test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Preserve your old identity!

Comments

• shakesfistatskyshakesfistatsky Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I kept my name but am forced into these default avatars. Uncool.
    I survived the 2012 Forum Merge - Join Date 11/2008
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Done... but it didn't make me even one bit happier.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • podsixpodsix Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Has anyone noticed that the new signatures allow animated gifs? Seems like a neat way to cram more information into a cramped space. :wink:
    7n4nvF5.png
  • happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    podsix wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that the new signatures allow animated gifs? Seems like a neat way to cram more information into a cramped space. :wink:

The old forum allowed animated avatars and sigs. The rules, however, forbade them. What you can do and what you're allowed to do, do not always correspond. Since we were disallowed before we likely still are.
  • podsixpodsix Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Technically, the old forums didn't "allow" graphical signatures, they only allowed BBCode that let you use a remotely hosted image.

The current setup requires us to UPLOAD the image to cryptic/PWE, and they've specifically enabled uploading of animated gifs.

Since the original rules said we were allowed to have links and BBCode in our signatures, and could have 500x150 images, I can only assume that those rules will be changing, and the new settings are the intended ones.
    7n4nvF5.png
  • snipe048snipe048 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I flipping hate PWE and there Bullpies.

Founder and Current CO of Gamma Strike Force

Player since December 2009
  • harveycloneharveyclone Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Good idea,here's mine or not :mad:
  • cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited June 2012
    As someone who never had a sig to begin with in the old forums, I'm glad I can at least show off my... origins.
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yeah, I tried to do it without the "1" but it *claimed* that "thegrandnagus" was already taken. However, I just tried to search for that name in the "user name" box here and mine was the only one that came up:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/search.php

So, yeah.

I'm having the same problem :(
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    My new name says it all.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I do know you can't use the ' in names. I tryed the same thing, using my feresan's name as about 10 others and all my characters were taken, but it looked weird and was to long.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• suricartasuricarta Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    My name is also already taken, so there is another guy called 'Suricata' interloping on the forums now :-P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Formerly Suricata - Join Date July 2008
  • sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Was able to nab mine without having to resort to using a number, thank goodness.
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    suricarta wrote: »
    My name is also already taken, so there is another guy called 'Suricata' interloping on the forums now :-P

No, there probably isn't. It just seems everyone that linked his account this time had his old forum name still locked, despite the only one using it was him. :rolleyes:

I hope they get this fixed. I tried filing a support ticket... Maybe if enough people do it, they work on a generalized solution. (And hopefully they don't just say "tough luck, in this perfect world, misspelled names or numbered names are perfectly fine.")
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I decided to go for a new one given nobody knows or cares who I am.:smile:
  • vennjammervennjammer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well, this is different!
  • derekslidederekslide Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So... what am I doing wrong that my sig refuses to display?
    Never mind!!!
  • derekslidederekslide Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Testing... Why no BBCODE?!!
  • njdmb30njdmb30 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This is terrible. Join dates are reset, my avatar is gone, I can't link my PWE and Cryptic accounts, Support is down because the Submit a Ticket page won't load, and now there are post counters for all the post-counting e-peen nerds. Great job taking a mediocre forum and making it worse.
    Hope we get these issues resolved soon for all those with display name issues and get options to use BBCODE and avatars back.

In the mean time I'm just glad I have a unique enough name to keep it as I originally intended it to be (without an x on either side since i already have a reserved name that's similar since beta lol)
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
  • atrus19atrus19 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    See my sig. If you were forced to change your name, put your old one(and avatar) in your sig and preserve your identity :smile:

Good idea Nagus. I will do that. Good to see you around. Friendly familiar face in the storm of BAD.

- Demosthenes01101, from the REAL Star Trek Online forums!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."

"You have been, and always shall be, my friend."
    - Pointy-eared, green blooded, hobgoblin

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
    - Sherlock Holmes
    edited June 2012
    njdmb30 wrote: »
    This is terrible. Join dates are reset, my avatar is gone, I can't link my PWE and Cryptic accounts, Support is down because the Submit a Ticket page won't load, and now there are post counters for all the post-counting e-peen nerds. Great job taking a mediocre forum and making it worse.

Sign my petition! I don't know if it will DO anything...I want someone from Cryptic...not PWE....in charge. PWE can take all the slices of the money they want, but they have to leave Cryptic at the helm...of ALL aspects of our interaction with the game.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
    - Sherlock Holmes
  • elric071elric071 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Forgive the ignorance, but I can't even find where to put a sig in! I go to edit my info, and I can't find a place to add a sig. Can someone please direct me to where I can add it? I guess I am just having a brain TRIBBLE, but I can't seem to find it :frown:
    Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Co-Founder of TOS Veterans and TOS Qan Mang
    edited June 2012
    elric071 wrote: »
    Forgive the ignorance, but I can't even find where to put a sig in! I go to edit my info, and I can't find a place to add a sig. Can someone please direct me to where I can add it? I guess I am just having a brain TRIBBLE, but I can't seem to find it :frown:

It's under 'User CP' button. Don't worry I didn't get it either. I just clicked all the buttons until one worked. Stupid PWE.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Sherlock Holmes
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    derekslide wrote: »
    Testing... Why no BBCODE?!!
    Because it's evil, I presume. :(
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • elric071elric071 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    lemme see if it worked....

Thank you for the info :)
    Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Co-Founder of TOS Veterans and TOS Qan Mang
  • harveycloneharveyclone Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Will it work this time
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Will it work this time