test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Preserve your old identity!

thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
See my sig. If you were forced to change your name, put your old one(and avatar) in your sig and preserve your identity :smile:

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
Post edited by thegrandnagus1 on

Comments

• shapeywhelmshapeywhelm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Id rather them give us the option of not having to use our PWE display account names.

I made my PWE account as a throw away thing, had no idea it would force me to use the name.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    But Nagus! My Identity was my sig! It doesn't work anymore!!!! :frown:
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Done and done. Shame we have to use a work around though.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Id rather them give us the option of not having to use our PWE display account names.

I made my PWE account as a throw away thing, had no idea it would force me to use the name.

At this point you could always just create a new one for posting and then make your display name whatever you want.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • rokesmithrokesmith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm going to miss my old avatar - I think I lost the file when I switched over to my new laptop. Maybe I can hunt the original down again. I don't know, the new forum shenanigans and all the whitewashing of the old stuff (not to mention join dates) just makes me sad enough that I'm not sure I can muster up the ganas to care.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    when i sold my soul, err, linked accounts, the first 2 name boxes had my handle but it was red and only 1 box could have that name. its the second box that shows what your name is on the forum. if you can edit that maybe you can get rid of that 1 at the end of your name, and just make the name in your first box whatever.
  • storobertpraetorstorobertpraetor Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Sig test...

*edit* darn, didn't work.
    Did and thnx
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    when i sold my soul, err, linked accounts, the first 2 name boxes had my handle but it was red and only 1 box could have that name. its the second box that shows what your name is on the forum. if you can edit that maybe you can get rid of that 1 at the end of your name, and just make the name in your first box whatever.

Yeah, I tried to do it without the "1" but it *claimed* that "thegrandnagus" was already taken. However, I just tried to search for that name in the "user name" box here and mine was the only one that came up:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/search.php

So, yeah.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Enforcing the standard avatars is a bad idea. I hope they let us upload custom ones eventually :( Also, the footer size has reduced from 150x500 to 100x500 :(
  • rokesmithrokesmith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Is it just me or is getting the signature option to work like pulling teeth? I even resized my original sig to fit the new smaller 500x100 requirement, still not working yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • civilphilcivilphil Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This. I was worried about this. Now I am not. ;)

Still annoyed about the join date . . . .

If you find yourself participating in a discussion, and you know nothing can ever persuade you to alter your view, please recognize that you are not being objective about the subject at hand and further discussion with you is futile.

=/\= Fleet Admiral Shin
    Subscriber since 1-28-2010
    d1xder6-d8102b36-c444-41a4-915a-3fa1a47b1a06.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2U5YjM0YjRmLWU1N2EtNDRlMi05YWNhLWU2OWI4MWUzODcwYlwvZDF4ZGVyNi1kODEwMmIzNi1jNDQ0LTQxYTQtOTE1YS0zZmExYTQ3YjFhMDYuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.KaJ-YJnj-4adaDVwUlEGPSXWvcMN1Znn3NnGZm2wXFg
  • mrtoken_1390846233mrtoken_1390846233 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    How does one get the "Career Officer" back under your avatar
  • darkphoxydarkphoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    mrtoken wrote: »
    How does one get the "Career Officer" back under your avatar

Click edit your avatar button, then at the bottom select show lifetime status and then apply.
    edited June 2012
    Yeah, I tried to do it without the "1" but it *claimed* that "thegrandnagus" was already taken. However, I just tried to search for that name in the "user name" box here and mine was the only one that came up:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/search.php

So, yeah.

that's lame. there is literally another person with my user name, if you click my name it takes you to the profile of some guy that plays something called Rusty Hearts. lolwut?

so my name was literally taken, motherffffff, yet i had no trouble using the same old name as always, with out any 1 at the end or anything.

there is a core connect profile for my account, but i have to go find it in the community drop down, it doesn't link to it by default. i don't know what the purpose for this thing is, but im super irritated at this.
  • civilphilcivilphil Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Oh, and if you have text in your sig, like mine you better add a line or other separation so people don't gets all the confused. :tongue:

We is smart on the internetz.

