:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    I take it you're not a fan of TOS then, let me ghess you think it's TRIBBLE . . lol, oh well each to their own. But remember what some people think of as TRIBBLE, others may think differently. I for one love TOS, it's what i grew up with . . it was good seeing those early episodes because although the acting was hammy and the effects horrible (Although not for the time) you had to use your imagination to fill in the blanks, something that is missing in some people today. :smile:

TOS was alright for its time. The acting was the problem with him.
  • oridjerraaoridjerraa Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Only an idiot would not want James T. Kirk in your corner. I would trust this "character" with the lives of my children. I would say the same of William Shatner. Over the top as he is in acting, he is nonetheless a great guy. With all the Jerry Sandusky's running around, genuine trustworthiness is something only an IDIOT would overlook.