test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dan Stahl

sollafsollaf Member Posts: 164 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Ten Forward
Just wondering if Dstahl has changed his screen name to something completly diffrent. I do not see him in the Dev tracker.
Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Disgruntled with the JHSS, my Bug feels less shiny now.
Post edited by sollaf on

Comments

• Options
    greedo42greedo42 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    His name was probably taken. He is now ThEDanStahl1128....or something....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]PWE Web Team is bound for Gre'Thor.....:mad:
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    greedo42 wrote: »
    His name was probably taken. He is now [email]T3hD@n$t@hlol1128....or[/email] something....

fixed that for ya.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    synthscanner#2101 synthscanner Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I think his last post before the forum change was something along the lines of...

"On a mission... Back soon!"

I'm not sure about the name but I'm sure he's just fine and dan-dy...
  • Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    There is no Dan(a), only Zuul.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • Options
    wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    He must have gotten the Silent treatment :eek: :biggrin:
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Maybe He finally decided to take a vacation with his fiance for a couple of weeks. :wink:

Or maybe He's off on an adventure to the main offices of PWI in China. :eek:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    kalecto wrote: »
    I think his last post before the forum change was something along the lines of...

"On a mission... Back soon!"

So that's what's happening to him? Hmm
  • Options
    th3gr4ndnagu5th3gr4ndnagu5 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    kalecto wrote: »

You're "sure" based on what?

The.Grand.Nagus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You're "sure" based on what?

Surely it would be based on the fact that if anything had happened, such as he'd left to pursue other projects, we would have been told about it by now
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    DStahl is a myth... He dosen't exist ^^
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2012
    dStahl has been extra busy with Season 6 and other surprises, Captains. As you've seen, more devs are being added to the tracker everyday once we get them all set up. We'll get him back on the forums soon :smile:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    dStahl has been extra busy with Season 6 and other surprises, Captains. As you've seen, more devs are being added to the tracker everyday once we get them all set up. We'll get him back on the forums soon :smile:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Don't you dare :wink: Shackle him to his chair and make him work dammit!
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    We'll get him back on the forums soon :smile:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

"Soon(tm)"

The business answer to everything.

FYI, the alt code for Trademark (ALT-0153), doesn't appear to work on the new forums. Comes up with a ? instead.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    edited June 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Just how long have you been working on season 6? ™
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    stohansonstohanson Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    meurik wrote: »
    "Soon(tm)"

FYI, the alt code for Trademark (ALT-0153), doesn't appear to work on the new forums. Comes up with a ? instead.

I can agree with that. Pre Dan Stahl leaving, Cryptic was very much community oriented and since his return the answers are more "corporate". A lot of beta users concur. It's like Cryptic went from upfront and informative, to every other MMO company (in regards to how they deal with the community).
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    meurik wrote: »
    "Soon(tm)"

Use the HTML equivalent: & 8482; (no spaces)
  • Options
    th3gr4ndnagu5th3gr4ndnagu5 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Surely it would be based on the fact that if anything had happened, such as he'd left to pursue other projects, we would have been told about it by now

Just because someone isnt around doesnt mean they left the company; people get sick, have personal things come up, etc. I was asking kalecto how he was "sure" that everything was fine, which was of course prior to Brandon's comment.

The.Grand.Nagus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    valiant797valiant797 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    stohanson wrote: »
    I can agree with that. Pre Dan Stahl leaving, Cryptic was very much community oriented and since his return the answers are more "corporate". A lot of beta users concur. It's like Cryptic went from upfront and informative, to every other MMO company (in regards to how they deal with the community).

That certainly would have nothing to do with the rage threads about EVERYTHING. :rolleyes: I wish that was an exaggeration, but it's not.

I choose to have faith "that the universe will unfold as it should." Some pointy-eared guy said that.
    <signature under reconstruction>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want cheap commodities? Yeah you do. Commodity Cheat Sheet (includes food and data samples)

Want to make the game better? Might I suggest this form
  • Options
    lmrtlmrt Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You killed him, right?...
    Yuxtapuestoelmono, not "Lmrt"
  • Options
    paulymanpaulyman Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Sometimes less communication can be a good thing. How many of us were pretty upset about Gozer's not my department not my problem response to the invisitorps when the respawn penalty was introduced. I can think of several off the cuff responses from Devs and other Cryptic employees that have upset the community.

I for one would much rather see a corporate release with correct well thought out helpful information. We are not all friends with the Devs. Last time i checked Stahl is not my movie buddy and i do not go down to the bar and have karaoke night with Tumerboy. And we do not all meet up at Gozer's on sunday nights to watch True Blood. I want facts and helpful information not chit chat and promises that are not really promises anyway from devs. Leave the releases to the professionals let the developers do their jobs.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Oh... But seriousness is so boring! Let Ten Forward be the realm of silliness, chit-chat, small talk and good humor, it's what it's for no?

Let the Discussion Thread be the Zone of seriousness. That is where the answers should come from.
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Maybe Dan is against merging his cryptic account into a PWE account and is unable to post and unable to log into the site.