If you find yourself participating in a discussion, and you know nothing can ever persuade you to alter your view, please recognize that you are not being objective about the subject at hand and further discussion with you is futile.

=/\= Fleet Admiral Shin
    Subscriber since 1-28-2010
    d1xder6-d8102b36-c444-41a4-915a-3fa1a47b1a06.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2U5YjM0YjRmLWU1N2EtNDRlMi05YWNhLWU2OWI4MWUzODcwYlwvZDF4ZGVyNi1kODEwMmIzNi1jNDQ0LTQxYTQtOTE1YS0zZmExYTQ3YjFhMDYuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.KaJ-YJnj-4adaDVwUlEGPSXWvcMN1Znn3NnGZm2wXFg
  • mrtoken_1390846233mrtoken_1390846233 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    darkphoxy wrote: »
    Click edit your avatar button, then at the bottom select show lifetime status and then apply.

Thank you.

<10char>
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Good Idea, this whole holding onto our virtual forums identity thing.
    Done and Done
    edited June 2012

just to add to this, to actually log into the game launcher, i had to use what i put in that first box, that HAD to be different from what was in the second box for no reason. at least my @handle in game did not change to what i put in the launcher
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    My old ID was @DecadeComplete. I decided to go with my main toons name this time.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Will try to save my avatar.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • dinkelsendinkelsen Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Looks like I am one of the few that likes the fact that my account name is not broadcasted around anymore. When I setup my Cryptic account they should have told me that it would be visible to just about anybody... :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To Borgly Go Webcomic - Season 1, Season 2, Season 3
    Dei schware Pheisa Launzn trifft'n Robotazombiewiarfl und schlitzt eam fui auf. 50.000 Schodn, oida.
  • metalbardmetalbard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    A change or two here and there, I am all set for now though. Will continue to check up on this every so often to see what type of hilarity will await me.
    IV4N_R4D151CH[SIGPIC]"To watch a train wreck in motion, is an enlightening experience. Especially when it seems to be happening in slow motion."[/SIGPIC] LOCATION: Amongst the wreckage.
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Already done, as soon as I figured out how to do so.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • metalbardmetalbard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    dinkelsen wrote: »
    Looks like I am one of the few that likes the fact that my account name is not broadcasted around anymore. When I setup my Cryptic account they should have told me that it would be visible to just about anybody... :-)
    I suppose this would be a plus but, technically, your in-game account handle is still the same.
    IV4N_R4D151CH[SIGPIC]"To watch a train wreck in motion, is an enlightening experience. Especially when it seems to be happening in slow motion."[/SIGPIC] LOCATION: Amongst the wreckage.
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    metalbard wrote: »
    I suppose this would be a plus but, technically, your in-game account handle is still the same.

RE: Your signature, you can post URL's, you just have to obfuscate them a bit :S
    See my ugly sig lol
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • cohas79cohas79 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for the info Nagus. done!
    Have No Fear! Cohas is Here!
  • creepercatchercreepercatcher Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    But Nagus! My Identity was my sig! It doesn't work anymore!!!! :frown:

This is really annoying! I am known by my online name (ellbristow). I didn't use it for PWE because I don't like PWE and didn't want to be associated with them... now I can't use my normal name for the STO forum, which I very much DO want to be associated with!

Bad move by PWE, -10 internetz for them!

I understand that PWE pwnd Cryptic, but forcing users to change their identity and not giving them the option to change it back is not clever... especially when their display name is not their username!
    ======
    ellbristow > Identity stolen by PWE
    ======

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Rule of Kobayashi:
    If at first you don't succeed, activate "Kirk" mode
  • happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You know, I would add my old avatar to my sig... but why bother? I mean, really, what's the point? It's not like PWE is going to help foster any sense of community here, so why bother striving to have an identity? Without one there's really little need for the other. We may as well all be faceless pawns on the board, since that's all we're apparently supposed to be. All they want us to be. And they control the game.

On another note... why mandate standard avatars if you're going to allow custom signatures? That seems more than a little... incredibly stupid.
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Ah well. At least I can mod my sig.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]