test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How can I transfer Zen to STO?

grizzlyukgrizzlyuk Member Posts: 66 Arc User
I've purchased Zen but it seems there's currently no way to transfer any amount of Zen from my "wallet" to STO! I go to "My Wallet" and select the "Transfer ZEN" option, I then follow the instructions:
Step 1: Select Game: Star Trek Online
Step 2: Select Server: only shows a "No Characters" option so I select that as it's the only option
Step 3: Select Amount: cannot select anything here!

If I then click on the "Transfer" button I get a "Please choose server" message but there's NO server to choose! :mad:

If I can't transfer Zen due to PWE's failure to ensure their system actually works before forcing players to use the broken PWE system instead of the former Cryptic system (which worked fine BTW), how do I get a refund on my Zen purchase? :mad:
Playing STO since August 2010
Playing Neverwinter since July 2014
Post edited by grizzlyuk on

Comments

• grizzlyukgrizzlyuk Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hmm, 31 views and zero replies! Is there anyone at either Cryptic or PWE who can explain this TRIBBLE up? :frown:

Right now I feel as if I've been conned into spending my own money for something I can't actually make use of! :mad:

Guess I should just submit a Customer Support ticket as there's clearly no official presence in these forums. :mad:
  • fullybakedbearfullybakedbear Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I have also had this problem and I already filed a ticket with the Perfect world site. You should do the same. You should also relax a bit. It is still 7am PST. Give them a chance to get to work and see that there is a problem.

I do wonder if it is in some way related to the cryptic STO site being down.
  • warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I think at this point, we're going to need a guide or walk through to learn how to spend currency in the C-Store. There have been a couple of threads thus far, all asking the same thing.
  • corporaldeath67corporaldeath67 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I have this same issue. Spent 30USD on Zen and I can't choose the only server that is available. All I want is to transfer this ****; but when I submit a ticket, im to expect a reply in 3-4 days! So lets hope and pray it's fixed.

On a side not, now I wont be able to participate in time to try and get that Jem'hadar warship. :(
  • fullybakedbearfullybakedbear Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    warpedcore wrote: »
    I think at this point, we're going to need a guide or walk through to learn how to spend currency in the C-Store. There have been a couple of threads thus far, all asking the same thing.

No guide needed. It is a problem on the PW site. The server choice is missing "holodeck" and the form requires it to be populated.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It's being worked on and should be working (hopefully) today.

At least I hope today hehe.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• rayezillarayezilla Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    had this issue. I sent a ticket in.
    edited June 2012
    I have also had this problem and I already filed a ticket with the Perfect world site. You should do the same. You should also relax a bit. It is still 7am PST. Give them a chance to get to work and see that there is a problem.

I do wonder if it is in some way related to the cryptic STO site being down.

I have submitted a ticket, received an auto-reply email saying "Your question has been received. You should expect a response from us within 3-4 business days."! Great, so now I have to wait 3-4 days for PWE to sort their TRIBBLE-up out, meanwhile they've got my money and I can't do a damn thing with my "purchase"! Having to wait 3-4 business days for an issue involving real money is unacceptable, I wonder how PWE would like it if I contact my credit card company and instruct them to reverse the payment and then hold it for 6-8 business days? :mad:
    I have this same issue. Spent 30USD on Zen and I can't choose the only server that is available. All I want is to transfer this ****; but when I submit a ticket, im to expect a reply in 3-4 days! So lets hope and pray it's fixed.

On a side not, now I wont be able to participate in time to try and get that Jem'hadar warship. :(
    I also wanted to participate in the DS9 Duty Officer Pack Promo but it seems that some of us will now miss out due to PWE's complete TRIBBLE-up! :mad:

Seems to me that PWE is doing a superb job of alienating the STO player-base. :mad:
    edited June 2012
    askray wrote: »
    It's being worked on and should be working (hopefully) today.

At least I hope today hehe.
    Care to share where you found that piece of information?
    edited June 2012
    This problem has now been fixed, I have just completed the transfer of my earlier Zen purchase. PWE have now added Holodeck in the Server selection step!
  • daspanzerdaspanzer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow, really? 1 year later and they're still having this identical same issue. Well done. A simple missing variable from a drop down list, should have been fixes 1yr ago and still the list is not populating.

Can I get my $20 back?

PW clearly isn't interested in making money. Not impressed. My first purchase ever doing this and it doesn't work. I'm thinking they owe me about 200% Zen and to get it working.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    daspanzer wrote: »
    Wow, really? 1 year later and they're still having this identical same issue. Well done. A simple missing variable from a drop down list, should have been fixes 1yr ago and still the list is not populating.

Can I get my $20 back?

PW clearly isn't interested in making money. Not impressed. My first purchase ever doing this and it doesn't work. I'm thinking they owe me about 200% Zen and to get it working.
    You zombies a year-old thread and you think it has any relevance to what's going on now? The issue was fixed a year ago. If it wasn't there'd be thousands of posts about this. Do you see thousands of threads about this?

The odds are your purchase hasn't been completed yet. If it's your first purchase, as you indicate, then Skrill goes though a verification process that can take an hour or more. They do this to protect you and give you time to dispute the charge before it has been completed in case your card is used illegally by someone else. When the process is done your Wallet will allow you to transfer the funds. That's all in the FAQ on the Wallet site.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • tremble33tremble33 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I cannot transfer ZEN into STO for the same reasons, Holodeck is not there only No characters. And it is not because my purchase hasn't been approved because I was able to transfer ZEN into Neverwinter. I have submitted a ticket and the reply and suggestion to resolve the issue did not work. I told them this and hopefully will get another reply with a solution that works.

Also there is no need to trash someone who posts having this issue even if it is rare or you thought it was fixed years ago. It is still happening right now. It is true that they should submit a ticket and not expect help from Devs here in these forums, but asking other players for help is hardly a reason to attack someone.