test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How does one buy C-points now?

amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
Or more accurately, why is having a level 10 character a requirement for buying Zen and why in gods name cant I buy anything when I have 2 max ranked and 1 level 40 character?
7NGGeUP.png

Post edited by amayakitsune on

Comments

• Options
    admiralbeaneadmiralbeane Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I think you have to buy Zen then convert it to CP now
    Admiral-Beane

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aug 2010
  • Options
    jujuthewhale555jujuthewhale555 Member Posts: 0
    edited June 2012
    are you serious what the hell
    you guys are slippin man the site was down all day now this thx alot guys
  • Options
    cptseancptsean Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Or more accurately, why is having a level 10 character a requirement for buying Zen and why in gods name cant I buy anything when I have 2 max ranked and 1 level 40 character?

Agreed. I cant find my characters on the CORE Connect page either. Looks like no c-points today...
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Looks like the characters are not linked to the new system yet. I also get the "character at least level 10" message. Both via Purchase Zen and the C-Store web interface.

Branflakes, I assume you guys are aware that it's likely noone is able to purchase zen/cp right now?
  • Options
    jujuthewhale555jujuthewhale555 Member Posts: 0
    edited June 2012
    seriously im gettin that lvl 10 bull**** too i been waiting all day to buy something i just got the money and your gonna take away the ability to buy cpoints directly now i gotta buy some stupid **** called zen stop ****ing **** up and fix **** you cocksuckers here i am ready to give you my money for a new outfit or something and your gonna **** me raw once again thx alot *******s!!!!
  • Options
    zigadeiczigadeic Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    seriously im gettin that lvl 10 bull**** too i been waiting all day to buy something i just got the money and your gonna take away the ability to buy cpoints directly now i gotta buy some stupid **** called zen stop ****ing **** up and fix **** you cocksuckers here i am ready to give you my money for a new outfit or something and your gonna **** me raw once again thx alot *******s!!!!

I agree I had plans to buy the new ship and this pw site TRIBBLE messes everything up gimme back the ability to buy c points dammit the zen exchange rate is lame 80 zen for 100 cp that just blows
    tumblr_m9xiz26mwj1rdabsoo1_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    zeus#0893 zeus Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    One word sums up this entire mess....

FUBAR!
  • Options
    metalbardmetalbard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    If you have this through steam, you can use the steam wallet to purchase more traditional C-points. But I will agree this does not look all that appetizing.
    IV4N_R4D151CH[SIGPIC]"To watch a train wreck in motion, is an enlightening experience. Especially when it seems to be happening in slow motion."[/SIGPIC] LOCATION: Amongst the wreckage.
  • Options
    mindwipecjgmindwipecjg Member Posts: 0
    edited June 2012
    USE STEAM and buy your Cpoints via the steam wallet.
  • Options
    partiesplayinpartiesplayin Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I too get the level 10 BS message after linking my account .. Total Bull**** !! Fix it and fix it now people .
  • Options
    grizzlyukgrizzlyuk Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Even if you were able to purchase Zen it seems there's currently no way to transfer any amount of Zen from your "wallet" to STO! When attempting to transfer Zen to STO there's no server(s) to select (just a "No characters" option) so the transfer cannot be completed!

This is just a completely massive failure from PWE! They've thrown away what was a good working system and replaced it with something that is currently useless!
    Playing STO since August 2010
    Playing Neverwinter since July 2014
  • Options
    phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    zigadeic wrote: »
    I agree I had plans to buy the new ship and this pw site TRIBBLE messes everything up gimme back the ability to buy c points dammit the zen exchange rate is lame 80 zen for 100 cp that just blows

Keep in mind $1.00 USD = 100 ZEN = 80 CP. They're all totally equivalent so you're not losing anything.

I expect Cryptic will either extend the sale or have a fix up pronto since obviously not being able to give them money is a top priority to fix.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • Options
    ozdropbearozdropbear Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Joined Nov '11 and loved the game . I decided to support it by buying a LTS and c points . In 7 months i have spent over $900.00 . Don't misunderstand me , i haven't minded . After giving up smoking($450.00 per month) i have had the money . Anyway got my work bonus today , $300 . I thought I might convert it to c points and try and get a another bug ship for my KDF toon , and maybe that new fed ship . Tried adding c points and it tells me i can't . So , I spent my bonus on my wife instead . Thank you , I am getting tonight what most people on this forum think of the changes..:biggrin:
  • Options
    rayezillarayezilla Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    one does not simply 'buy' c-bills anymore
  • Options
    eradikitteneradikitten Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    USE STEAM and buy your Cpoints via the steam wallet.

Assuming steamoverlay still works with your account. Mine stopped working about a month ago.
  • Options
    mindwipecjgmindwipecjg Member Posts: 0
    edited June 2012
    Assuming steamoverlay still works with your account. Mine stopped working about a month ago.

it does on my steam client overlay.. if your isnt working try reinstalling the steam client and the game again i've heard that if the overlay doesnt work then a re-install usually fixes it for steam users. but it does work. most of the fleet im in is using the steam version and the overlay works for us all
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ozdropbear wrote: »
    Joined Nov '11 and loved the game . I decided to support it by buying a LTS and c points . In 7 months i have spent over $900.00 . Don't misunderstand me , i haven't minded . After giving up smoking($450.00 per month) i have had the money . Anyway got my work bonus today , $300 . I thought I might convert it to c points and try and get a another bug ship for my KDF toon , and maybe that new fed ship . Tried adding c points and it tells me i can't . So , I spent my bonus on my wife instead . Thank you , I am getting tonight what most people on this forum think of the changes..:biggrin:

gz on giving up smoking
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    deathreign78deathreign78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    PWE did this because of all the account hacks that have been occuring through the C-Point purchasing system. What they don't want you to know id that they are currently under investigation by the Better Business Bureau because they are banning accounts that have been TRIBBLE and unwilling to resolve matters. Lawsuits are also pending against PWE because of their unwillinness to restore wrongly banned accounts and refund the TRIBBLE funds.