test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question about C-Store

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2013 in C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
I am thinking of deleting my character and creating a new one, but will that mean I will lose everything I bought in the C-Store?
I know stuff says "will unlock for all characters", but does that count when you delete your only character and have none in between character deletion and character creation? I don't want to lose my Enterprise NX replica or Enterprise uniforms.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    MadDemon64 wrote: »
    I am thinking of deleting my character and creating a new one, but will that mean I will lose everything I bought in the C-Store?
    I know stuff says "will unlock for all characters", but does that count when you delete your only character and have none in between character deletion and character creation? I don't want to lose my Enterprise NX replica or Enterprise uniforms.

I would be EXTREMELY surprised if you lost everything with your character, or at least, everything you've mentioned (namely a ship and a uniform pack).

There seem to be two main types of C-Store items - things that are account-wide and things that are character-specific. Character-specific stuff is usually things like equipment. So if you bought Tribble of Borg, a couple BOff slots, DOff slots or a DOff pack, you're going to be out of luck.

Account-wide things are things like most ships (not all, but I'm pretty sure the NX qualifies) and most clothing packs. I think "most" includes virtually all that you actually purchase.

For what it's worth I have several characters and ALL have been able to access the C-Store ships I've purchased, including the ship that I got from being on a trial account just before F2P, which was the NX. It also came with an Enterprise uniform pack, and although I am not certain if it applies account-wide as well, I would be very surprised if it did not.

So in other words, I don't think you have anything to worry about if you're worried about the NX class ship or the Enterprise uniform pack. I am NOT absolutely certain of that, though, but I personally wouldn't be too concerned. I do not have experience in actually wiping all toons from the account.

To prevent it from "being empty," if your toon is at level 25 or higher you could create a Klingon character while you wipe and remake your toon. If there is some strange policy about wiping out your account-wide unlocks with a character-less account, this should keep it from being entirely empty, though it's probably not necessary to begin with.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Red_1999 wrote:
    I would be EXTREMELY surprised if you lost everything with your character, or at least, everything you've mentioned (namely a ship and a uniform pack).

There seem to be two main types of C-Store items - things that are account-wide and things that are character-specific. Character-specific stuff is usually things like equipment. So if you bought Tribble of Borg, a couple BOff slots, DOff slots or a DOff pack, you're going to be out of luck.

Account-wide things are things like most ships (not all, but I'm pretty sure the NX qualifies) and most clothing packs. I think "most" includes virtually all that you actually purchase.

For what it's worth I have several characters and ALL have been able to access the C-Store ships I've purchased, including the ship that I got from being on a trial account just before F2P, which was the NX. It also came with an Enterprise uniform pack, and although I am not certain if it applies account-wide as well, I would be very surprised if it did not.

So in other words, I don't think you have anything to worry about if you're worried about the NX class ship or the Enterprise uniform pack. I am NOT absolutely certain of that, though, but I personally wouldn't be too concerned. I do not have experience in actually wiping all toons from the account.

To prevent it from "being empty," if your toon is at level 25 or higher you could create a Klingon character while you wipe and remake your toon. If there is some strange policy about wiping out your account-wide unlocks with a character-less account, this should keep it from being entirely empty, though it's probably not necessary to begin with.

The thing is, I just started them, and decided I didn't want to continue with them, but go with another race (made my own alien race, but now I want to delete it and go with a Caitian), so creating a klingon is out of the question, and I don't want to spend money on extra character slots.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    There are account unlocks and character unlocks. Deleting your character will make you lose all your character unlocks (inventory slots, certain pets if not legacy (before F2P), etc.), but none of your account unlocks (ships, legacy items, costumes, costume slots, etc.).
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    If your currently subscribing, making a new toon will give you everything the others have in terms of C-Store purchases and unlocks.

If you were a subscriber I believe some things like tribbles etc are not able to be picked up again, again I've only heard that from people on TS having problems, I don't know for sure.
  • Options
    jbell1348jbell1348 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If your currently subscribing, making a new toon will give you everything the others have in terms of C-Store purchases and unlocks.

If you were a subscriber I believe some things like tribbles etc are not able to be picked up again, again I've only heard that from people on TS having problems, I don't know for sure.

So if I am subscribing then i wont loose the duty officer pack?
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    as long as you are using the same ACCOUNT, you are fine.. Drummond is my first character. He and Anne's Deety are the only two that are not expendable. all the other toons are at our whim to delete.

that said, if the CHARACTER has any CHARACTER SPECIFIC items, you lose em
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    iamjmphiamjmph Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    so as a free player if i deleted my character to start over(i lost the internet for a couple months and want to start fresh) id lose my duty officers and my borg bridge officer and things like that? kinda annoying...

What exactly does this refer to then?
    "If you discard, sell, trade, or use a Borg Bridge Officer for training, you WILL NOT be able to claim a free replacement from the C-Store. You can only have a single Borg Bridge officer active at once. "

Does that mean they only replace if it disappears cause of a glitch?
    And where can we get a list of what we've purchased already?

sorry if it seems im hijacking this thread, despite being registered for months i still cant open new threads