test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Console Making How-To

2»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I've had it pop up every three days either in Rolor or Beta, usually when I leave ds9.
    What is a annoyance for my Klingon is that all of his Doffs with resolve have either none of the positive traits, and the rest only have one of the negative traits. He seems to have some bad luck with them when they do open up.

Success is pretty irrelevant on this mission, though, as you get the Strange Artifact even if you fail. Success/Crit just gives add'l XP/Dilith, but the item rewarded is the same.
    edited April 2012
    I've seen some console questions recently, so I'm bumping this for visibility.
    edited June 2012
    for the final assignment, making the consoles, does the doffs rarity count? or only the traits.

want to know before i spend millions on purple doffs.
  • daedalus27daedalus27 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Remember, you can also get the Strange Alien Artifact from the 20 hour Recover/Appropriate/Survey/Secure/etc. Artifacts missions on a Crit. It doesn't happen all the time, but both Uncommon and Rare varients have the possiblity of gaining them that way. I tend to get more artifacts via this method than I do waiting around for the actual repeatable.

You need 1 Research Lab Scientist and 2 Science officers with Crit traits of Efficient/Teamwork. Research lab scientists boost success and Disaster traits are Unruly/Unscrupulous/Cunning.
  • romuzariiromuzarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    for the final assignment, making the consoles, does the doffs rarity count? or only the traits.

want to know before i spend millions on purple doffs.
    Yes purples are the best for it like everything else. I'm pretty sure you will only ever find doffs with one crit match for this assignment. So with that in mind:

You don't absolutely need engineers for it. You can use other classes. If using other classes, ensure they have resolve + a crit trait.

Blue engineers with crit are worth the same as purple engineers with no crits, perhaps a tiny bit less.

5x purple engineers with no crit is 20%-ish crit chance and 51% success rate - more or less the same with 5x blue engineers with crit traits. Also same crit chances for any random 5x purples without crits, but the success drops to 29% and greens jump to 51%.

5x purple crit matches is 24% crit chance (Note: I have yet to see a single purple eng crit, and I'm not certain whether or not they will give you extra pow on their crit matches in comparison to a non related eng with crit match, I'm assuming no but I could be wrong)

5x random non related eng purples with crit match chances across the board are 24% purple /29% blue /47% green, and I presume it's 24/51/25 for purple eng with crit hits.

If you can live with green results with best purple chances then go the route I use. If you require more blues than not which at least is better than greens then go all blue crit match engineers or all purple eng with no crit match, and a 20% chance for crit(I think purple eng with no crit will be cheaper than the blues) If you want best crit chance and a high blue success rate and have a ****million EC then go with the purple crit engineers. Personally I find them a waste of money and would sooner save EC and buy the consoles I need rather than hope for the best over the months with engs that I just spent a ****million EC on.

Be warned, you will get a ****million science purple consoles over everything else. It's blatantly obvious the science classes have better odds than the rest to drop when it comes to console assignment and doff recruitment and the exchange prices show it. Conveniently tac and eng will only drop for green-blue the grand majority of the time. If you have the EC and just need consoles and are trying to make out like a bandit by saving the big bank, trust me. Just buy the consoles and take the loss on EC. But if you insist because you enjoy it, well then by all means, best of luck. You'll need it like everyone else. I would just recommend skipping on purple crit engineers to save 150 million+ EC. Save it for the future to buy lockbox ships or something.
  • midnighter90midnighter90 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Are those consoles Mk IX, X, XI or XII?
    I wont try this doff chain if im just getting a useless mk x purple...
  • kbflordkruegkbflordkrueg Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    All the consoles you make, regardless of rarity, are Mk XII.
    Lord Krueg
    KBF CO
    We are the Dead
    join date Aug 2008
  • klampsklamps Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    For those looking for specific assignments, have a look here:

http://bit.ly/DOFFS
  • vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It doesn't seem that you can get the chances of a purple qualiy console above 24%. I have 4 purple engineers all with resolve and one crit quality and 1 blue with 2 crit qualities, That seems to give me the best results.

Spent way too much for the engineers! Should have read the posts above :o
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    avoid using success traits if you want to max the odds of crit.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    success traits won't reduce crit (purple) chance for console fab because you can't push failure (green) off the result table.

you can get above 24% purple, but only if you have industrialist krinda from the ferengi doff pack - she's a purple engineer with 2 crit traits. not unique so you could have 5 of her, but she's bind on pickup so that would be a ridiculous amount of packs opened unless you just get really really really lucky.

I wrote the OP for this but it was on the old forums so I can't edit it. if anyone wants to make a new post with updated information go ahead, I don't really care to.
  • deightonxdeightonx Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i dont know... i swear i did mine wednesday & i cant find the Negotiate Delivery of Rare Commodities assignment....its under a trade assignment rrrright??? i just want to get a hold of a few consoles i need, as i cant afford on what they want on the exchange.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    deightonx wrote: »
    i dont know... i swear i did mine wednesday & i cant find the Negotiate Delivery of Rare Commodities assignment....its under a trade assignment rrrright??? i just want to get a hold of a few consoles i need, as i cant afford on what they want on the exchange.
    If you want strange alien artifacts, do a lot of those "Recover artifacts from" doff missions, on a crit you might get one. That or rare traces, which you can either use as part of powering the artifact or sell to raise money.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • deightonxdeightonx Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hmm...well as i was reading on how to create the consoles i was thinking you could repeat the process every 3 days. as i just wanted to get a few consoles for my 2 characters/toons, as i cant afford the cost in the exchange. i thought i was looking for the same first assignment that was given in the process of the stages. but, if this points me in the right direction & moves me ahead to get my consoles to get the strange artifacts. Ill try it out in bit later. :D