test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

gold member stipend

mkilczewskimkilczewski Member Posts: 284
So how much Zen are gold members going to recieve monthly?
Post edited by mkilczewski on

Comments

• bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I doubt you ever will get ZEN as a stipend. If they gave you ZEN, you could transfer it to any PW game. CP will still be "bound" to STO.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • mkilczewskimkilczewski Member Posts: 284
    edited June 2012
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I doubt you ever will get ZEN as a stipend. If they gave you ZEN, you could transfer it to any PW game. CP will still be "bound" to STO.

So the stipend will stay as C-points?
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    They won't. The stipend will still be Cryptic points that are tied to STO only. Zen could be used in any PWE game.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The F2P matrix still lists the promotional points as C-points, and since it seems unlikely they would have moved all the webpage files and info to PWE servers and leave such a mistake seems unlikely.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    The F2P matrix still lists the promotional points as C-points, and since it seems unlikely they would have moved all the webpage files and info to PWE servers and leave such a mistake seems unlikely.

They left the bit about lifetimers have special colors here in the forums....
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So the stipend will stay as C-points?

Understand that I'm not an official source of information.

But I'm pretty sure that the stipend isn't going to change the way it works any time soon.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
    edited June 2012
    They left the bit about lifetimers have special colors here in the forums....

Look at my name... we still have that feature.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • sotaudisotaudi Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    From the Free-to-Play matrix (gold column):
    Monthly Stipend [?] - 400 Promotional Points

If you mouse over the "[?]," you get the following:
    Promotional Points differ from Cryptic Points in that they can only be used in Star Trek Online. Cryptic Points, however, may be used across all Cryptic Studios' games.

Thus, it is not just that they are not going to be in Zen because they only are usable in Cryptic games; technically, they are not even CP. They are promotional points and are only valid in STO, so, theoretically, they are not even usable in Champions Online, even though that is another Cryptic game and it uses CP. As such, until they change that policy, there won't be giving you Zen instead of "promotional points" usable in STO.

But, in answer to your question, since 100 Zen = 80 CP, the conversion formulas are:

Zen * .80 = CP

and

CP * 1.25 = Zen

Thus, if they were to give you the stipend in Zen, it would be 400 * 1.25 = 500 Zen.
  • poisonpoison Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So how much Zen are gold members going to recieve monthly?

I asked Branflakes this yesterday on Twitter, he said we will continue to get the same cpoints as our stipend.
    jfsig02.png
    edited June 2012
    poison wrote: »
    I asked Branflakes this yesterday on Twitter, he said we will continue to get the same cpoints as our stipend.

There we go... solved.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    500 Zen if they decide to convert everything to Zen, still 400 CP if they don't. IMO, it would be the logical move since having one universal currency that can be used in all PWE games would make things easier.

After all, you have 5000 CP in STO and are currently broke, but want some items in Jade Dynasty. You are pretty much screwed in obtaining any items for Jade Dynasty. With a universal currency, then there is no problem.
  • mkilczewskimkilczewski Member Posts: 284
    edited June 2012

Roger, roger...
    edited June 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    500 Zen if they decide to convert everything to Zen, still 400 CP if they don't. IMO, it would be the logical move since having one universal currency that can be used in all PWE games would make things easier.

After all, you have 5000 CP in STO and are currently broke, but want some items in Jade Dynasty. You are pretty much screwed in obtaining any items for Jade Dynasty. With a universal currency, then there is no problem.

Yeah, but the reason they do it the way they do is so that if you want items in Bot Online, oh, I mean Jade Dynasty you have to buy more zen. ;)
    jfsig02.png
  • appletontrekappletontrek Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I think Lifetime is a type of subscription and not an account. You pay for a subscription not an account.
    edited June 2012
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Yep, just read that.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Doesn't mean much in the long run though...

The Z(C)-store prices are going to go up 25% also.

ah well....
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    Doesn't mean much in the long run though...

The Z(C)-store prices are going to go up 25% also.

ah well....

Technically that's not 'going up', that's just listing the items in a different currency. If the novel I buy is $10.00 US, but $12.50 CDN, it's not actually going up. (Well, it is, with the current exchange rate but...you know what I mean! So I could have picked a better example.)
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    tangolight wrote: »
    Technically that's not 'going up', that's just listing the items in a different currency. If the novel I buy is $10.00 US, but $12.50 CDN, it's not actually going up. (Well, it is, with the current exchange rate but...you know what I mean! So I could have picked a better example.)

heh...

I mean what you know...

:wink:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif